Discuss Scratch

Atten007
Scratcher
100+ posts

Translating Scratch into Other Languages

alefar wrote:

translate [text] to [language v] :: extension reporter
The Above Is A Helpful Scratch Block To Translate With.

In Scratch 3.0, this block exists in the translating extension!
translate to :: extension reporter
pizzaloverkid
Scratcher
12 posts

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

We should have 2 for-fun languages (or more) one being “Pirate English” and the other being “Hsilgne”. Hsilgne is backwards English, and Pirate English is just English with ‘pirate’ terms. “Explore” would be “Scan te' Sea”, Discuss “Talk with yer' pirates”, Notifications would be “Dire notes” maybe. As for Hsilgne, it's a bit more complicated than you might think. “Scratch is the best, most awesome service ever!” in Hsilgne would be “Reve ecivres emosewa tsom, tseb eht si Scratch!”
We should be serious by focusing on real languages. But I like the idea, but like stick to what Scratch wants us to talk about.
JIedi
Scratcher
12 posts

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JIedi wrote:

Use Google Translate for Malayalam, which is a language spoken in Southern India.

https://translate.google.com/?rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB783GB785&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&client=tw-ob#view=home&op=translate&sl=en&tl=ml&text=hello%20there

You are not allowed to use Google Translate. That will just cause mistakes to be in the translations.
-PastelPastry-
Scratcher
51 posts

TRANSLATE TO URDU

I'm -
Pastella
aka -PastelPastry- and this is my signature. I love the colour pastel pink and turquoise.
I started this account in Jan i love making projects keep on scratching !

❤️❤️❤️. (◕ᴗ◕✿) ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

log yourself out of scratch
jonathanjap
Scratcher
7 posts

Hi scratch team, I am jonathanjap
Can you make Scratch be able to make projects online with friends if possible, I would really like to make a Project with my friends during this time? You don't need to add an online extension as I Know That It might trouble you! Also If you can, Can you send the reply to (removed by moderator - please don't share contact information). I hope I am not troubling you!

Last edited by Paddle2See (May 18, 2020 08:43:47)

daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

Do they have

Carolyn280 wrote:

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

I heard some french people being annoyed because they couldn't type accents and sometimes the scripts changed randomly into english.
ME.

I don't even know if you can translate in scratch

How would you be able to translate words in a project?

user translate extension.

Hi! my username is daxkane. This is my account.
My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

I was wondering if they could add hawaiian? Because there is not hawaiian on the list, and i know that hawaiian is mostly not spoken in hawaii anymore (people speak a mix of languages), but it could be useful for some stuff. You have rapa nui, which only like 800 people speak, so i thought you could add hawaiian

Last edited by daxkane (May 22, 2020 21:58:14)

My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

daxkane wrote:

I was wondering if they could add hawaiian? Because there is not hawaiian on the list, and i know that hawaiian is mostly not spoken in hawaii anymore (people speak a mix of languages), but it could be useful for some stuff. You have rapa nui, which only like 800 people speak, so i thought you could add hawaiian
There is a button that lets you request to add a language above the list. Click there and request it.
daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

R4356th wrote:

daxkane wrote:

There is a button that lets you request to add a language above the list. Click there and request it.
Where?

My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

daxkane wrote:

R4356th wrote:

daxkane wrote:

Where?
Look at this picture-
https://rimagehosting.github.io/r4356th/TR.png
If you browse through LLK's projects, you will find this button. Remember, you will need to be logged in for this.
daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

Who

R4356th wrote:

daxkane wrote:

R4356th wrote:

daxkane wrote:

Where?
Look at this picture-
https://rimagehosting.github.io/r4356th/TR.png
If you browse through LLK's projects, you will find this button. Remember, you will need to be logged in for this.
Who is LLK

My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

daxkane wrote:

-snip-
Who is LLK
LLK is Lifelong Kindergarten Group, a project of MIT (more specifically, a project of the MIT Media Lab). Scratch used to be its project and Scratch still uses its name for various things.
daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

R4356th wrote:

daxkane wrote:

-snip-
Who is LLK
LLK is Lifelong Kindergarten Group, a project of MIT (more specifically, a project of the MIT Media Lab). Scratch used to be its project and Scratch still uses its name for various things.

but WHERE are their projects????????????????
there is no LLK on scratch user profile.

My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

daxkane wrote:

but WHERE are their projects????????????????
there is no LLK on scratch user profile.
Have you actually read the first post? I am talking about LLK's projects on Transifex not Scratch.
daxkane
Scratcher
41 posts

ya i looked on transifex and can't find the page sorry i will check the first post

My Account
Some stuff About Me
My Most Popular Projects
Scratcher
13 posts

Carolyn280 wrote:

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

I heard some french people being annoyed because they couldn't type accents and sometimes the scripts changed randomly into english.
ME.

I don't even know if you can translate in scratch

How would you be able to translate words in a project?
Ask the Scratch Team

My username is numbers for some reason.
TUX_OS
Scratcher
500+ posts

TRANSLATE TO ARABIC!

My favorite thing is translating Emoji language in Russian
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TUX_OS wrote:

TRANSLATE TO ARABIC!
Translating to Arabic is already done for most of the strings.
threecatsmumu
Scratcher
37 posts

R4356th wrote:

TUX_OS wrote:

TRANSLATE TO ARABIC!
Translating to Arabic is already done for most of the strings.
HOW ABOUT URDU

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA