Discuss Scratch

Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Wait, sorry, phrased that confusingly. This is why I need commas

I don't know why everyone thinks that {it was mid}, I thought it was great.
oh. For me it just felt kind of like an interlude, it had a cool a beat but it felt like an incomplete song. Honestly, this is where he could've placed Kanye or Don Toliver.

“Nothing in life is promised except death. Know your worth!” - The Old Kanye
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

oh. For me it just felt kind of like an interlude, it had a cool a beat but it felt like an incomplete song. Honestly, this is where he could've placed Kanye or Don Toliver.
I agree it felt incomplete and needed something extra, but the beat just captivated me, I could listen to it for hours.

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

I agree it felt incomplete and needed something extra, but the beat just captivated me, I could listen to it for hours.
It is very replayable for its beat, I will agree, but in terms of substance and trying to get something out of it in an album listen, it is very weak.

The three worst songs on UTOPIA by TRAVIS SCOTT:

1. K-POP
2. TWIN TOPIAS
3. GOD'S COUNTRY

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

It is very replayable for its beat, I will agree, but in terms of substance and trying to get something out of it in an album listen, it is very weak.

1. K-POP
2. TWIN TOPIAS
3. GOD'S COUNTRY
Same, except I would do TWIN TOPIAS 1, K-POP 2, and 3 I'd switch for something else.

R u gonna do the album review thing that u did with ATSV with Utopia as well? That would be sick

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

1. K-POP
2. TWIN TOPIAS
3. GOD'S COUNTRY
Same, except I would do TWIN TOPIAS 1, K-POP 2, and 3 I'd switch for something else.

R u gonna do the album review thing that u did with ATSV with Utopia as well? That would be sick
Yeah, i'm trying to get consistent with that again, I'll be doing older albums as well.

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

I finally listened to “The Forever Story”, and being completely honest, I think it’s one of the 7 best albums I’ve ever heard. How didn’t it even get NOMINATED for the Grammy? 2022 album OTY for sure, without any string of doubt.

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
AwesomeUser23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

I finally listened to “The Forever Story”, and being completely honest, I think it’s one of the 7 best albums I’ve ever heard. How didn’t it even get NOMINATED for the Grammy? 2022 album OTY for sure, without any string of doubt.
HOW CAN YOU EVEN POST THAT AT A TIME LIKE THIS. DROP EVERYTHING AND READ MARVEL LEGENDS #3

Hi there! I’m a Marvel and DC fan who loves creating comics in the AMU, my own Marvel comic universe! Some of my other hobbies include eating pizza, obsessing over corgis, and listening to music!
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

New favorite album for sure. JID is so much better than so many rappers called the best. And I say this all with zero recency bias, I’ve always been one to find the 90s albums the best. But TFS is easy top 10 material idec.

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

New favorite album for sure. JID is so much better than so many rappers called the best. And I say this all with zero recency bias, I’ve always been one to find the 90s albums the best. But TFS is easy top 10 material idec.
Just non-stop amazing rapping. The artist performance, the lyricism, the voice, the storytelling, everything is perfect. The first 10/10 I’ve listened to in a while.

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
waterwater234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

anyone else here fans of Tyler?

Im the creator of the WMCU (Water Marvel Comic Universe)
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

waterwater234 wrote:

One of my favorite artists, I adore him.

waterwater234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

favorite album?

Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

waterwater234 wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

favorite album?
Flower Boy, overall Igor and CMIYGL are better quality albums, but Flower Boy just hits the hardest for me and I enjoy the production and features best.

metalgearceline
Scratcher
45 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

ight, anyone a fan of JPEGMAFIA lmao.
dudes like my hero fr

yeah.
Monsoon_Man
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

metalgearceline wrote:

dudes like my hero fr
Not much of a fan but his most recent album with Danny Brown was excellent.

metalgearceline
Scratcher
45 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

metalgearceline wrote:

dudes like my hero fr
Not much of a fan but his most recent album with Danny Brown was excellent.
definitely. gonna go down in history as one of the best hiphop collab albums ever (Madvillainy is better before u start sayin somethin)

yeah.
metalgearceline
Scratcher
45 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

so i use last.fm and it tracks all of your listens on spotify and stuff lol. on it i just hit 1000 listens on JPEGMAFIA, the closest being Death Grips only being around 720 lol. very cool. i own death grips merch but no peggy merch. tragedy.

yeah.
waterwater234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

favorite album?
Flower Boy, overall Igor and CMIYGL are better quality albums, but Flower Boy just hits the hardest for me and I enjoy the production and features best.
Personally I think Igor just cant be beat but flower boy is pretty good

metalgearceline
Scratcher
45 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

waterwater234 wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

Monsoon_Man wrote:

waterwater234 wrote:

favorite album?
Personally I think Igor just cant be beat but flower boy is pretty good
personally Igor is def tylers best, but HOT TAKE CMIYGL is better then Flower Boy.
it feels like tylers victory lap in music form and he deserves it fs

yeah.
Yoshkid0909
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

waterwater234 wrote:

Who isn't?

Crunchyroll should never be allowed to host Miku Expo ever again.