Discuss Scratch

transparent
Scratcher
35 posts

Your Favorite Films

hugo, super 8, back to the future, ferris bueller's day off, the royal tenenbaum, moonrise kingdom

among others

one large granny fry
hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

ReEvolved wrote:

Wreck It Ralph - Finally, they introduced video games into movies!
Well, they introduced it successfully. (And it's not the first time)
Lol, yes. Let's not forget Nintendo's big advertising screw-up, The Wizard. Oh, as well as the Super Mario Bros. mpvie, and the Mortal Kombat movies.
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Your Favorite Films

Here's some of my favorites, this list is very incomplete:
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
-X-Men: Days of Future Past
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Jurassic Park
-The Avengers
-Lord of the Rings Trilogy
-Narnia
-The Lego Movie
-Some Transformers Movies
-Many more that I don't have the time to mention here.
Lilry1
Scratcher
100+ posts

Your Favorite Films

This is ranked 1-5, 1 being the best *THIS IS MY UPDATED LIST

1: A Hard Days Night (1964)

2: The Sound Of Music (1965)

3: Help! (1965)

4: Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2014)

5: Unbroken (2014)

Last edited by Lilry1 (Dec. 30, 2014 14:51:56)

BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

hoole001 wrote:

BaconAndEggs1 wrote:

ReEvolved wrote:

Wreck It Ralph - Finally, they introduced video games into movies!
Well, they introduced it successfully. (And it's not the first time)
Lol, yes. Let's not forget Nintendo's big advertising screw-up, The Wizard. Oh, as well as the Super Mario Bros. mpvie, and the Mortal Kombat movies.
Don't forget Street Fighter!

Cherry-Tumbleweed
Scratcher
89 posts

Your Favorite Films

5- Zapped
4- Aladdin
3- All Dogs go to Heaven
2- Heaven is for Real
1- Hetalia: Paint it White
Cherry-Tumbleweed
Scratcher
89 posts

Your Favorite Films

lcftf wrote:

Here's some of my favorites, this list is very incomplete:
-Captain America: The Winter Soldier
-X-Men: Days of Future Past
-Guardians of the Galaxy
-Jurassic Park
-The Avengers
-Lord of the Rings Trilogy
-Narnia
-The Lego Movie
-Some Transformers Movies
-Many more that I don't have the time to mention here.
I love the Chronicles of Narnia!
~Cherry
ronanrorok
Scratcher
11 posts

Your Favorite Films

Heres three movies i like
Wallace and gromit: the curee of the wererAbbit, for some reason i just really like that movie

The shawshank redeption, just a great movie

The incredibles: i watched this movie a couple months ago and i realised how great it actually was
hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

Cherry-Tumbleweed wrote:

5- Zapped
4- Aladdin
3- All Dogs go to Heaven
2- Heaven is for Real
1- Hetalia: Paint it White
Aladdin is awesome!
ashcry
Scratcher
20 posts

Your Favorite Films

1. Camp rock 2008
2. Camp rock 2 final jam 2010
3. Father of the bride 2 I think 1996
pacmanjames
Scratcher
5 posts

Your Favorite Films

I have a bit of a mature entry here
so here we go:

5) Jaws (1975)- It's more than a shark movie, it's a movie about the greed in humans and I think that the shark is used as a tool for explaining the psychology of our main characters. Also, the story takes place close to my home so that's a plus. I remember the first time I really fell in love with Jaws and that was when I was twelve. I remember that when I started watching Jaws the sun was up and when the film ended it was pitch black outside. Spielberg said that he would shoot the movie if they gave him permission too NOT show the shark for the first half of the film and that's why the shark still works to this day. Spielberg believed the same thing I did and that's what you don't see is scarier, and the shark is certainly scary enough to be right next to Norman Bates. Speaking of Norman…

4) The main Alfred Hitchcock classics- Vertigo(1958), Rear Window (1954), North By Northwest (1952?), and especially Psycho (1960). Vertigo is a masterpiece of a man's obsession over a woman. Rear Window is a stylish thriller with a straight-thru plot, but has wonderful acting thrown in. North By Northwest is my James Bond, and Glen Cove is seriously my hometown and it's creepy to think of a devious plot going around close to home, which was a theme that Hitchcock was obsessed with throughout his career. Which leads to Psycho, my favorite of his. I can't say why I like Psycho. My mother of all people ruined the twist ending for me long before I actually got to see it via a VHS recording, but there is something about Psycho and the fact that you can't talk about without ruining a bit of the plot. I think everyone knows that it stars Janet Leigh in the beginning. Even that sentence has some plot points spoiled. Anyway, Psycho is just as terrifying then as it now. Of course the remake sucks.

3) Singin' In The Rain (1952)- This is the best musical ever made. Seriously. This is a movie that you can just watch over and over again and never get bored! Singin' In The Rain is semi- true story about the transition to sound films and Don Lockwood having to film with his usual Lena Lemont who just has the ugliest voice imaginable. This musical has some of the best songs put on cinema, and doesn't it just feel so good at end when everything turned out the way it did? I love this movie because I have been working in theater with my dad for years and this movie does everything right. The dancing is flipping amazing and the set design is just powerful. I honestly can not think of one thing bad about this movie and you should watch multiple times because this movie just gets better every time.

2) Citizen Kane (1941)- I was deciding if this should be number one, but I will say this: Citizen Kane is more than a movie that was shrouded in controversy when first released. Citizen Kane is a man's life. This is a man that you could of passed by on the street and not even think about it. Charles Foster Kane is a sad, misunderstood man and when it came to his death, people went ballistic over finding out what his last words mean. I always loved the fact that everyone had a different perspective on Charles Foster Kane. When someone thought he was nice, their viewpoint of him is a generous young man who just wants to start somewhere. When someone thought he was evil, their viewpoint on him is of a old, greedy, monster of an idiot who is very rude to his wife. The biggest thing about Citizen Kane is the ending which I won't spoil, but I'll say that it made me cry the first time I saw it. All of this is complimented with the beautiful film score composed by Bernard Herrman, who was also a regular for Alfred Hitchcock now that I think about it. Anyway this is the best film score in my opinion, seriously. I don't think there is anything else to say other than watch it before you die, you will not regret it.

1) Same as some other people in this forum my favorite film is the filmography of a director.
this director is: Stanley Kubrick-
Stanley was a mad genius with his movies, so instead of explaining each of his movies in extreme detail, I am going to summarize all of his films with one sentence: Fantastic.
My parents were very trusting of me when I saw Stanley Kubrick's movies. I was twelve when I saw The Shining (1980) and don't mean briefly see some scenes, no no no. I saw The Shining all the through paying close attention at least thirty times. Full Metal Jacket (1987) is not just a dumb comedy which is easy to do, Stanley put love and soul into Full Metal Jacket, and at the end of the movie where Joker develops the thousand yard stare is what makes you want to watch the movie again and watch as you forgot the fully developed characters that this script allows.
I can't say I remembered a lot of Spartacus (1960), but I own it on DVD so I guess I should watch it again.
This leads to my two favorite Kubrick movies, in backwards order:

Dr. Strangelove (1964) is a fantastic political satire that Kubrick put love and care into. There is nothing I can say about, so just watch it. Trust me, I've seen it more times than I would like to admit, but I can say that this movie gets funnier the more times I watch it.

And this leads to my favorite movie of all time, a movie that has been theorized more than it's been watched, this is the quintessential movie for anyone who is interested in movies as an art form. This movie is a myth as it is legend. This film is:

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)- This is THE movie! 2001 is a visual poem that goes by the phrase “Less equals more”. This movie starts with the dawn of man sequence when this odd monolith from space comes down for who knows how long and then just disappears. Later a monkey who was around the monolith finds a bunch of bones and starts to smash them together. This is how they learned to kill. The monkeys started to fight and this is when we betray each other. One of the monkeys decides to end this nonsense and threw a bone up in the air. This is the famous jump-cut from the first weapon, to the nuclear bomb, the “ultimate weapon”. After a few shots if a few spaceships we have some dialogue. We are now 25 minutes in and we are finally getting some human characters and the dialogue is so muffled that you have to pay attention. Paying attention is the most important part of this movie as that is the sense of security that Kubrick wants you to feel. Back to the story, the men discuss a mysterious monolith on the surface of the moon and they go investigate it. When they do, the high pitch noise makes them drop dead. We cut 18 months later and we are an hour into the movie. We meet our main characters as this is where the story starts. I swear after ten minutes of nothing happening we get a news broadcast about our main characters. We find out that half of the crew go into hibernation which all of their life functions rely on one thing, HAL. HAL is the robot described as the sixth person on the crew. HAL makes sure everything in the ship is intact and he is the only thing that are keeping these guys alive. One day HAL finds a fault in one of the satellites on the ship and HAL suggests that they have to cut off their radio communication for the short time it would take them to fix it. One the crew members goes out to fix it while David Bowman is talking to another crew member. They discuss that their is something suspicious about HAL while HAL is reading their lips. HAL is frustrated and kills everyone except David. David goes up into the main control room to shut off HAL while HAL is trying to calm him down. After he shuts of HAL a pre-recorded message appears and describes to him what happened 18 months prier. David goes off pass Jupiter and we see the monolith drifting out in space as David enters the Stargate. For thirteen minutes we see beautiful imagery literally pass by us. After this sequence, David ends up in the white room as he watches himself grow older and die. When we see that when he dies he gets reincarnated as the Star Child. The final shot of the movie is the Star Child looking down on Earth and then we just cut to the credits.

This reason alone is why 2001: A Space Odyssey is my favorite movie of all time.

Some Honorable mentions include but is not limited to:
Lawrence Of Arabia (1962)
Casablanca (1942)
The Jazz Singer (1927)

What do you people think about my list as it took me OVER TWO HOURS TO WRITE IT!
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

pacmanjames wrote:

What do you people think about my list as it took me OVER TWO HOURS TO WRITE IT!
Woah…just woah. You have earned my genuine respect. I've never seen any of these films and they've been talked about a lot, but…you're awesome. Full stop.

hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

pacmanjames wrote:

I have a bit of a mature entry here
so here we go:

5) Jaws (1975)- It's more than a shark movie, it's a movie about the greed in humans and I think that the shark is used as a tool for explaining the psychology of our main characters. Also, the story takes place close to my home so that's a plus. I remember the first time I really fell in love with Jaws and that was when I was twelve. I remember that when I started watching Jaws the sun was up and when the film ended it was pitch black outside. Spielberg said that he would shoot the movie if they gave him permission too NOT show the shark for the first half of the film and that's why the shark still works to this day. Spielberg believed the same thing I did and that's what you don't see is scarier, and the shark is certainly scary enough to be right next to Norman Bates. Speaking of Norman…

4) The main Alfred Hitchcock classics- Vertigo(1958), Rear Window (1954), North By Northwest (1952?), and especially Psycho (1960). Vertigo is a masterpiece of a man's obsession over a woman. Rear Window is a stylish thriller with a straight-thru plot, but has wonderful acting thrown in. North By Northwest is my James Bond, and Glen Cove is seriously my hometown and it's creepy to think of a devious plot going around close to home, which was a theme that Hitchcock was obsessed with throughout his career. Which leads to Psycho, my favorite of his. I can't say why I like Psycho. My mother of all people ruined the twist ending for me long before I actually got to see it via a VHS recording, but there is something about Psycho and the fact that you can't talk about without ruining a bit of the plot. I think everyone knows that it stars Janet Leigh in the beginning. Even that sentence has some plot points spoiled. Anyway, Psycho is just as terrifying then as it now. Of course the remake sucks.

3) Singin' In The Rain (1952)- This is the best musical ever made. Seriously. This is a movie that you can just watch over and over again and never get bored! Singin' In The Rain is semi- true story about the transition to sound films and Don Lockwood having to film with his usual Lena Lemont who just has the ugliest voice imaginable. This musical has some of the best songs put on cinema, and doesn't it just feel so good at end when everything turned out the way it did? I love this movie because I have been working in theater with my dad for years and this movie does everything right. The dancing is flipping amazing and the set design is just powerful. I honestly can not think of one thing bad about this movie and you should watch multiple times because this movie just gets better every time.

2) Citizen Kane (1941)- I was deciding if this should be number one, but I will say this: Citizen Kane is more than a movie that was shrouded in controversy when first released. Citizen Kane is a man's life. This is a man that you could of passed by on the street and not even think about it. Charles Foster Kane is a sad, misunderstood man and when it came to his death, people went ballistic over finding out what his last words mean. I always loved the fact that everyone had a different perspective on Charles Foster Kane. When someone thought he was nice, their viewpoint of him is a generous young man who just wants to start somewhere. When someone thought he was evil, their viewpoint on him is of a old, greedy, monster of an idiot who is very rude to his wife. The biggest thing about Citizen Kane is the ending which I won't spoil, but I'll say that it made me cry the first time I saw it. All of this is complimented with the beautiful film score composed by Bernard Herrman, who was also a regular for Alfred Hitchcock now that I think about it. Anyway this is the best film score in my opinion, seriously. I don't think there is anything else to say other than watch it before you die, you will not regret it.

1) Same as some other people in this forum my favorite film is the filmography of a director.
this director is: Stanley Kubrick-
Stanley was a mad genius with his movies, so instead of explaining each of his movies in extreme detail, I am going to summarize all of his films with one sentence: Fantastic.
My parents were very trusting of me when I saw Stanley Kubrick's movies. I was twelve when I saw The Shining (1980) and don't mean briefly see some scenes, no no no. I saw The Shining all the through paying close attention at least thirty times. Full Metal Jacket (1987) is not just a dumb comedy which is easy to do, Stanley put love and soul into Full Metal Jacket, and at the end of the movie where Joker develops the thousand yard stare is what makes you want to watch the movie again and watch as you forgot the fully developed characters that this script allows.
I can't say I remembered a lot of Spartacus (1960), but I own it on DVD so I guess I should watch it again.
This leads to my two favorite Kubrick movies, in backwards order:

Dr. Strangelove (1964) is a fantastic political satire that Kubrick put love and care into. There is nothing I can say about, so just watch it. Trust me, I've seen it more times than I would like to admit, but I can say that this movie gets funnier the more times I watch it.

And this leads to my favorite movie of all time, a movie that has been theorized more than it's been watched, this is the quintessential movie for anyone who is interested in movies as an art form. This movie is a myth as it is legend. This film is:

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)- This is THE movie! 2001 is a visual poem that goes by the phrase “Less equals more”. This movie starts with the dawn of man sequence when this odd monolith from space comes down for who knows how long and then just disappears. Later a monkey who was around the monolith finds a bunch of bones and starts to smash them together. This is how they learned to kill. The monkeys started to fight and this is when we betray each other. One of the monkeys decides to end this nonsense and threw a bone up in the air. This is the famous jump-cut from the first weapon, to the nuclear bomb, the “ultimate weapon”. After a few shots if a few spaceships we have some dialogue. We are now 25 minutes in and we are finally getting some human characters and the dialogue is so muffled that you have to pay attention. Paying attention is the most important part of this movie as that is the sense of security that Kubrick wants you to feel. Back to the story, the men discuss a mysterious monolith on the surface of the moon and they go investigate it. When they do, the high pitch noise makes them drop dead. We cut 18 months later and we are an hour into the movie. We meet our main characters as this is where the story starts. I swear after ten minutes of nothing happening we get a news broadcast about our main characters. We find out that half of the crew go into hibernation which all of their life functions rely on one thing, HAL. HAL is the robot described as the sixth person on the crew. HAL makes sure everything in the ship is intact and he is the only thing that are keeping these guys alive. One day HAL finds a fault in one of the satellites on the ship and HAL suggests that they have to cut off their radio communication for the short time it would take them to fix it. One the crew members goes out to fix it while David Bowman is talking to another crew member. They discuss that their is something suspicious about HAL while HAL is reading their lips. HAL is frustrated and kills everyone except David. David goes up into the main control room to shut off HAL while HAL is trying to calm him down. After he shuts of HAL a pre-recorded message appears and describes to him what happened 18 months prier. David goes off pass Jupiter and we see the monolith drifting out in space as David enters the Stargate. For thirteen minutes we see beautiful imagery literally pass by us. After this sequence, David ends up in the white room as he watches himself grow older and die. When we see that when he dies he gets reincarnated as the Star Child. The final shot of the movie is the Star Child looking down on Earth and then we just cut to the credits.

This reason alone is why 2001: A Space Odyssey is my favorite movie of all time.

Some Honorable mentions include but is not limited to:
Lawrence Of Arabia (1962)
Casablanca (1942)
The Jazz Singer (1927)

Wow. Extremely impressive! I am officially impressed! Really good perspective of each film and why you like it. And wow, 2 hours!
Code_Name_Geek
Scratcher
100+ posts

Your Favorite Films

In the spirit of the holidays, the Polar Express is one of my favourites. It has a specific mood and feel, bordering on dark at times, and I really like that. The character of the hobo is incredibly interesting and well-done. Also I love trains, so that definitely helps .

I absolutely love Newsies. Some of the plot and characters are meh (in my opinion the musical succeeded better in those areas, oddly enough) but the music and dancing is absolutely fantastic. The lyrics of the songs are especially clever, plus there's amazing trumpet parts.

Are you a writer of any kind? Check out the Writers' Guild of Scratch!

Looking for project ideas? The Creative Spark studio is packed full of projects designed to jumpstart your imagination!

“Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn. They teach you there’s a boundary line to music. But, man, there’s no boundary line to art.”
—Charlie Parker
transparent
Scratcher
35 posts

Your Favorite Films

transparent wrote:

hugo, super 8, back to the future, ferris bueller's day off, the royal tenenbaum, moonrise kingdom

among others
aladdin and remember the titans as well

one large granny fry
MSPA
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

Not really a movie but could be qualified as one (maybe??).

It's Over the Garden Wall on Cartoon Network.

jdviolinboy
Scratcher
23 posts

Your Favorite Films

1. Up
2. Spider-man
3. Hunger Games
4. Monsters Inc.
5. 300
SuperDoom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

5. Cars 2
4. Star Wars 4-3 not including 2
3. Wall-E
2. Wreck-It Wralph
1. The SpongeBob Movie

P.S. Who is ready for Pixels?

Last edited by SuperDoom (Jan. 4, 2015 18:42:55)

WARNING: Anything I post is either stupid, sarcastic, or ironic. I am not to be taken seriously. Feel free to make fun of me for anything I say.
“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”
essentiallibertyisfreedomofspeech~Benjamin Franklin (This is my motto for replying to suggestions.)
As of 83G1NN1NG/0F/71M3, I use color #322F31 for my posts. If it's a link, I use #1AA0D8.
CLICK THIS LINK TO INSTANTLY CRASH THE SERVERS
Alexa, play Space Invaders.
As of November 7th, 2019, I have my computer back.
I'm awake from 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM CST (12:00 PM to 12:30 AM EST). Please be more active during that time.
I've moved to -THENEXT_LEVEL-.
Dragon_Warrior_Po
Scratcher
13 posts

Your Favorite Films

Woah, woah, hard choice. :3

Well, my first favourite is obvious (to my account XD). (I'll do them in order of how I like them )

1) Kung Fu Panda 2 - All I can say is that this film is absolutely EPIC. The animating, cast, effects, setting, plot… everything is amazing about it. It also has the ingredients of a good film, with happiness, love, victory, action, humour, sadness, revenge, etc. I also love the suspense at the end, and the cast are super cool! My favourite character would be Tigress, and my second favourite is Po. If there's any movie that exists, this is definitely the one I would recommend.

(I would also really like the first movie in the film series, Kung Fu Panda, if it weren't for the fact that the battle with Tai Lung were too short…)

2) Tintin and the Secret of the Unicorn (Movie) - Awesome! The plot and cast were definitely epic. I loved the action in this film, especially. Tintin and Captain Haddock are my faves from the cast (I've also read the comics ).

3) Spirited Away - This movie is really worth the watch! The mythical creatures and fantasy world was fantastic! The plot was also really well thought of too. Chihiro would be my favourite character.

4) Lion King - I thought this film was pretty cool. :3 I really loved the cast plot in this one, how Simba had to avenge his father and take his position as the lion king. This also had the contents of a good movie. My favourite characters from this cast would be Simba and Nala.

5) Madagascar - I'll describe this film in 3 words - Funny, Adventurous and Awesome. I love the plot and humour the best in this movie.

I also like Despicable Me, and Aladdin would be one of my faves if it weren't for all the singing. XD

*Edit!* I meant Lion King, not Lion King 3. I think Lion King 3 was from Timon and Pumbaa's perspective or something. XD Lion King 3 is still an awesome film though.

Last edited by Dragon_Warrior_Po (Jan. 24, 2015 17:13:55)

Kung Fu Panda 3 is now playing in cinemas in the US/China!
Po VS Mei Mei –> click here! :3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out awesome KFP related animations, games and fan art by me on my profile!
Don't forget to follow for more awesomeness too! ^^
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Your Favorite Films

Dragon_Warrior_Po wrote:

Woah, woah, hard choice. :3

2) Tintin and the Secret of the Unicorn (Movie) - Awesome! The plot and cast were definitely epic. I loved the action in this film, especially. Tintin and Captain Haddock are my faves from the cast (I've also read the comics ).

3) Spirited Away - This movie is really worth the watch! The mythical creatures and fantasy world was fantastic! The plot was also really well thought of too. Chihiro would be my favourite character.
I enjoy the Tintin comics and I enjoyed the movie as well. I also watched Spirited Away one time. (It's one out of only three Studio Ghibli films I've seen.)
I've also watched the other movies you've listed.