Discuss Scratch

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Hey heyyy! We're a bit over halfway now :eyes:

I'm not exactly sure where we should start, but I say these are our top priorities right now:
  • Theme for this session (ex. last session's was gems)
  • Cabins for this session (amount, names, genres)
  • Leader apps (questions, who's releasing them, when they close, etc)
and that's all I have right now

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

Hey heyyy! We're a bit over halfway now :eyes:

I'm not exactly sure where we should start, but I say these are our top priorities right now:
  • Theme for this session (ex. last session's was gems)
  • Cabins for this session (amount, names, genres)
  • Leader apps (questions, who's releasing them, when they close, etc)
and that's all I have right now

That looks like a good place to start! If you guys wanna hear my ideas, here are some:
  • For theme, I was thinking maybe the phases of the moon? weather? ..I also liked Em's idea for glow-in-the-dark/neon!

• I'd suggest these types: Mage Cabin (fantasy) | Spy Cabin (adventure or dystopian) | Barista Cabin (contemporary) | Monarch Cabin (hi-fi) | Fugitive Cabin (thriller) | Aviator Cabin (steampunk)

• Last session, the leader applications were posted on October 1st and closed on October 28th. The results were given on October 31st with a list of suggested co-leaders. These were the questions last session:

- Tell us about yourself
    - which cabin would you like to lead?
    - How active will you be and do you have any prior plans in January that might affect your activity level?
    - How will you make your campers' experience special?
    - Do you have any prior experience?
    - What genres do you like to write?
    - What are some traits that you have that would make you a good (co)leader?
    - Do you understand the expectations of (co)leading?
    - Why do you want to (co)lead?
    - How would you deal with drama or a camper misbehaving?
    - Check these that apply - I will be active at least 5 times a week. I will notify the hosts if something comes up. I will be responsible and do my best to (co)lead. I will add words in a timely manner and report suspicious word counts to the hosts & (optional) I will make a promotional project on my main account

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

school4girlhd wrote:

That looks like a good place to start! If you guys wanna hear my ideas, here are some:
For theme, I was thinking maybe the phases of the moon? weather? ..I also liked Em's idea for glow-in-the-dark/neon!
I love the weather idea- there are so many directions we could go with that, and phases of the moon can also be considered weather maybe? XD

school4girlhd wrote:

I'd suggest these types: Mage Cabin (fantasy) | Spy Cabin (adventure or dystopian) | Barista Cabin (contemporary) | Monarch Cabin (hi-fi) | Fugitive Cabin (thriller) | Aviator Cabin (steampunk)
I love those :0 I'd like to suggest these: Hero Cabin (action) | Clown Cabin (comedy) | Pop Star Cabin (lyric/poetry)

school4girlhd wrote:

Last session, the leader applications were posted on October 1st and closed on October 28th. The results were given on October 31st with a list of suggested co-leaders. These were the questions last session:
snip
Here are my thoughts on these:
- Tell us about yourself (keep)
- which cabin would you like to lead? (keep, and also have applicants give examples of what the plot of their cabin might be)
- How active will you be and do you have any prior plans in January that might affect your activity level? (keep)
- How will you make your campers' experience special? (keep)
- Do you have any prior experience? (keep)
- What genres do you like to write? (change, maybe say what genres do you have expiricne writing in)
- What are some traits that you have that would make you a good (co)leader? (keep)
- Do you understand the expectations of (co)leading? (keep, and add what are they)
- Why do you want to (co)lead? (keep)
- How would you deal with drama or a camper misbehaving? (I think throw)
- Check these that apply - I will be active at least 5 times a week. I will notify the hosts if something comes up. I will be responsible and do my best to (co)lead. I will add words in a timely manner and report suspicious word counts to the hosts & (optional) I will make a promotional project on my main account (keep)

That's what I have, I'll start on a general timeline of when things should get done

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

General Timeline :)
  • confirm theme and cabins (by Sept 1/2/3)
  • start on leader apps (by Sept 3/4/5)
  • decide on who's releasing what and who's doing writing comp and mbc (who will do leader apps, camper sign-ups, leader hangout, MC studio desc, leader forum post, MB & Writing Comp committees, etc -Jean) (by Sept 7/8/9/10)
  • finish work on leader apps (by Sept 25/26)
  • release leader apps (on October 1)
  • close leader apps (by October 27/28)
  • choose leaders, compile co-leader list, make leader forum, decide if any of us are (co)leading (by October 30/31)
  • announce leaders (by October 31/November 1/2)
  • make leader hangout(?) (by September 5/6/7)

that's what I think am I missing anything?
edit: I found the list from last session after looking back through this forum https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/596309/?page=10#post-6653851

Last edited by Eeveedonut (Aug. 30, 2023 01:47:20)

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

General Timeline :)
snip
that's what I think am I missing anything?

That's a good start for the timeline! A leader hangout isn't necessary, but I do think it was fun since we gave so much time for the leaders to plan that they actually had time to hang out and get-to-know each other before the session started :D

You could add a date to decide when jobs will be chosen (who will do leader apps, camper sign-ups, leader hangout, MC studio desc, leader forum post, MB & Writing Comp committees, etc)

Also, if you want to decide on theme and cabins, I think voting would be best (I wouldn't vote though because I'm a gHost xD)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

school4girlhd wrote:

That's a good start for the timeline! A leader hangout isn't necessary, but I do think it was fun since we gave so much time for the leaders to plan that they actually had time to hang out and get-to-know each other before the session started :D
ohhh okay! I would like to see another one made if Piper and Em agree

school4girlhd wrote:

You could add a date to decide when jobs will be chosen (who will do leader apps, camper sign-ups, leader hangout, MC studio desc, leader forum post, MB & Writing Comp committees, etc)
I think I have that down “decide on who's releasing what and who's doing writing comp and mbc (by Sept 7/8/9/10)”? but I'm gonna add onto it with what you said

school4girlhd wrote:

Also, if you want to decide on theme and cabins, I think voting would be best (I wouldn't vote though because I'm a gHost xD)
Ohhhh yes true!

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

Notifications
JWC 2024 Camper Signups
@Yellow_Owlet
@school4girlsad would like to be notified for camper sign ups

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Eeveedonut wrote:

iinspirqtion wrote:

Notifications
JWC 2024 Camper Signups
@Yellow_Owlet
@school4girlsad would like to be notified for camper sign ups
@Cobalt_Titan would like to be notified as well

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

Notifications

JWC 2024 Leader Apps
@username
@koolkatz38 would like to be notifed for leader apps

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Awesome! So, new list…

Notifications

JWC 2024 Camper Signups

- @Yellow_Owlet
- @school4girlsad
- @Cobalt_Titan

JWC 2024 Leader Apps

- @sophcamps
- @koolkatz38
- @jalapeno9

Last edited by school4girlhd (Sept. 14, 2023 04:09:07)

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

school4girlhd wrote:

Awesome! So, new list…

Notifications

JWC 2024 Camper Signups

- @Yellow_Owlet
- @school4girlsad
- @Cobalt_Titan

JWC 2024 Leader Apps

- @sophcamps
- @koolkatz38

@jalapeno9 for leader apsp!

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

I could do camper sign-ups and the mb committee! Does anyone have the past links for that?

I would love to have a leader hangout too!

For the theme, I was thinking maybe masquerade or rainforest.

Last edited by iinspirqtion (Sept. 15, 2023 12:10:15)

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

iinspirqtion wrote:

I could do camper sign-ups and the mb committee! Does anyone have the past links for that?

I would love to have a leader hangout too!

For the theme, I was thinking maybe masquerade or rainforest.

Heyy, Em! Good to see you :D

Here ya go! MB Committee | Camper Sign-Ups

Also, just a note that I think it's easiest if whoever makes the camper sign ups also sorts the campers so you can mark their info down in a document as you go for sorting later. That's what I did at least <3

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Great! If no one's doing the leader sign ups, then I can do them, as we don't really have much time.

Does anyone have other ideas on our theme?

Last edited by iinspirqtion (Sept. 16, 2023 18:21:55)

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

I think we should vote for themes right now, so I can get started with everything. I think space and nature are the best in my opinion.

Eeveedonut
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

same- i especially like the nature theme so thats my vote!

Dawn_Camps
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

Personally I vote masquerade, with nature being second :D

school4girlhd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

If you're doing nature, do you want a specific aspect such as flowers, oceans, etc?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

In my opinion, I think flowers would be best

iinspirqtion
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JWC 2024 (Co)Host Forum

ping!