Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

StarscreamClone wrote:

Just another wannabe Scratchin' Weekly
XD LOL, I didn't know we were THAT good. Anyhow, I'd like to apply as an author:
Example sentence(s): As I stood there, I became subtly aware of the tears streaming down my good eye. Despite everything that was happening, I was glad that my body had a helmet; if my subconsciousness was crying, so am I.
Show me some experience: Dunno what to put.
Level of activity 1-10: 8
Anything else: And the ants went marching- *ahem* Nothing at this point.

The ironic thing? I'm head of Scratchin' Weekly. XD
I actually don't appreciate Scratchin' Weekly, tbh. Your application was accepted, though.

millboro
Scratcher
1 post

ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness!

I want to help but what should i do
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

millboro wrote:

I want to help but what should i do
First, don't spam smileys. You need to fill in an application as listed from the original post in this thread, then fill in the spaces. Also, fix up your grammar.

AwesomeScratchUser
New to Scratch
4 posts

Test post.
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Example sentences(s): This is a sentence. An ant crawled on my keyboard.
What does an Editor do? Fix grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes (which I always do in online games xD)
Level of activity 1-10: 7
What do Editors edit: Everything! (for me xD)
Anything else: Don't know

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Firedrake969 wrote:

What does an Editor do? Fix grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes (which I always do in online games xD)
Accepted as an editor! Though, you might want to fix your spacebar. :]

Math_Addict
Scratcher
100+ posts

Example sentence(s): Today, there are millions of Scratchers worldwide. Now, let me ask you, Why did you join Scratch?
Show me some experience: Imagine Inc., Scratch Monthly, Settlers of Inland.
Level of activity 1-10: 5.
Anything else: I'd like to be an author.

Wanting to close this account, but then I'm still having a couple more things to do before I leave this account.
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Math_Addict wrote:

Example sentence(s): Today, there are millions of Scratchers worldwide. Now, let me ask you, Why did you join Scratch?
Show me some experience: Imagine Inc., Scratch Monthly, Settlers of Inland.
Level of activity 1-10: 5.
Anything else: I'd like to be an author.
You have been accepted! It'd be nicer if you were a bit more active, but otherwise, you'll be a great author!

Math_Addict
Scratcher
100+ posts

By the way, I have school! So, I can't give a lot of articles daily. Although, I can do it on weekends.

Wanting to close this account, but then I'm still having a couple more things to do before I leave this account.
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Math_Addict wrote:

By the way, I have school! So, I can't give a lot of articles daily. Although, I can do it on weekends.
Ah, okay. By the way, you don't have to do it daily. You can write an article every now and then and have it in a future issue of Scripts Daily in an open space.

Centrifugal
Scratcher
500+ posts

Author Application
Example sentence(s): On August 8th 2013 Scratch Team member Lightnin announced “rewrites to cloud variables” ,but he then stated that he would not go into specifics concerning the updates.
Show me some experience: The notes on this are pretty good, though I can't show you any straight out writing. If you want, I'll publish an example article.
Level of activity 1-10: 6.7
What will you write: Updates concerning the Scratch Team and possibly interviews with other Scratchers.
Anything else: Nope.

Last edited by Centrifugal (Aug. 16, 2013 12:46:17)

Settlers of Inland - Age of Ƭɍeasoƞ

Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Centrifugal wrote:

Author Application
Example sentence(s): On August 8th 2013 Scratch Team member Lightnin announced “rewrites to cloud variables” ,but he then stated that he would not go into specifics concerning the updates.
Show me some experience: The notes on this are pretty good, though I can't show you any straight out writing. If you want, I'll publish an example article.
What will you write: Updates concerning the Scratch Team and possibly interviews with other Scratchers.

Accepted.

Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

ALL AUTHORS: POST ARTICLES ON THIS THREAD FOR ME TO ADD THEM!

Centrifugal
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tierage wrote:

Centrifugal wrote:

Author Application

Accepted.
Okay, thanks! Can you clarify whether authors are limited to a single article a week or if they must publish at least one a week? Due to lack of updates from the ST I might have to do an interview.

Settlers of Inland - Age of Ƭɍeasoƞ

Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Centrifugal wrote:

Tierage wrote:

Centrifugal wrote:

Author Application

Accepted.
Okay, thanks! Can you clarify whether authors are limited to a single article a week or if they must publish at least one a week? Due to lack of updates from the ST I might have to do an interview.
You can make as many articles as you want. Yet, they will most likely be pending for an open spaces in an issue once there are many articles.

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tierage wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Accepted as an editor! Though, you might want to fix your spacebar. :]
Thanks! Don't worry, my internet is now back up to speed. I really hate lag while typing.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

Issue 4 has been posted.

doonkoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'd like to apply to be an editor. An editor, depending on the type, will either edit typos, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation, or will help make ideas better. My activity level will be around 8. Editors edit typos, grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and ideas. I had an incredible fourth grade teacher, who was very specific about grammar. I do not want to brag, I am saying this as a qualification: I won my school's spelling bee.

“I am pleased a book on science competes with the memoirs of pop stars. Maybe there is some hope for the human race.”
-Stephen Hawking

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.”
-Albert Einstein

“I have noticed people who claim everything is predestined, and that there is nothing we can do to change it, look before they cross the road.”
-Stephen Hawking
dsaztur
Scratcher
500+ posts

Tierage wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

XD LOL, I didn't know we were THAT good. Anyhow, I'd like to apply as an author:
Example sentence(s): As I stood there, I became subtly aware of the tears streaming down my good eye. Despite everything that was happening, I was glad that my body had a helmet; if my subconsciousness was crying, so am I.

I actually don't appreciate Scratchin' Weekly, tbh. Your application was accepted, though.
I think that's a bit rude. (Not because I'm from Scratchin' Weekly)

no
Tierage
Scratcher
500+ posts

doonkoo wrote:

I'd like to apply to be an editor. An editor, depending on the type, will either edit typos, grammar, spelling, capitalization, and punctuation, or will help make ideas better. My activity level will be around 8. Editors edit typos, grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and ideas. I had an incredible fourth grade teacher, who was very specific about grammar. I do not want to brag, I am saying this as a qualification: I won my school's spelling bee.
Accepted.

dsaztur wrote:

Tierage wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

I think that's a bit rude. (Not because I'm from Scratchin' Weekly)
It's mainly because of how it is laid out, and it has excessive spelling and grammar mistakes…
(removed by moderator - please don't speak badly of others)

Last edited by Paddle2See (Aug. 18, 2013 22:19:01)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » ScratchPress: ULTIMATE SCRATCHPAPER! Every Monday and Friday - High quality professional news and awesomeness! [RSS Feed]