Discuss Scratch

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LIST OF REJECTED SUGGESTIONS (READ BEFORE SUGGESTING ANYTHING)

Failord wrote:

jvvg wrote:

8. Surprise projects
There is too much potential for inappropriate projects to show up there.

Can you link the topic? I'm not seeing anything about it besides what I saw here and what I posted AFTER seeing this. Is it in the 1.4 forums, perhaps?
I recall it was said somewhere. Let me search around for it…

Edit: Actually, I couldn't find any posts like that. I'll remove it for now. If you find any posts like that, please let me know.

Last edited by jvvg (May 16, 2013 21:13:54)

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
seanbobe
Scratcher
500+ posts

Etellex wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.

Here's something: “block user”
again breaking scratch's motto

Sadly my kumquat was eaten by an evil signature.
Scratcher
1000+ posts

seanbobe wrote:

Etellex wrote:

2. Private messaging
When communication is public, people are more likely to be respectful because they know that everyone can see it. However, when posting PMs, people know that only the intended recipient can see it, so don't think as much before posting. Even if a “Flag PM” function is implemented, the Scratch Team currently does not have the resources to moderate it, because of the reason I said before there would be a lot of inappropriate/disrespectful messages.

Here's something: “block user”
again breaking scratch's motto
Actually, there was a way in 1.4 to ignore an user, so that you couldn't see any of his comments, projects, or galleries…
kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe add mobile scratch to the list?

And I seriously think the title needs to be bigger.

Last edited by kayybee (May 19, 2013 06:02:25)

liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

define new operator < (num1) + (num2) = 4? >
return True if < ((num1) + (num2)) = 4 >

If the scratch blocks thingy didn't work, please make people be able to post scripts in your posts again!

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kayybee wrote:

Did they reject that idea or is it coming?

Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

kayybee wrote:

Did they reject that idea or is it coming?
I think “mobile” scratch is a no as in apps, but maybe html5 editor

I forget where/whether they said it

go research
Sausagefanclub
Scratcher
100+ posts

Aren't they planning to make the front page and userpage more customizable later on?

I'm hoping I'll be able to add and rearrange rows for my personal front page; that would be cool.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sausagefanclub wrote:

Aren't they planning to make the front page and userpage more customizable later on?

I'm hoping I'll be able to add and rearrange rows for my personal front page; that would be cool.
They may do that, I'm not sure. However, I won't add it to this topic yet because of that.

kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why'd the title get smaller? Now it's even less attention-grabbing…
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kayybee wrote:

I felt like the old one was caps-spamming. I guess it worked, though.

kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jvvg wrote:

kayybee wrote:

I felt like the old one was caps-spamming. I guess it worked, though.
Chrishb's old topic was like this and fine for several months/years.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I added changing emails and deleting accounts.

Failord
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please add the following things!

Blocks

1. <broadcast recieved> boolean
Too hard to code, the boolean has to check for the broadcast the exact instant it's being sent. There is a workaround with variables, as well as other ways to suggest the boolean, like “<broadcast recieved in the last ( ) seconds>.”

2. “point towards x( ) y( )” stack
There is a trig workaround if you want to get fancy or put it in 1s1s, or you could just make a sprite to go to that point and replace it with the already existing “Point towards {sprite1}.”

I highly recommend re-wording, however. Use what works best for a sticky topic- shorter, more efficient, but not lacking any information.

Thanks! I'm getting tired of explaining these things… there's about two every week! This could reduce that statistic to an obscure fraction or decimal…

Last edited by Failord (May 26, 2013 02:53:09)

Thanks for the ride, Scratch Team and community! Unfortunately, the time has come for me to move on from Scratch, so I'll no longer be using the forums. Thanks again, and farewell!
Invisible text! This will show you if a profile I claim to be mine IS mine. Just remember to visit the profile and see if I confirmed in the comments.
For old time's sake, see the revolutionary Laser Battle 2.0! Also see Unstoppable Game!

And no, the evil kumquats didn't alter my signature…
kayybee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Failord wrote:

Please add the following things!

Blocks

1. <broadcast recieved> boolean
Too hard to code, the boolean has to check for the broadcast the exact instant it's being sent. There is a workaround with variables, as well as other ways to suggest the boolean, like “<broadcast recieved in the last ( ) seconds>.”

2. “point towards x( ) y( )” stack
There is a trig workaround if you want to get fancy or put it in 1s1s, or you could just make a sprite to go to that point and replace it with the already existing “Point towards {sprite1}.”

I highly recommend re-wording, however. Use what works best for a sticky topic- shorter, more efficient, but not lacking any information.

Thanks! I'm getting tired of explaining these things… there's about two every week! This could reduce that statistic to an obscure fraction or decimal…
Whenever you say “there is a trig workaround” I suggest you include the workaround as most people don't know trig.

It's actually more than one block and requires if, right? Unless I'm thinking too hard?
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Might want to put something about the numbers being allowed with the clouds but not letters

leeboy5
Scratcher
52 posts

I think Scratch 2.0 would be a lot better if you added in a pause button. It would be highly beneficial to many scratch users. That way you can pause games if you need to quick do something without losing your score. It would also be great to be able to pause long videos.
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Leeboy5, this isn‘t the right place for suggesting things. Please post a new topic for your suggestion, or see if someone has already suggested that using the Search engine.
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey jvvg, I guess you can now remove the part that says about the Curators, since it's now released.
jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NoxSpooth wrote:

Hey jvvg, I guess you can now remove the part that says about the Curators, since it's now released.
So it is. I miss a lot when I go to eat.