Discuss Scratch

JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Search up Kendrickwalksdrakehere park on Google maps

I believe in me. Just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don't?
-Ye
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

I have a question, mainly for anybody that these this ofc. Does anyone think that rap/hip hop sounds the same or similar to anyone? Because I listen to a lot of rap and over time I just noticed the music just sounds almost the same idk I could be tripping but it just gets boring overtime
Yes, absolutely

Alright cause I thought I was the only one
you gotta spice up what you listen to, usually every week I try to listen to at least 1-3 albums that I've never listened to before, it can be from any genre. When I'm not feeling rap, I go to something close, like R+B Pop, and I'll just put myself on some Frank Ocean, SZA, and Daniel Caesar. When I don't want to listen to anything like that, I'll go to something like Alternative Rock and put on some Tame Impala or maybe even some Cream. I like to spice things up a lot and vary the content in my playlists. Rap doesn't sound anything the same if you listen to a variety of different sounds and subgenres. But if you stick to the same things and aren't willing to branch out, it will get bland.
Yeah but all the popular stuff is exactly the same
That's exactly what I'm saying, you have to branch out and actually put the effort in to listen to stuff you wouldn't have initially thought to listen to. Going on Spotify and clicking RapCaviar every day or taking recommendations from the same two friends isn't going to get you a lot of variety.

“Nothing in life is promised except death. Know your worth!” - The Old Kanye
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Kendrick has been quiet…too quiet

“Even if we were to become separated..Let's both think of each other”

XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
75 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

I have a question, mainly for anybody that these this ofc. Does anyone think that rap/hip hop sounds the same or similar to anyone? Because I listen to a lot of rap and over time I just noticed the music just sounds almost the same idk I could be tripping but it just gets boring overtime
Yes, absolutely

you gotta spice up what you listen to, usually every week I try to listen to at least 1-3 albums that I've never listened to before, it can be from any genre. When I'm not feeling rap, I go to something close, like R+B Pop, and I'll just put myself on some Frank Ocean, SZA, and Daniel Caesar. When I don't want to listen to anything like that, I'll go to something like Alternative Rock and put on some Tame Impala or maybe even some Cream. I like to spice things up a lot and vary the content in my playlists. Rap doesn't sound anything the same if you listen to a variety of different sounds and subgenres. But if you stick to the same things and aren't willing to branch out, it will get bland.
That's exactly what I'm saying, you have to branch out and actually put the effort in to listen to stuff you wouldn't have initially thought to listen to. Going on Spotify and clicking RapCaviar every day or taking recommendations from the same two friends isn't going to get you a lot of variety.

you're right I see why some people started listening to different genres instead of just hip hop. Not saying I listen to just hip hop lol I dont. I think hip hop can get kind of draining and old if you listen to the same thing tho

Heyy it's Malia I like video games, anime, and music. My Playstation username- Malia_thequeen77
I play alot of games like GTAV, Zelda TOTK, Fallout 4, Call of duty, Fortnite, Roblox. I play games like first/third person shooter, RPG, Open world, etc
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

you're right I see why some people started listening to different genres instead of just hip hop. Not saying I listen to just hip hop lol I dont. I think hip hop can get kind of draining and old if you listen to the same thing tho
I went 6 months listening to only Eminem. I’m broken. I’m switching back to 90’s music for a bit. Also, Kanye. Kinda. New to rap

Last edited by mandofan2 (May 10, 2024 14:38:58)

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
75 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

I went 6 months listening to only Eminem. I’m broken. I’m switching back to 90’s music for a bit. Also, Kanye. Kinda. New to rap

90's music is good

Heyy it's Malia I like video games, anime, and music. My Playstation username- Malia_thequeen77
I play alot of games like GTAV, Zelda TOTK, Fallout 4, Call of duty, Fortnite, Roblox. I play games like first/third person shooter, RPG, Open world, etc
sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
Already listen to green day to much too. Gotta find something new

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-
JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
Igor, The melodic blue, and to pip a butterfly

I believe in me. Just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don't?
-Ye
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
Eh, Butterfly kinda blended together for me

“hi!”
- Me
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
Ohhhhh, Igor. I’ll try it

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Igor is a masterpiece in album based storytelling and an unbelievable triumph for the rap community, the LGBTQ+ community, the human race…
Honestly if any hiphop album other than D*MN was gonna win the Pulitzer… Well, it'd be to Pi*p a Butterfly. But other than those two, Igor eaaasy. I thought it was good the first time I heard it. It just gets better.
PMU_Official
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
oh, yeah Igor is great, I highly reccomend it. Flower Boy too.

“Everybody wants change, don't anybody wanna change though”
-NF

JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

PMU_Official wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
oh, yeah Igor is great, I highly reccomend it. Flower Boy too.
Tyler The Creator deserves more recognition.

-Ye
BananaBarb
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Has anyone here heard Megan Thee Stallion’s new song BOA yet? it’s pretty good but the music video is amazing, it has references to so many video games like space channel 5, crash bandicoot, dance dance revolution, street fighter, tekken, mortal kombat and A LOT more. Heck she even cosplays Boa from one piece in both the music video and the cover for the song!

Last edited by BananaBarb (May 11, 2024 06:01:42)

I am the star of any room that I stand in, I am the stand out you’re just my stand in” ~ Nicki Minaj
Stream Pink Friday 2 on 12.8.23
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
what does that even mean

“Nothing in life is promised except death. Know your worth!” - The Old Kanye
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

JACKBOYS12 wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

g r e e n d a y
what does that even mean
It means a lot of the songs felt a bit too similar for me, and it didn’t really stick out. For me, at least.

“hi!”
- Me
JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Drake's Security Takes Down Third Alleged Trespasser at Toronto Home

Drake is selling his Beverly Hills house and leaving america

-Ye
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
75 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

BananaBarb wrote:

Has anyone here heard Megan Thee Stallion’s new song BOA yet? it’s pretty good but the music video is amazing, it has references to so many video games like space channel 5, crash bandicoot, dance dance revolution, street fighter, tekken, mortal kombat and A LOT more. Heck she even cosplays Boa from one piece in both the music video and the cover for the song!

oh that's nice imma have to see it

320054bh38
New to Scratch
1 post

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

BRO WE NEED BIG DOG BY LIL MABU AND LIL RT