Discuss Scratch

Carolyn280
Scratcher
14 posts

Translating Scratch into Other Languages

I actually found this http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/How_to_Translate_Scratch.

Hope this helps!

Carolyn280 xoxo

Lirex
Scratcher
500+ posts

Carolyn280 wrote:

I actually found this http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/How_to_Translate_Scratch.
Fixed the link.

Scratch-DACH-Wiki author

;

Yay, 500+ posts! (05/25/2014)
Carolyn280
Scratcher
14 posts

thanks for fixing the link
butterking829
Scratcher
47 posts

Awww yea
play sound [ Gangnam Style wav.v]
Joey835
Scratcher
34 posts

On Scratch.mit.edu in Polish at the very top it says WYPRÓBUJ instead of TRY IT OUT (correct), and then it still says SEE EXAMPLES where it should say ZOBACZ PRZYKŁADY.

[#FFF][#543][#543][#543][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#543][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
.·········· ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ▪ J☮€Ẏ ▪ ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ·········· // category=pen
Joey835
Scratcher
34 posts

And on these discussions, in Polish it still says << previous 1 2 next >> but it should be << poprzedni 1 2 następny >>. And it still says Follow Discussion where it should say Śledź Dyskusję. And for example, right now I have 24 posts and it says 24 wpisów (correct), but if you have 100+ posts (or something with a +) it still says posts instead of 100+ wpisów.

Last edited by Joey835 (Jan. 7, 2014 10:01:46)

[#FFF][#543][#543][#543][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#807][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#FFF][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#923][#FFF][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
[#FFF][#543][#543][#FFF][#FFF][#923][#923][#923][#FFF][#102][#102][#102][#FFF][#FFF][#807][#FFF][#FFF] // category=pen
.·········· ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ▪ J☮€Ẏ ▪ ℬℯ ḉøøℓ ℬ℮ ღℯ ·········· // category=pen
Enderburrito
Scratcher
7 posts

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

We should have 2 for-fun languages (or more) one being “Pirate English” and the other being “Hsilgne”. Hsilgne is backwards English, and Pirate English is just English with ‘pirate’ terms. “Explore” would be “Scan te' Sea”, Discuss “Talk with yer' pirates”, Notifications would be “Dire notes” maybe. As for Hsilgne, it's a bit more complicated than you might think. “Scratch is the best, most awesome service ever!” in Hsilgne would be “Reve ecivres emosewa tsom, tseb eht si Scratch!”

Did you get that idea from Minecraft's “Pirate Talk”? I personally love that idea, though, because I constantly use Pirate Talk

The principal's principle of all of the principals' principles was principally spoken by the principal along with the other principals holding the principle manual.
-Sonnet 11, Enderburrito
(Favorite Things)
add [Minecraft] to [list v]add [Harry Potter] to [list v]add [Manga & Anime] to [list v]add [Lord of the Rings] to [list v]add [Lego] to [list v]
scratch_book
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello!
all the blocks correctly translated into Russian, but there is an error in the block if-then
Correct please. there is still written in English
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FirstSkyler1 wrote:

We should have 2 for-fun languages (or more) one being “Pirate English” and the other being “Hsilgne”. Hsilgne is backwards English, and Pirate English is just English with ‘pirate’ terms. “Explore” would be “Scan te' Sea”, Discuss “Talk with yer' pirates”, Notifications would be “Dire notes” maybe. As for Hsilgne, it's a bit more complicated than you might think. “Scratch is the best, most awesome service ever!” in Hsilgne would be “Reve ecivres emosewa tsom, tseb eht si Scratch!”

I love that idea, but Paddle2See said that we should stick to real languages for now. That would be awesome if that was put in though!

Last edited by derpmeup (May 5, 2014 02:36:13)

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rose08 wrote:

How do you movie player morph in scratch 2.0?
You can't, although what you CAN do is create an Animated GIF, upload it into Scratch, and embed the sound in seperately.
Catgirl329
Scratcher
100+ posts

adlogi wrote:

abee wrote:

Hi, adlogi

The register page returns 535 error when register a new user.
Could you check it?
Thank you for your help.

Kazuhiro Abe

Hi Abe,

The problem has been fixed. You can send me the username you tried to register with to activate it instead of creating another new account.
Dude! I made an account after the problem was fixed, because i didn't get a 535.
Catgirl329
Scratcher
100+ posts

Carolyn280 wrote:

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

I heard some french people being annoyed because they couldn't type accents and sometimes the scripts changed randomly into english.
ME.

I don't even know if you can translate in scratch

How would you be able to translate words in a project?
use the language selector on the bottom of every page, its probably also at the bottom of the project pages.
core_blaster
Scratcher
6 posts

I would translate for you, but the translate process is too complicated for me.

Last edited by core_blaster (April 9, 2014 15:11:36)

Ashley930
New to Scratch
5 posts

How do I report ppl?Some guy is cussing help!
dbkputhiyottil
New to Scratch
2 posts

Hi

I started translating scratch in Malayalam(Indian language) using online server.Then I downloaded both blocks and editor po files separately. I tried ‘'testing your translation’' given in http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/How_to_Translate_Scratch Shift+click the language menu in the Editor, and clicking on ‘import translation file’ at the top of the language menu. Then uploaded a po file that contains the translation strings for the blocks and the editor separately . Its working separately i.e at a time blocks or interface is working .Its not working together . How can I make translation strings for both the blocks and the editor in a single po file.

Can anyone help me in this?
Stickythestick9009
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello! I was wondering if I could add a language and translate it, the language being the constructed language ‘toki pona’. It'd be a fun addition as it is a very cute language with around 123 words. Thanks
hellokitty156
Scratcher
1 post

well hello there
bonjour madam moiselle
hola!
ROBLOXVICE
New to Scratch
27 posts

Make A is B

If you don't know about that language
see the examples
The examples are always in the bottom of a reply.
Example :

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

I heard some french people being annoyed because they couldn't type accents and sometimes the scripts changed randomly into english.
ME.

Becomes : J IFBSE TPNF GSFODI
QFPQMF CFJOH
BOOPZFE CFDBVTF
UIFZ DPVMEO'U UZQF
BDDFOUT BOE
TPNFUJNFT UIF
TDSJQUT DIBOHFE
SBOEPNMZ JOUP FOHMJTI.

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ROBLOXVICE wrote:

Make A is B

If you don't know about that language
see the examples
The examples are always in the bottom of a reply.
Example :

macadam wrote:

giddyaunt1234 wrote:

ME.

Becomes : J IFBSE TPNF GSFODI
QFPQMF CFJOH
BOOPZFE CFDBVTF
UIFZ DPVMEO'U UZQF
BDDFOUT BOE
TPNFUJNFT UIF
TDSJQUT DIBOHFE
SBOEPNMZ JOUP FOHMJTI.

Stickythestick9009 wrote:

Hello! I was wondering if I could add a language and translate it, the language being the constructed language ‘toki pona’. It'd be a fun addition as it is a very cute language with around 123 words. Thanks

As Paddle2See said, we should stick to real languages now. Please read previous posts before posting.

:wq
Supermorrissey
Scratcher
26 posts

Did anybody add Pig Latin, because I can translate English to Pig Latin!