500+ posts

Linux

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#192)

zaid1442011 wrote:

open as Linux.

You've got to be kidding me.

Have you, zaid1442011, ever used a Mac?

If so, you probably know about Gatekeeper.

If not, let me explain.

Gatekeeper makes apps not allowed by Apple unable to run. That's pretty much 25% of all Mac apps you can download from the Internet.

If you want Gatekeeper to not get in your way, you need to pay a whole bunch of money to Apple. And it's a pain in the (REDACTED) to get it notarized.

Think about it. Is Mac really an open platform if it's basically controlled by Apple?
You can disable it.

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

Profiles: GitHub.
You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).
Check out this song for @griffpatch https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/887382049/

zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linux

I also forgot to mention that macOS doesn't insert ads and bloatware and doesn't force you to use Safari.

I am a guy who codes weird stuff. Don’t check my GitHub only if you want stupid HTML pages (or something to host them). Check my platformer if you want to see something to see.

You won't understand stuff in my signature because I talk about stuff in the ATs (Advanced Topics).

zaid1442011
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linux

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#194)

zaid1442011 wrote:

macOS is not a prison, it is as open as Linux.
That's what Tim Cook tells people like you through telepathic communications using Thunderbolt and other propietary protocols

Though for developing projects, supporting macOS is much better than having to support Windows. The subtle differences in filesystems, I/O piping, and stuff like that can drive one insane
I am talking about macOS, not Macs.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux

i love linux
btw i use arch
display manager bloat tiling wayland compositor runs on tty on startup through systemd service
bootloader is bloat booting directly through EFI with efistub
im addicted to installing updates i run pacman several times a day i'm literally shaking i need updates
i dwell in the shell
the terminal is my home
i use the testing repositories i want the very latest software
zsh plugin manager themed zsh with font
im totally not going insane
maybe i should try gentoo

(not joking no sarcasm these are my genuine thoughts, feelings, and experiences)

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux

zaid1442011 wrote:

I also forgot to mention that macOS doesn't insert ads and bloatware and doesn't force you to use Safari.
Neither Windows nor Linux does either so that's not the flex you think it is. Also, this is the Linux thread, so we should move on.

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux

zaid1442011 wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

(#194)

zaid1442011 wrote:

macOS is not a prison, it is as open as Linux.
That's what Tim Cook tells people like you through telepathic communications using Thunderbolt and other propietary protocols

Though for developing projects, supporting macOS is much better than having to support Windows. The subtle differences in filesystems, I/O piping, and stuff like that can drive one insane
I am talking about macOS, not Macs.
When was I talking about Macs? The Thunderbolt thing is a joke lool
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linux

Redstone1080 wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

Neither Windows nor Linux does either so that's not the flex you think it is. Also, this is the Linux thread, so we should move on.
Windows 11 does have ads/sponsored links in the start menu

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
amazeyourself
Scratcher
100+ posts

Linux

davidtheplatform wrote:

(#207)

Redstone1080 wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

you can disable it ofc

i like phones

jk i still hate s*nic the hedgedingus
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux

davidtheplatform wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

I use win11 on a daily basis and have never seen them, but ok
Also, it's still the Linux thread

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

Linux

Redstone1080 wrote:

davidtheplatform wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

zaid1442011 wrote:

I use win11 on a daily basis and have never seen them, but ok
Also, it's still the Linux thread
They exist when you first install windows, then go away once you put your own stuff in the start menu or manually remove them.

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
jas1000
Scratcher
100+ posts

Linux

Now let's talk about Linux.
I will be updating now and I will be getting Plasma 6. you know? KDE Plasma?
I'm using openSUSE Tumbleweed (no version number needed as it's a rolling release distro)
Edit: It was broken and i used Snapper to roll back to the point before i updated

Last edited by jas1000 (March 17, 2024 08:43:13)

jhgjidsghsgjdfgsdjghdsgndhhfbx
I make stuff in HTML, CSS and Ruby.
o͟͠o this is my pet you cannot have him

;