Discuss Scratch

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Piper_Camps wrote:

alssooo- i just posted the word wars project <3 https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/918761711/
Alright, I added it to the main cabin!

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

no worries, piper! YAAAAY WORD WARSSSS

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

I'll be posting the mb cover contest now!

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

YAAAY working on the descs and weekly rn- the weekly might be an hour or two late since i have speech until like about 6:30 tommorrow (12:30 am utc) but im hoping not? it all depends on how late speech goes. this weekly is pretty easy though so people can spare a few hours i think

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Alright, that's fine!

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

hi besties what do we think about this https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/945027446/#comments-378452431

Since the daily doesn't count for points, I would say it could count towards the monthly ^^

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

thanks jean!

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

hi again my lovely hostie besties :)
first: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JEAN!! its not the 16 in my timezone yet, but i think it is in yours? wether or not, HAPPY BIRTHDAY now everyone say it to jean >:((((
second: what do we think about a JWC summer camp? okay hear me out: JUNE writing (boot) camp. itll be like a 2 week writing boot camp where campers can make their own story. like, all dailies will connect and make one story, etc. alrighty thats it lmk what you think byebye i gotta add 4 days worth of points #procrasination B)

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Ahhh HBDD JEANNNN AND I BELIEVE IT'S UR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW WOW GOSH

That sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it should be a completely different camp, or relate to JWC ^^

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

Ahhh HBDD JEANNNN AND I BELIEVE IT'S UR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW WOW GOSH
THANKS, EM :DD

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

That sounds interesting, but I'm not sure if it should be a completely different camp, or relate to JWC ^^
you know what thats completely right :0 time to make a new camp!! /j

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

iinspirqtion wrote:

If we were able to somehow make it connected to JWC tho-

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

Eeveedonut wrote:

iinspirqtion wrote:

yeah but like how? maybe we (with perms ofc) make writing fights a week long event? idrk but i feel like we need to do smth to make hype for jwc happen so more people will apply for leadership, and just join in general, if that makes sense?

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

also, here are dailies 18-28! <3
18- Think about all the toys you've had as a little kid, or now! Think about the plushies sitting on your shelf - because today you'll be writing 300 words on what happens when you're gone and away from your toys! If you've never played with your toys before or never named them, make up a fun story about toys coming to life! Whether your cat stuffed animal will come to life and attack the rest of them or robots starting a war - finish this daily for a total of 200 points and 100 more if you share them!
19- How has the session been for you so far? Hopefully good! We're just about halfway through (sobbing), so let’s take a moment to reminisce on past dailies. Go here ( https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/733227/?page=1#post-7730057 ) and choose a past daily to redo! But, you can only use the prompt, not the word count or point count (I see you, you point hungry goblins :eyes. For this daily, you have to write 400 words using a past daily and this is worth 500 points- 600 if you share proof!! (there you go, point hungry goblins <3)
20- Go to one of your leaders’ profiles and take the first sentence of their ‘About Me’. Now, write a story using that first sentence as a prompt! Your story must be at least 300 words in order to earn your cabin 350 points (450 if you share proof ;D).
21- ♪ Do you remember… the 21st night of… January? ♪ Today, you’re gonna go here ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/952384449/ ) and draw a random date. Now, go here ( https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history ) and set the date to the day you drew (if you need help, go here! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/952385578/ ). Choose one of the events (scroll down for all of them), and write a 250 word Hi-Fi piece about that event! Worth 350 points, 450 with proof ;)
22- For today’s daily, we have a JWC tradition- Writing Fights! Today is day 1 of Writing Fights. Please go to this project ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/945027957/ ) for more information and make sure you read the whole description! Have fun!! (note: no extra points for sharing proof during Writing Fight)
23- Once again for today’s daily, we have a JWC tradition- Writing Fights! Today is day 2 of Writing Fights. Please go to this project ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/945027957/ ) for more information and make sure you read the whole description! Have fun!! (note: no extra points for sharing proof during Writing Fight)
24- Today is the final day of Writing Fights! It’s day 3. Please go to this project ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/945027957/ ) for more information and make sure you read the whole description! Have fun!! (note: no extra points for sharing proof during Writing Fight)
25- Go say hi to someone you’ve never talked to before, and who’s in a different cabin than you. Go on! Now, ask them some questions about themself. Name, pronouns, favorite color/food/etc. Using what you’ve just learned about your partner (who hopefully will be your best friend forever and ever), write a 350 word story about them! This is worth 450 points- 550 if you share proof :0
26- Choose a song, any song. Now, decipher what it means. What do the metaphors the artist use mean, the lyrics, words, the rhythm? Write a 250 word story using what you think the artist means as a prompt. 300 points, 400 with proof ;)
27- Today is the last Cabin Wars of the session! Please go back to this project ( https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/945027957/ ) and read everything before beginning- good luck, go to sleep at a good time, and may the best cabin win!
28- Phew! Good job with the final cabin wars, everyone! Write a poem about a daily task, maybe a mundane one, maybe one that you look forward to everyday, but write a poem about how it makes you feel, what it looks like, what it sounds like. Your poem must be at least 30 words, and is worth 75 points; 175 if you share proof.

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

iinspirqtion wrote:

Eeveedonut wrote:

iinspirqtion wrote:

yeah but like how? maybe we (with perms ofc) make writing fights a week long event? idrk but i feel like we need to do smth to make hype for jwc happen so more people will apply for leadership, and just join in general, if that makes sense?
Maybe, that sounds nice! We can also try to incorporate new ideas too, maybe add some stuff to make it more fresh and new. Maybe something that would require updates so we won't have to keep coming up with new ideas?

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

We should also work on the writing comp <3 should I just post the writing comp project as soon as possible (I'll have to work on it haven't started) and we have to work on getting judges!

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

^^ I'll be posting the writing comp project now so people can start writing!

Piper_Camps
Scratcher
500+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

sounds great em! <33

Piper ➸ She/Her ➸ Avid Reader/Writer ➸ Theatre Kid ➸ Ravenclaw

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Shared the JWC judge interest project Your text to link here…