Discuss Scratch

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

almost done with the home icon

Listen to my music here and also

Pickles
cs2722201
Scratcher
100+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

One month ago was the last message. This is becoming inactive.

Last edited by cs2722201 (Jan. 31, 2024 13:30:11)

Highlight this then hold shift + hold the down key to see my full signature
My new game!
DODGE A STRATEGY GAME
I own cs27222201's super shop!
⚡▶️cs2722201's Super Shop™◀️⚡You order, We deliver™⚡|▶ACCEPTING ORDERS NOW!!!◀ | ↪NEED STAFF HIRING↩⚡Super fast 24/7 service⚡–CURRENTLY CLOSED–

Hobbies:
Coding
Soccer
Reading

Trying to get better at bbcode
when green flag clicked
when someone says[hi]to me
say [hi] back

This is my pet axolotl. He stops evil Kumquats from eating my signature.
^-^

when green flag clicked
forever
if <<(pancake mix) > [1 cup]> and <(milk) > [1 cup]>> then
make pancakes
put pancakes in a plate
eat pancakes
else
add [pancake mix] to [shopping list]
add [milk] to [shopping list]
end
end

Special Posts
September 22 2022: 1st post!
October 2 2022: 10th post!
October 7 2022: 25th post!
October 17 2022: 50th post!
October 26 2022: 75th post!!!
November 10 2022: 100TH POST WOO HOO
Check out my games!
CRAZYTVSTU
Scratcher
100+ posts

i agree
i've been working on a separate game, sorry abt being absent from this topic

-CrazyTVStu, Also Known As ReBitKe, Chiptune Musician

JESUS LOVES YOU
DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm idea

Pickles
Piggygirl3838
Scratcher
100+ posts

I agree this topic is kind of inactive.

My excuse for being too lazy to make a signature: it was the evil kumquats, we must all hide!
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am just waiting for someone to take on a task…

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
Vortex1299
Scratcher
100+ posts

1 year… i have been apart of this for over 1 year, and as i prepare to go for a long time i have had no regrets, i will still be apart of this but i will not be on for a long time
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vortex1299 wrote:

1 year… i have been apart of this for over 1 year, and as i prepare to go for a long time i have had no regrets, i will still be apart of this but i will not be on for a long time
Wow that's true, we have one year!

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

That's true. I'm sorry for struggling so much to stay active myself. I have a lot of homework from my studies so even if I remember about this project, I don't know when to come back to it.
I have one vacations week now, so maybe we can check where we left the project at?

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Feb. 16, 2024 16:03:14)

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

question i forgot to ask a long time ago will their be enemy ai

Pickles
Bestdragon234
Scratcher
100+ posts

i joined bc of the awesomeness

I CAN TURN AN EVIL KUMQUAT INTO DUST WHICH DISAPPEARS IN UNDER 1 YOCTOSECOND, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE MY LIGHTNING EYES POWER AND MY ATOM DESTROYER!! and also that fire breathing power of course
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

Vortex1299 wrote:

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

That's true. I'm sorry for struggling so much to stay active myself. I have a lot of homework from my studies so even if I remember about this project, I don't know when to come back to it.
I have one vacations week now, so maybe we can check where we left the project at?
You know what… I'm just gonna take initiative and do a task. I was hoping someone else would do one but…

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

question i forgot to ask a long time ago will their be enemy ai
It might happen :0

Bestdragon234 wrote:

i joined bc of the awesomeness
Yesssss :fire:

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

Vortex1299 wrote:

Piggygirl3838 wrote:

You know what… I'm just gonna take initiative and do a task. I was hoping someone else would do one but…
Alright that's great!

Also let's see where we're at.

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

Wow everyone posted.

lolrenz12 wrote:

General Coding Tasks
GC main coordinator @maxcrocky is offline at this moment, so substitute coordinator @-cloudcoding- will be doling out the following tasks.
(Sorry for taking so long.)

TASK A:
On the most advanced project, in order:
1. Add two planets. Place one near the station, and another farther. Make them show correctly on the map. (@rap1412 had already made this on an older version, so maybe just reuse the code.) Remember to Keep code organised and clean. Use comments where needed.
2. Allow docking at planets. Works the same way as the station. When you dock, a menu opens.
3. The planet menu uses a different background, and has the following buttons: TERRAIN, MARKET, HANGAR
4. By introducing @rap1412's terrain generator, make the TERRAIN button open the terrain generator.
5. Make the HANGAR button work too. The hangar works the same way as the station's one, except warehouses are separate. Different places don't share one hangar.
Make sure you leave no bugs or errors at the end of each step.
These steps are to be made in order, except for steps 4 and 5.

TASK B:
On the most advanced project:
1. Make the ships go slower when they are linked by a tractor beam. Attention! There is already a variable that counts how many tractor beams are linked to the ship, and it seems to work good. What we need, is to make this half the max speed of the ship. So you will need to work on the SHIP sprite. Be careful when working here, it's a complicated place.

This is all for the moment.
Here are the tasks for General Coding.
Yo these were last tasks posted. I'll take task B I think I remember how it worked.
EDIT: Ok it's done lol. Max speed is divided by 2 for each tractor beam it's linked to.

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Feb. 20, 2024 10:24:43)

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

Art department Tasks

Coordinator: -hxckerdoge-

These are the tasks for the art department. -hxckerdoge- will assign them and keep track of your work.
Every tasks comes with criteria. Please respect it as long as possible. Flexibility is welcome if relevant!
Task A: Hangar buttons
Make the pixel art for the hangar buttons.
All in the same style. Simple. Same size as in the project. Don't use Scratch's pixel font. Text is not necessary as long as icons are intuitive.
Task B: Speed indicator
Make the pixel art for the flight speed indicator.
Shows at least six levels (including 0 and max). Theme coherent. A little bit smaller than the current one.
Task C: Hyperjump and tractor beam buttons
Make the pixel art for the flight hyperjump and tractor beam buttons.
Theme coherent. Don't include text. Its size should be around the current one.
Task D: Expandable map button
Make the pixel art for the expandable map button.
The items these tasks are based on are in this project.

Note: @squarepoint already has a task! They are working on the terrain generator tiles.
These were the tasks for the Art department. @squarepoint had already taken task B and @DUBXMUSIC was making the map icons (if I'm not mistaken).

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Feb. 20, 2024 10:31:31)

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

Art department Tasks

Coordinator: -hxckerdoge-

These are the tasks for the art department. -hxckerdoge- will assign them and keep track of your work.
Every tasks comes with criteria. Please respect it as long as possible. Flexibility is welcome if relevant!
Task A: Hangar buttons
Make the pixel art for the hangar buttons.
All in the same style. Simple. Same size as in the project. Don't use Scratch's pixel font. Text is not necessary as long as icons are intuitive.
Task B: Speed indicator
Make the pixel art for the flight speed indicator.
Shows at least six levels (including 0 and max). Theme coherent. A little bit smaller than the current one.
Task C: Hyperjump and tractor beam buttons
Make the pixel art for the flight hyperjump and tractor beam buttons.
Task D: Expandable map button
Make the pixel art for the expandable map button.
The items these tasks are based on are in this project.

Note: @squarepoint already has a task! They are working on the terrain generator tiles.
These were the tasks for the Art department. @squarepoint had already taken task B and @DUBXMUSIC was making the map icons (if I'm not mistaken).

i have made some progress with my art tasks the ringed planet is almost done just needs “Texturing” which im not really good at so ill just leave it at base colors

Pickles
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

-snip-

i have made some progress with my art tasks the ringed planet is almost done just needs “Texturing” which im not really good at so ill just leave it at base colors
Alright that's cool

-hxckerdoge-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Im gonna start my 5th activity arc
Piggygirl3838
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do we have a current list of materials in order to build the ship with prices, locations, and descriptions? If not, I can begin to work on that.

Example: Urethium, Cost: $40.00 (US Currency), Purpose: Urethium is the main fuel to keep the lights working, fridges running, and so on.

My excuse for being too lazy to make a signature: it was the evil kumquats, we must all hide!
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here are some PLANETS!!!

-cloudcoding-