Discuss Scratch

scratchgodo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Search for block _________ (54-0, all support!)

Roblox888i wrote:

No support, Not needed
Please say why it is not needed.

King of the page.

Last edited by scratchgodo (Jan. 6, 2022 11:37:11)

(Thanks to butterfly_cat8 for part of the thumbnail for Cat TV used in this banner.)

Suggest purple things on my profile I can feed to Cat Posts, Cat Comments, Cat Replies or even better the Cat Profile in the link.
Myst--
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! This could really help with messy projects or when you're trying to identify mistakes.

-+-+-+-ʜᴇʟʟᴏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ!-+-+-+-
.⋆。⋆☂˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆✧。.♥⋆。˚⋆。⋆.
+*:ꔫ:*﹤(⁄ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ⁄)゚˚₊⋆· ͟͟͞͞➳❥
.༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧༺♥༻.
-+-+-ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴅᴀʏ!-+-+-
10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Scratch Team should put this feature request on the top of their most needed list. Having a block search feature would be so helpful to anyone who begins to write projects that no longer completely on the the screen. It would help beginners, It would help people who want to remix other projects, and should also be a major help any teachers who try to understand and evaluate projects by their students.

I’m also going to tack on a suggestion that the moderators allow someone to restart this discussion with a newly created topic. I know that the rule is to close new topics in favor of the oldest topic to “keep the discussion in one place” but I don’t feel that this topic is best serving our needs for this discussion.
  • It was created in 2015 and things have changed.
  • The author seems to be inactive.
  • The original post is not being updated.
  • The original post has a long list of supporters which does not add anything constructive
  • In Scratch 2.0 we at least had the ability to search for senders and receivers of broadcast messages and that’s gone now.
  • In 2015 we didn’t have a working search in Turbowarp that lets us actually try using this type of feature.
  • There are seven pages of posts and most of them are just “bump” and “support” making it very difficult to find constructive comments.
  • And of course the prototype search by DadofMrLog that is mentioned on the first post isn’t something that can be seen anymore.

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.

Jackson49_test
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump
cs2627883
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! I wish for this feature a lot.

Sometimes I spam the
 ask [] and wait 
block to debug my code, and I lose track of them when I fix the bug.

Sometimes I have multiple sprites using the pen at the same time, and I need to eliminate all but one
 clear
block.

Sometimes I have a variable conflict, and I want to find where the variable is used.

Sometimes I have to comb through my code to remove all uses of a custom block before I can delete it.
unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump because dupe

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

Found interesting, funny or plain good posts? Send them here!

Notebook | Ocular | me has a profile chatroom | The amazing triple ninja'd