Discuss Scratch

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

-removed-

Last edited by IfIWereARichMan (May 8, 2024 20:16:48)

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Okay that's that
I won't continue to fight cause I don't want this forum closed
If anybody wants to continue, though, you can comment on my profile
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

“This looks like a time for me
So everyone just follow me
Cause we need a little
Contraversy”
(snip)
you didn't even get the lyric right, but okay. If you've listened to the song once, and that's all you toke away, then it seems like you just listened to the song just to pick it apart, and nothing else

Last edited by mandofan2 (May 8, 2024 19:50:48)

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-
IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

-removed-

Last edited by IfIWereARichMan (May 8, 2024 20:17:05)

mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

Cause we need a little
Contraversy”
(snip)
you didn't even get the lyric right, but okay. If you've listened to the song once, and that's all you toke away, then it seems like you just listened to the song just to pick it apart, and nothing else
also, those are slim shady songs, so they won't have amazing rhyming or anything. try The Eminem Show and The Marshall Mathers LP 1&2

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

Cause we need a little
Contraversy”
(snip)
Okay so clearly you've missed my point because the entire idea is that the chorus is poorly set
And no there are other awful lyrics in that song
“Make black music so selfishly
And use it to make myself wealthy”
Listen I don't like fighting but for some reason you seem to be attacking me instead of my points
If you have any reason that these lyrics are excusable, I would love to hear it instead of hearing reasons my typing is annoying or my memory of the intricacies of the lyrics of a song (and more specifically the irrelevant parts of the lyrics) leaves something to be desired
This is really the last I'll say on here, I'm sorry for being upset

Edit: As I said before, I had a serious Eminem phase. I don't listen to music just to pick it apart. But, as a very classical music minded person, I find myself hearing things wrong with music. If it's obvious and identifiable, I will immediately notice it.
whats bad about that lyric??? I really don't get your problem. It rhymes

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

-removed-

Last edited by IfIWereARichMan (May 8, 2024 20:17:26)

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

-removed-

Last edited by IfIWereARichMan (May 8, 2024 20:17:41)

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

It occurs to me that most people on this forum probably don't know what in the world I'm talking about so I'm probably just making people upset
mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

It occurs to me that most people on this forum probably don't know what in the world I'm talking about so I'm probably just making people upset
no, its fine. no ones mad at you or anything. we argue a lot.

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

Oh that makes sense. I wasn't certain. I just think about lyrics differently because I'm a classical singer. I've heard a lot of people say “Music is noise that gos in my ears and makes me feel good.” I think that maybe my understanding of music is drastically different from most people's.
sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

if i could pin posts in forums then i would pin this one lol

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

Oh that makes sense. I wasn't certain. I just think about lyrics differently because I'm a classical singer. I've heard a lot of people say “Music is noise that gos in my ears and makes me feel good.” I think that maybe my understanding of music is drastically different from most people's.
I mean, its obviously a different point of view, but looking at music through a critical perspective can dull out your overall liking of something. I like Without Me because its catchy and tbh the rhyming imo is pretty good. also, old dre beats. I just enjoy the song.

IfIWereARichMan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

mandofan2 wrote:

-snip-
I mean, its obviously a different point of view, but looking at music through a critical perspective can dull out your overall liking of something. I like Without Me because its catchy and tbh the rhyming imo is pretty good. also, old dre beats. I just enjoy the song.
I think maybe my problem is that I cannot possibly see a rhyme as “pretty good imo.” I can see a rhyme as either “consise and metrically well set with identical sounds to aid in listener clarity” or “bad”. I don't view music from a critical lens at all, it just happens that I notice things that are bad a lot. It's not necessarily always in things I don't like, I think that sometimes brilliant poetry or lyricism (two very different things), instrumentation, vocal performances, or musical composition can excuse somewhat poorly set lyrics. Even some opera has poorly set lyrics. I think what's annoying about rap songs using poorly set or poorly rhymed lyrics is that the songs are mostly the lyrics, since there's usually no melody or a very simple melody. A lot of people would argue the beats are equally important, but it's rare that I'm impressed or interested in a hiphop beat, because those are almost all musically unambitious and really straightforward. I feel like I'd always rather be challenged and rewarded by music, and maybe that comes from my perspective as a singer, but most rap, and some modern pop, don't supply that. Now Kendrick Lamar is a brilliant, brilliant poet. Him I like.
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
73 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

IfIWereARichMan wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

-snip-
I think maybe my problem is that I cannot possibly see a rhyme as “pretty good imo.” I can see a rhyme as either “consise and metrically well set with identical sounds to aid in listener clarity” or “bad”. I don't view music from a critical lens at all, it just happens that I notice things that are bad a lot. It's not necessarily always in things I don't like, I think that sometimes brilliant poetry or lyricism (two very different things), instrumentation, vocal performances, or musical composition can excuse somewhat poorly set lyrics. Even some opera has poorly set lyrics. I think what's annoying about rap songs using poorly set or poorly rhymed lyrics is that the songs are mostly the lyrics, since there's usually no melody or a very simple melody. A lot of people would argue the beats are equally important, but it's rare that I'm impressed or interested in a hiphop beat, because those are almost all musically unambitious and really straightforward. I feel like I'd always rather be challenged and rewarded by music, and maybe that comes from my perspective as a singer, but most rap, and some modern pop, don't supply that. Now Kendrick Lamar is a brilliant, brilliant poet. Him I like.

Now that you say it…dang idk that got me thinking

Last edited by XXAnimelover4lXX (May 9, 2024 11:56:57)

Heyy it's Malia I like video games, anime, and music. My Playstation username- Malia_thequeen77
I play alot of games like GTAV, Zelda TOTK, Fallout 4, Call of duty, Fortnite, Roblox. I play games like first/third person shooter, RPG, Open world, etc
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
73 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

I have a question, mainly for anybody that these this ofc. Does anyone think that rap/hip hop sounds the same or similar to anyone? Because I listen to a lot of rap and over time I just noticed the music just sounds almost the same idk I could be tripping but it just gets boring overtime

Heyy it's Malia I like video games, anime, and music. My Playstation username- Malia_thequeen77
I play alot of games like GTAV, Zelda TOTK, Fallout 4, Call of duty, Fortnite, Roblox. I play games like first/third person shooter, RPG, Open world, etc
JACKBOYS12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake Beef Crashed the Genius Website

I believe in me. Just believe in you. Let me do me. You like it? Cool. You don't?
-Ye
XBloodwrathX2
Scratcher
7 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

I have a question, mainly for anybody that these this ofc. Does anyone think that rap/hip hop sounds the same or similar to anyone? Because I listen to a lot of rap and over time I just noticed the music just sounds almost the same idk I could be tripping but it just gets boring overtime

yea I been noticing that too but I assume it depends on you you're listening to
AU-Ratcatcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

“hi!”
- Me
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
73 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

XXAnimelover4lXX wrote:

Yes, absolutely

Alright cause I thought I was the only one