Discuss Scratch

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LIST OF REJECTED SUGGESTIONS (READ BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING)

I updated the first post to reflect the fact that you are now able to change your email.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
mitchboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

#3 on the upcoming can be eliminated.

Last edited by mitchboy (June 9, 2013 21:48:54)

Capsicum annuum.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mitchboy wrote:

#3 on the upcoming can be eliminated.
Thanks for letting me know. I updated the post.

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
PullJosh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Very nice post. You may want to mention Alice in #9. It is pretty much a harder version of scratch, but in 3d.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PullJosh wrote:

Very nice post. You may want to mention Alice in #9. It is pretty much a harder version of scratch, but in 3d.
Good idea.

isabela97
New to Scratch
1 post

Hello, I'm from Spain.
Could you please add a new block in the pen options named “MultiPen”? This option will be able to write with several pencils at the same time.
really useful to draw a rainbow .

I am looking forward to hearing from you!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Isabela and my teacher Quico.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

isabela97 wrote:

Hello, I'm from Spain.
Could you please add a new block in the pen options named “MultiPen”? This option will be able to write with several pencils at the same time.
really useful to draw a rainbow .

I am looking forward to hearing from you!!!!!!!!

Best regards,

Isabela and my teacher Quico.
Please do not use this topic to suggest things. This is a just a list of the rejected/pending suggestions.

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

1. Back in 1.4, there was a useful list you could use to block users' comments, projects, etc. from your webpage. When will this return if at all?
2. Could we get a license or a special permit for making chat rooms, as long as we can moderate them ourselves or add scripting that could do it too? I bet just simply adding the username to whatever comment they make can reduce bullying almost completely. Not to mention a few tricks I know.
3. There seems to be a love-it “trap” now. Popularized projects tend to stay on the front page longer than those that are gathering their popularity. If you noticed, old projects (2-3 weeks old or more) remain front-paged for quite a while, then projects with very low love-its appear and disappear quickly, and it repeats. Maybe you could notify the Scratch Team to modify the time a project can stay on the front page…

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

1. Back in 1.4, there was a useful list you could use to block users' comments, projects, etc. from your webpage. When will this return if at all?
2. Could we get a license or a special permit for making chat rooms, as long as we can moderate them ourselves or add scripting that could do it too? I bet just simply adding the username to whatever comment they make can reduce bullying almost completely. Not to mention a few tricks I know.
3. There seems to be a love-it “trap” now. Popularized projects tend to stay on the front page longer than those that are gathering their popularity. If you noticed, old projects (2-3 weeks old or more) remain front-paged for quite a while, then projects with very low love-its appear and disappear quickly, and it repeats. Maybe you could notify the Scratch Team to modify the time a project can stay on the front page…
Please do not use this topic to suggest things. This is just a list of the commonly rejected suggestions.

kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Besides a list for rejected and one for pending, create one for most commonly suggested?
Things like realtime collaboration or but things the scratch team hasn't confirmed or rejected, but it's been suggested frequently.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kayybee wrote:

Besides a list for rejected and one for pending, create one for most commonly suggested?
Things like realtime collaboration or but things the scratch team hasn't confirmed or rejected, but it's been suggested frequently.
There are way too many of those, though… :/

coolhogs
Scratcher
100+ posts

You should add something about apps.
Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add profile badge/achievement systems to the list, please. See here to find exactly what I mean. More than one person has suggested this, but I feel it would harm Scratch's purpose and function, as well as down new users. They would make all kinds of trouble, like bragging and hate comments, for example

some random person wrote:

That guy thinks he's so cool just because he has that one acheivement, but he really sucks.

Basically what I'm saying is, Scratch is not a gaming site. It is for making and sharing projects, including games, but if you want acheivements for what you make, then sorry, it could be harmful. If you want achievements, program them into your projects, make a badge project for yourself and make it your profile feature, but we don't need this system for rating users.

Last edited by Failord (June 23, 2013 01:41:18)

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Failord wrote:

Add profile badge/achievement systems to the list, please. See here to find exactly what I mean. More than one person has suggested this, but I feel it would harm Scratch's purpose and function, as well as down new users. They would make all kinds of trouble, like bragging and hate comments, for example

some random person wrote:

That guy thinks he's so cool just because he has that one acheivement, but he really sucks.

Basically what I'm saying is, Scratch is not a gaming site. It is for making and sharing projects, including games, but if you want acheivements for what you make, then sorry, it could be harmful. If you want achievements, program them into your projects, make a badge project for yourself and make it your profile feature, but we don't need this system for rating users.
Added.

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

Added.

Thanks! I've already replied to two of them.

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
starshine1111
Scratcher
17 posts

You have points. Even though I don't actually understand (Because i'm eight) I still think she has a point.
kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

kayybee wrote:

You don't have to respond them, just make a list with the link to the topic.
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

For the scratchblocks tag, could you add that it is enabled and being tested on the wiki?

i have grown as a person. and ive grown, literally. none of my posts from before 2022 represent me accurately.
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kayybee wrote:

jvvg wrote:

kayybee wrote:

You don't have to respond them, just make a list with the link to the topic.
Exactly. At least then we don't have to remake forums for ideas already suggested.

lol, italics.

Pablo_Paturg
New to Scratch
15 posts

You know, there IS a way to make 3D scratch, and still have it easily accessible, make two seperate downloads; one for Scratch 2D, and one for Scratch 3D. Problem solved, that way beginners can use the 2D version, while more advanced users can move onto the 3D version. As for the potential problem of a lower framerate, 3D projects will probably have to be downloaded, like you could with 2D projects back in 1.0, I see no reason to at least CONSIDER this.