Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

I support this
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Sorry for the ugliest necrobump of the new year, but this is the first 3D suggestion I could find. I'll try and get all the duplicates merged with this.

Arcanity
Scratcher
46 posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Sorry for the ugliest necrobump of the new year, but this is the first 3D suggestion I could find. I'll try and get all the duplicates merged with this.
Haha, I was wondering who had necrobumped this… Good idea, there have been so many suggestions for this recently…
stampcollector
Scratcher
58 posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

CheeseMunchy wrote:

You can already make 3D things in Scratch, it's just a little difficult.
Yes, but that is why we want to make it easier.

Welcome to Scratch! Interested in learning about the community? Join the Scratch Committee!
Want to know the latest news in what is happening? Go to the Scratch News Channel!
when green flag clicked
forever

say [I LOVE Computers!!]
move (10000000000) steps
end
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

how about new scratchers coudn't access 3d
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

stampcollector wrote:

CheeseMunchy wrote:

You can already make 3D things in Scratch, it's just a little difficult.
Yes, but that is why we want to make it easier.

exactly
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Shouldn't we just close all the 3D topics?
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

AonymousGuy wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

why
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Blaze349 wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

why
Seeing as how it is very very low on the list of priorities and is likely to not even be considered unless someone can come up with a really really good argument for why it should be implemented.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

AonymousGuy wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

AonymousGuy wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

why
Seeing as how it is very very low on the list of priorities and is likely to not even be considered unless someone can come up with a really really good argument for why it should be implemented.
I have one why shouldn't it be implemented if new scratchers can't access it then scratch would still be beginner friendly
so what else is the problem since I have fixed that problem then why can't 3d scratch happen
AonymousGuy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Blaze349 wrote:

I have one why shouldn't it be implemented if new scratchers can't access it then scratch would still be beginner friendly
so what else is the problem since I have fixed that problem then why can't 3d scratch happen
And if those “New Scratchers” you are talking about already have experience in other languages, how would that be fair? They can't crash it like they can with cloud variables, so there is no reason to restrict them.

3D Scratch can't happen because it takes a lot of work which needs to be focused on moderating and implementing lower-level features.

Even if 3D Scratch was made so lower-level people had to use it, the Scratch Team wants to focus more effort on making features that will make it even easier to create lower-level programs then even easier to create higher-level programs.

Just read the topic “Scratch Design Goals” in this section of the forums.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

AonymousGuy wrote:

Blaze349 wrote:

And if those “New Scratchers” you are talking about already have experience in other languages, how would that be fair? They can't crash it like they can with cloud variables, so there is no reason to restrict them.

3D Scratch can't happen because it takes a lot of work which needs to be focused on moderating and implementing lower-level features.

Even if 3D Scratch was made so lower-level people had to use it, the Scratch Team wants to focus more effort on making features that will make it even easier to create lower-level programs then even easier to create higher-level programs.

Just read the topic “Scratch Design Goals” in this section of the forums.
New scratchers can wait to become scratchers first it took me ages to become a scratcher but I waited even though my brother scratch342 became a scratcher before though we started at the same time and he had not been on the forums at all
ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Scratch 3D will never be made because MIT has already created a 3D programming language called StarLogo TNG. End of story.

stampcollector
Scratcher
58 posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Mozzi64 wrote:

jvvg said:

8. 3D Scratch
Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to pick up. Adding 3D would make the language extremely complicated, and much more difficult for beginners to understand. If you wish to try a 3D programming language, I recommend trying Alice.
Even though it is possible, at least make the sprites in 3-D but only available to Regular Scratchers.

Welcome to Scratch! Interested in learning about the community? Join the Scratch Committee!
Want to know the latest news in what is happening? Go to the Scratch News Channel!
when green flag clicked
forever

say [I LOVE Computers!!]
move (10000000000) steps
end
JsnPrkr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Read this forum's “READ THIS” post about suggestions that won't be implemented and why.

Scratch is a great learning platform, but it has limitations because it's designed to be simple and approachable. Max out on what you can do with it and then graduate to a more advanced language.

Budding Scratchologist

Game: Pogo The Penguin
Gadgets: Drop-Down Menu, FlexibleSlider Control, Flexible Keyboard at UI Control Studio
Studio: The Dynamic A.I. Studio (Submit your A.I. project for inclusion!)

PLEASE CONSIDER… Handing out a quick solution on the first pass is a VERY EFFECTIVE way to sabotage a learning opportunity. Telling someone “it's easy” is a good way, too.
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

JsnPrkr wrote:

Read this forum's “READ THIS” post about suggestions that won't be implemented and why.

Scratch is a great learning platform, but it has limitations because it's designed to be simple and approachable. Max out on what you can do with it and then graduate to a more advanced language.

I disagree
seanbobe
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

jvvg wrote:

8. 3D Scratch
Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to pick up. Adding 3D would make the language extremely complicated, and much more difficult for beginners to understand. If you wish to try a 3D programming language, I recommend trying Alice.
plus 3d is bad for ages 7 and under.

Last edited by seanbobe (March 10, 2014 22:41:54)

Sadly my kumquat was eaten by an evil signature.
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

Blaze349 wrote:

JsnPrkr wrote:

I disagree
please explain.

Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

stampcollector wrote:

Alice is a different program; a harder way of scratch and is in 3-D. You can also make sprites do twice as much as what you could do for motion on Scratch.
*mega face palm*
if scratch was 3d it would be harder. there is no such ting as easy 3d.
it has been rejected and will stay that way.
READ THE STICKY PEOPLE!
srry for being rude

Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch 3D AN IDEA

If anyone is wondering, there is already 3D Scratch.

StarLogo TNG is also made by MIT and has similar blocks to Scratch blocks. Only harder, so give it a try, test your skills. Try to understand it, and then you will learn the difficulty.

Also, Blaze349, what about the New Scratchers that are experts in programming? Give a good solution to that, and the ST might even consider making TNG easier…

Scratch On!

…..