R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Translating Scratch into Other Languages

threecatsmumu wrote:

R4356th wrote:

TUX_OS wrote:

TRANSLATE TO ARABIC!
Translating to Arabic is already done for most of the strings.
HOW ABOUT URDU
A volunteer translator team is working on translating it, too. You can join that team.
_pixar_
Scratcher
100+ posts

R4356th wrote:

threecatsmumu wrote:

R4356th wrote:

TUX_OS wrote:

TRANSLATE TO ARABIC!
Translating to Arabic is already done for most of the strings.
HOW ABOUT URDU
A volunteer translator team is working on translating it, too. You can join that team.
That team? And Urdu?

Ok wrote:

Also I Know Sploder!
And Snap! .

ctrl+shift+down!
ctrl+shirf+left!

when green flag clicked
say (join [Hi! I'm ] (join (username) [!])) for (2) secs
say [Boy] for (2) secs
hide
wait (1) secs
show
say (join (join (join (join (join (join (join [Waking up on] (pick random (7) to (10))) [:]) (pick random (00) to (59))) [sleeping at]) (pick random [10 pm] to [5 am]))[:])(pick random (00) to (59))) for (2) secs
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

_pixar_ wrote:

R4356th wrote:

That team? And Urdu?
That team means Urdu translation team.

Last edited by R4356th (May 29, 2020 09:58:35)

superclass43
Scratcher
500+ posts

adlogi wrote:

Scratch has been translated into more than 40 languages with the generous help of volunteering translators from all over the world.
However, parts of the Scratch interface and website in some languages are still missing translations, and some translations might have glitches. If you have experience with some language, you can help in completing the translations and correcting any mistakes. Here are the steps to get started.

1. Join our translation platform: The Scratch program and website are translated using the Transifex service. It lets registered translators suggest and edit the translations. To translate part of Scratch interface or website, you have to sign up for a free Translator account at Transifex. Please see the Transifex Getting Started Guide for more details.

Once signed up you can return to the Scratch 3.0 Editor project, and click the “Help Translate…” button to join the Scratch Translators team on Transifex. Once you're on the team you'll be able to translate all the Scratch Projects including the Scratch Website, Legacy and Videos in addition to the Editor.

You can find more information on this page:
http://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/How_to_Translate_Scratch

2. Join our new Slack Community for translators (over 16 only). We recently set this up as an experiment to allow volunteers to connect with each other and discuss translation challenges.

You can check the current status of the translations on Scratch Transifex page:
https://www.transifex.com/llk/public/

Thanks for your help!
None of the things in English glitch but it is a lot of languages for volunteers to translate it into.
alefar
Scratcher
100+ posts

this is “translating scratch” post 2020!

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 84.0.4147.105, No Flash version detected

select some of this and press shift+down to see stuff.

Hit Follow To See The Latest Uptades!

i have an EVIL KUMQUAT THAT WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!!!!!!
he loves to eat.
he only has a small mouth, but some-times it can get BIG!
this is him!
normal:
(>:-( :: #000000) :: variables)
eating lots'a siggys:
(>:-(siggy(siggy(siggy(siggy(siggy :: #000000) :: #000000) :: #000000) :: #000000) :: #000000) :: variables)
he also likes stuff.
i have guards also. they do not know how to use a stabbing stick.
<._.ψ  :: sensing>
<._.ψ :: sensing>
<._.ψ :: sensing>
one of them when invaders, um, invade:
<._.ψ  :: sensing> // DIE!!!
an invader:
( ╯▔皿▔╯::variables ) // I SHALL EAT UR SIGGY!!!
oh, i forgot!
code:
define kumquat get siggy
ask [do you have a siggy?] and wait
if <(answer) = [yes]> then
eat (siggy) :: custom // this block has code similar to "/kill @e type=siggy"
get (weapons) :: custom // if weapons are bad, it skips this stage
get (armour) :: custom // if there is none or armour is bad, it skips this stage
end
define guard protect
ask [are you attacking?] and wait
if <(answer) = [yes]> then
if <not <[alefarsiggyguard] has [kumquatpack:stabbing_stick]? :: sensing >> then
give item [kumquatpack:stabbing_stick[ to [alefarsiggyguard] :: custom // this gives the stabbing stick to the guard in case they lost it
end
stab [siggy] :: custom
give item [kumquatpack:sheild] to [alefarkumquat] :: custom // this gives a sheild to the kumquat
end
DuckDuckOSTRICH
Scratcher
15 posts

Carolyn280 wrote:

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

I heard some french people being annoyed because they couldn't type accents and sometimes the scripts changed randomly into english.
ME.

I don't even know if you can translate in scratch

How would you be able to translate words in a project?
The way to translate in scratch is if you go to the creating page and get some ‘translate’ blocks. you can do it by clicking that button under where it sais ‘events’ and ‘controls’ and stuff