Discuss Scratch

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

infintyrussia wrote:

Also about being a crew member of another ship. That is going to be really hard or not possible with scratch. I wanted to do the same with my game but it's quite a bit harder when both players are online at the same time. Blocks can not always be synced so both players could place at the same time. I say we leave that off for now.
Ship crewing will be worked on in a later development part, so don't worry about it for the moment. The mechanic is still to be discussed.

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

Alt accounts: DUBXGAMES and mr-dubs
Department(s) you wish to join: soundtrack
Experience in selected department(s): soundtrack and art
Experience in collaborations (i don't have much experience in collaborations because i have not joined any yet):
Average activity (1 - 10): 6.7
Why do you want to join? : 2 reasons i would like to work on a game where i am not coding by myself its more people working on it. i want to make my music known on scratch
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? ( well its a certain game category like innovative tycoon games i like i like majestic artwork with castles i like juice Wrld/Justin Bieber's wandered to L.A ):
Notes: I have A YouTube channel where i upload my music as well as a playlist https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32345994 i have made many songs
also being a (school coder) i do not have a computer during the summer my personal projects are Pexel 2.0 And Find it mastery they are my projects
Hey! Thanks for coming!
Would you mind talking a bit more about your experience? For example, how many time have you been composing music? Why did you begin composing music? Anything you'd like to tell ofc.

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Jan. 11, 2023 00:22:20)

BunnyQueenCoder
Scratcher
10 posts

Departments you wish to join: Art and Sound

Experience in selected departments: I know anime and I'm learning the guitar.

Experience in collaborations: I had a collaboration in 1 projects that lasted for about a month. It was a food delivery project.

Why do you want to join?: Creating a space empire sounds very fun and intriguing.

What game, artwork or song do you like very much?: I like Genshin Impact, I'm Levitating by Dua Lupa, and the Mona Lisa

Notes: I am very shy, timid, and sensitive so if someone insults me a lot I will report this and leave.

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

I just want to note that some people might not have the courage to stay for like a year or all parts. Mabye make it clear that they can join for specific parts. I am staying for all parts btw.

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alt accounts: -ciodcoding- -cloudsecret-
Department(s) you wish to join: cloud coding or general coding or music
Experience in selected department(s): I have a lot of experence with cloud vars cloud requests and all of that stuff
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): For about a month I had the role of User interface coding and some music but eventully the collab stopped
Average activity (1 - 10): 8.5
Why do you want to join? : To make a great game that I can be proud of.
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Idk
Notes: I will join as long as this does not turn into a bloody killing game Edit: I will join if there is not blood

Last edited by -cloudcoding- (Jan. 11, 2023 19:28:21)

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
ShadowK6478
Scratcher
9 posts

Alt accounts: Shadow6478 Tucker_Team
Department(s) you wish to join: Art, Both sound departments
Experience in selected department(s): Sticky's aquatic adventure (I can do better!) and a few movies made not on scratch
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): This will be my first.
Average activity (1 - 10): 7.5 - 8.5
Why do you want to join? : It sounds awesome!
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Video game: Minecraft, Board game: Catan
Notes: one of your developers, rap1412, told me about this today.

Last edited by ShadowK6478 (Jan. 10, 2023 23:19:08)

CreativeBoardGames
Scratcher
60 posts

infintyrussia wrote:

I just want to note that some people might not have the courage to stay for like a year or all parts. Mabye make it clear that they can join for specific parts. I am staying for all parts btw.
Absolutely. I will add it to the application form.
It's awesome that you're staying until the end! Thank you!

I am lolrenz12 btw.

Last edited by CreativeBoardGames (Jan. 10, 2023 23:15:56)

CreativeBoardGames
Scratcher
60 posts

Sorry misclicked.

Last edited by CreativeBoardGames (Jan. 10, 2023 23:19:28)

CreativeBoardGames
Scratcher
60 posts

BunnyQueenCoder wrote:

Departments you wish to join: Art and Sound

Experience in selected departments: I know anime and I'm learning the guitar.

Experience in collaborations: I had a collaboration in 1 projects that lasted for about a month. It was a food delivery project.

Why do you want to join?: Creating a space empire sounds very fun and intriguing.

What game, artwork or song do you like very much?: I like Genshin Impact, I'm Levitating by Dua Lupa, and the Mona Lisa

Notes: I am very shy, timid, and sensitive so if someone insults me a lot I will report this and leave.

Hey! Thanks for coming!
Would you mind giving me some examples of your work?

And concerning your sensitivity, there is no place for disrespect in this collaboration. As my English teacher says, work hard but in a good mood.
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ShadowK6478 wrote:

Alt accounts: Shadow6478 Tucker_Team
Department(s) you wish to join: Art, Both sound departments
Experience in selected department(s): Sticky's aquatic adventure (I can do better!) and a few movies made not on scratch
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): This will be my first.
Average activity (1 - 10): 7.5 - 8.5
Why do you want to join? : It sounds awesome!
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Video game: Minecraft, Board game: Catan
Notes: one of your developers, rap1412, told me about this today.
Hey! Thanks for coming
Art style is going to be pixel art. Is that ok with you?

ShadowK6478
Scratcher
9 posts

Yes. I've already started
infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also sorry if anyone though but my post above was not aimed at anyone. I just thought of it becuase Lorenz mentioned that to me and I thought it wasn't clear.

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ShadowK6478 wrote:

Yes. I've already started
Alright! Welcome to the collab!
What are you working on?

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

Experience in collaborations (i don't have much experience in collaborations because i have not joined any yet):
Why do you want to join? : 2 reasons i would like to work on a game where i am not coding by myself its more people working on it. i want to make my music known on scratch
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? ( well its a certain game category like innovative tycoon games i like i like majestic artwork with castles i like juice Wrld/Justin Bieber's wandered to L.A ):
Notes: I have A YouTube channel where i upload my music as well as a playlist https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32345994 i have made many songs
also being a (school coder) i do not have a computer during the summer my personal projects are Pexel 2.0 And Find it mastery they are my projects
Hey! Thanks for coming!
Would you mind talking a bit more about your experience? For example, how many time have you been composing music? Why did you begin composing music? Anything you'd like to tell ofc.

Edit[well I have composed over 30+ songs i began composing music because i thought all these people are making these great songs so why cant I. Then I started working on my first song (lofi drip) some songs go through a phase where I don't realize they are messed up but i later go back and change them. My experience well on coding games making art and music I'd have to say making art is the hardest because my art never has that (look) that i want it to have. Making music and doing basic coding making music has to be like the easiest in my opinion because i have a ear for it. Sorry for the really late response I have been looking at the wrong page of the discussion. I started making songs 3 years ago with chrome music lab on my first acc @mr-dubs

Last edited by DUBXMUSIC (Jan. 11, 2023 17:45:17)

Listen to my music here and also

Pickles
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Experience in selected department(s): I have a lot of experence with cloud vars cloud requests and all of that stuff
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): For about a month I had the role of User interface coding and some music but eventully the collab stopped
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Idk
Notes: I will join as long as this does not turn into a bloody killing game Edit: I will join if there is not blood
bump

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

DUBXMUSIC wrote:

Hey! Thanks for coming!

Edit[well I have composed over 30+ songs i began composing music because i thought all these people are making these great songs so why cant I. Then I started working on my first song (lofi drip) some songs go through a phase where I don't realize they are messed up but i later go back and change them. My experience well on coding games making art and music I'd have to say making art is the hardest because my art never has that (look) that i want it to have. Making music and doing basic coding making music has to be like the easiest in my opinion because i have a ear for it. Sorry for the really late response I have been looking at the wrong page of the discussion. I started making songs 3 years ago with chrome music lab on my first acc @mr-dubs
Alright, welcome to the collab!

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

thank you for accepting my application i am working on a space song i will post its melody in a project

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/787305046/ project link i am thinking of changing the melody a little but if u guys think its fine then i wont change it

Last edited by DUBXMUSIC (Jan. 12, 2023 21:42:06)

Listen to my music here and also

Pickles
ShadowK6478
Scratcher
9 posts

Hi!
I've started the sounds for the ship
I have 4 shot sounds (for possible weapons upgrades) and an engine sound

How do you what the ship peaces? should they be squares or round?

I was wondering if I could be a curator of the studio so you can see my progress.
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ShadowK6478 wrote:

Hi!
I've started the sounds for the ship
I have 4 shot sounds (for possible weapons upgrades) and an engine sound

How do you what the ship peaces? should they be squares or round?

I was wondering if I could be a curator of the studio so you can see my progress.
That's awesome! Please share the sounds in the studio!

Someone is already working on the ship pieces. But you may do any of the following things now:
1. Sounds of hangar opening and closing, mechanic door like sound.
2. Paint the space-station. Get inspired in other sci-fi space station images.

Last edited by lolrenz12 (Jan. 13, 2023 00:01:27)

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

bump
Accepted! Welcome to the collab