Discuss Scratch

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

Not sure if I want to join yet but I have a few questions.
1. Will you be using the cloud to save data? Kind of like my SL games. (like need servers)
2. Will there be multiple programmers?

If you need a python server coder then I can try. Depends on when and how work flow will work!

That's all the questions for now!

-cloudcoding- wrote:

My guess for what your going for is https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/718028360 combined with https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/450915588 but without the fighting
We will be using the cloud both to save data (online market) and make the flight multiplayer (spaceships being able to see and interact with each other). In fact, I'm trying to do something similar to the links @-cloudcoding- gave.
However, these aspects will not be developped at the same time. We will start with multiplayer right away (Part I), while the online market will see development in Part IV. If you're only interested in one of these parts, you may join at that time and leave later. You'll still be credited.

There will be multiple programmers. To complete all the work, they may split the assignments and occasionally remix each others' work to improve it. Concerning cloud, I'd really appreciate to have experimented programmers as I don't know well the field.

And right now I'm waiting to have more collaborators in the coding department to start coding, and same for the other departments, so not to make the work charge too high and to make it more productive. It may take no longer than a week.
Ok then I can probably do this. Just that my only request is too work alone. I can stay for both parts. Just give me the input and w=and what you want the output to be.

Alt accounts: infintyrussia_test
Department(s) you wish to join: Cloud Code
Experience in selected department(s): Python code, game dev, ideas
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): none yet
Average activity (1 - 10): 8
Why do you want to join? : I would like to help out with Python code and servers. I have a lot of experience.
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Holding Simulator and SLseabonks art
Notes: Will only work on Python code if I work alone.

Last edited by infintyrussia (Jan. 6, 2023 23:41:45)

hxckerdoge
Scratcher
100+ posts

Space Explorers: Empire | A great game all about exploring space and raising your own empire!

This game is gonna be awesome!
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hxckerdoge wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

hxckerdoge wrote:

Alt accounts: DarkDungeon
Department(s) you wish to join: Art
Experience in selected department(s): sprites
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): achromatic
Average activity (1 - 10): 8.5/20
Why do you want to join? : I like the idea of this game
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): minecraft
Notes: N/A
Please make sure to read the rules!
Yo! Just two small things I want to clarify before continuing:
1. For how much time have you been making art? Which software do you usually use?
2. Is achromatic a collaboration? Please tell me more about it and your role in it.

I have been making art for about a year and I use pixelart.com
Acromatic is a co-lab about fantasy world with no color I worked for sprite design

Accepted! Welcome to the collab

hxckerdoge
Scratcher
100+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

hxckerdoge wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

hxckerdoge wrote:

Alt accounts: DarkDungeon
Department(s) you wish to join: Art
Experience in selected department(s): sprites
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): achromatic
Average activity (1 - 10): 8.5/20
Why do you want to join? : I like the idea of this game
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): minecraft
Notes: N/A
Please make sure to read the rules!
Yo! Just two small things I want to clarify before continuing:
1. For how much time have you been making art? Which software do you usually use?
2. Is achromatic a collaboration? Please tell me more about it and your role in it.

I have been making art for about a year and I use pixelart.com
Acromatic is a co-lab about fantasy world with no color I worked for sprite design

Accepted! Welcome to the collab

:>
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

1. Will you be using the cloud to save data? Kind of like my SL games. (like need servers)

If you need a python server coder then I can try. Depends on when and how work flow will work!

-cloudcoding- wrote:

My guess for what your going for is https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/718028360 combined with https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/450915588 but without the fighting
We will be using the cloud both to save data (online market) and make the flight multiplayer (spaceships being able to see and interact with each other). In fact, I'm trying to do something similar to the links @-cloudcoding- gave.
However, these aspects will not be developped at the same time. We will start with multiplayer right away (Part I), while the online market will see development in Part IV. If you're only interested in one of these parts, you may join at that time and leave later. You'll still be credited.

There will be multiple programmers. To complete all the work, they may split the assignments and occasionally remix each others' work to improve it. Concerning cloud, I'd really appreciate to have experimented programmers as I don't know well the field.

And right now I'm waiting to have more collaborators in the coding department to start coding, and same for the other departments, so not to make the work charge too high and to make it more productive. It may take no longer than a week.
Ok then I can probably do this. Just that my only request is too work alone. I can stay for both parts. Just give me the input and w=and what you want the output to be.

Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): none yet
Why do you want to join? : I would like to help out with Python code and servers. I have a lot of experience.
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Holding Simulator and SLseabonks art
Accepted, welcome to the collab!

I have a question: If you work fully on Python, is there need to have some cloud work on the Scratch project too?

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

I have a question: If you work fully on Python, is there a need to have some cloud work on the Scratch project too?
Well yes, there is! It would be in form of a sprite and you would need to run a block with the request name after it completes it then get the request answer from the response list.

I will probably just give you a sprite and then tell you the request names and what they do.

I have a question for you. Would you like to use scratchattach made by TimMcCool or would you like me to make my own cloud communication system specifically for this game? It will take longer tho.

Last edited by infintyrussia (Jan. 7, 2023 16:53:35)

hxckerdoge
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whats my first assignment?
lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

I have a question: If you work fully on Python, is there a need to have some cloud work on the Scratch project too?
Well yes, there is! It would be in form of a sprite and you would need to run a block with the request name after it completes it then get the request answer from the response list.

I will probably just give you a sprite and then tell you the request names and what they do.

I have a question for you. Would you like to use scratchattach made by TimMcCool or would you like me to make my own cloud communication system specifically for this game? It will take longer tho.
Ok!
You can use scratchattach. If you want to start from zero or use another library, you can. But if there's no really need to do so, you may just use scratchattach.

rap1412
Scratcher
50 posts

Alt accounts:
Department(s) you wish to join: General Coding
Experience in selected department(s): I'v posted 83 projects. Ranging from games that are basic that I created when I strated Scratch. To New ones Like Splatoon, NHL Holcky training, And a silly Project I created for 2023 Called @023 Dance party, I made Holcky basket ball and soccer sims, and I made a demo of game called space adventure I was working on.
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): I have never worked on a collaboration projects
Average activity (1 - 10): 7
Why do you want to join? : This looks like a rilly good project and I want to help with. And it looks like a good chalenge.
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Well I like nintendo games like, pokemon, the legend of zelda, splatoon, pikmin, games like that, and I also like to computer program
Notes:
infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Are you going to update the spots that are taken?

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

Yes, no worries

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

lolrenz12 wrote:

infintyrussia wrote:

Yes, no worries
Also, when will we start? Because I estimated this should at LEAST take half a year.

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rap1412 wrote:

Alt accounts:
Department(s) you wish to join: General Coding
Experience in selected department(s): I'v posted 83 projects. Ranging from games that are basic that I created when I strated Scratch. To New ones Like Splatoon, NHL Holcky training, And a silly Project I created for 2023 Called @023 Dance party, I made Holcky basket ball and soccer sims, and I made a demo of game called space adventure I was working on.
Experience in collaborations (please detail: What role did you have? For how much time? Was the collaboration active?): I have never worked on a collaboration projects
Average activity (1 - 10): 7
Why do you want to join? : This looks like a rilly good project and I want to help with. And it looks like a good chalenge.
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? (We're not judging you, but just getting to know you better ): Well I like nintendo games like, pokemon, the legend of zelda, splatoon, pikmin, games like that, and I also like to computer program
Notes:
Hey! Accepted! Welcome to the collab

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Announcement

Everyone, we are starting!
Please check this presentation about what we will be doing during the next weeks. We will then start setting assignments.

For Cloud department (@infintyrussia): After reading the presentation, please tell me if there is a best way to store the tile maps the spacecrafts are going to be saved as. The General coding department will need your recommendation on this.

For Art department: I'll reach about the style expected for the game before you start anything. Also please tell me what you think about the Hangar UI (after reading the presentation).

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

LETS GO!

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also, you may want to look into: https://cocrea.world/projects
It's multiplayer scratch. Sadly cloud var's are different but general coding can work together here!

lolrenz12
Scratcher
1000+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

Also, you may want to look into: https://cocrea.world/projects
It's multiplayer scratch. Sadly cloud var's are different but general coding can work together here!
Oh that's awesome! Thank you!

DUBXMUSIC
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alt accounts: DUBXGAMES and mr-dubs
Department(s) you wish to join: soundtrack
Experience in selected department(s): soundtrack and art
Experience in collaborations (i don't have much experience in collaborations because i have not joined any yet):
Average activity (1 - 10): 6.7
Why do you want to join? : 2 reasons i would like to work on a game where i am not coding by myself its more people working on it. i want to make my music known on scratch
What game, artwork or song do you like very much? ( well its a certain game category like innovative tycoon games i like i like majestic artwork with castles i like juice Wrld/Justin Bieber's wandered to L.A ):
Notes: I have A YouTube channel where i upload my music as well as a playlist https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/32345994 i have made many songs
also being a (school coder) i do not have a computer during the summer my personal projects are Pexel 2.0 And Find it mastery they are my projects

Last edited by DUBXMUSIC (Jan. 9, 2023 15:58:53)

Listen to my music here and also

Pickles
infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yay! Dubx! He made me some great msuic!

infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also about being a crew member of another ship. That is going to be really hard or not possible with scratch. I wanted to do the same with my game but it's quite a bit harder when both players are online at the same time. Blocks can not always be synced so both players could place at the same time. I say we leave that off for now.