Discuss Scratch

papipupepappa
Scratcher
100+ posts

Search for block _________ (54-0, all support!)

Support!

This is one of the biggest problems with Scratch in my opinion (along with the absence of a proper undo function).
SmurphyOutfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Maybe a window pops up and you can drag a script into it to search? Easier to understand then typing the block.
threecatsmumu
Scratcher
37 posts

Best idea ever scratch teaam should do

GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

threecatsmumu wrote:

Best idea ever scratch teaam should do

Please be constructive; no offence to you or them but the Scratch Team implements suggestions based off of the reasoning of the supporters and not the amount of them. It's also generally good practice to give constructive criticism and provoke discussion, and trust me that you will get special importance for it.

Support.

Finding specific blocks is also generally annoying if you're making a project involving a lot of complex code, and you need to find a define block or a variable usage but it's hidden away in the giant code. I've also had problems in collaborations when I joined when the project was already half-finished, and I was trying to find a specific define block but there were so many string manipulation and cloud scripts that it was nearly impossible to.

Oh, and this would also be useful for New Scratchers if they want to explore a project's code to learn how to code better themselves. They could jump from code to code easily and solve a sort of puzzle to find out how a project works.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
-CRINGEworks-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Why isn't this feature already implemented? This is a very great idea!

100% SUPPORT!! This will make going through projects easier!
garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(I am aware that this topic was made pre-3.0)
Support, but what about mobile? Don't come at me like “you can't Scratch on mobile” because it's entirely possible. Would there be a button on the strip with remix, project name, etc? Or would you have to long-tap (mobile equivalent of right click) and it's in the menu with Undo, Delete x blocks, etc. If there was a button, that would really be great. Once I get on my computer, I'll make a mock-up.

-G

AmazingMech2418
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In Scratch 2.0, there was an option to go to the definition of a custom block, but it was removed in Scratch 3.0. In my opinion, at least that should be added, so support!

I'm a programmer, ethical hacker, and space nerd!

Last edited by Neil Armstrong (July 20, 1969 20:17:00)

sam
ipaddude
Scratcher
100+ posts

sUPPORT

i sure hope osu lazer will support gnu hurd

arch btw ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
test
-CRINGEworks-
Scratcher
100+ posts

IMPLEMENT THIS THIS WILL BE AWESOME
Burgher1679
Scratcher
1000+ posts

supporttt i want that feature nowww

© 2020 - 2021 M-INDUSTRIES
Miao::#0000ff//Miao
cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheesyfriedeggs2 wrote:

No support. This goes against the Scratch motto of "Imagine, Program, Share". How can you expect to learn programming in such a coddling, easy environment?
Isn't Scratch meant to be a way for kids to easily learn programming?
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheesyfriedeggs2 wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs2 wrote:

No support. This goes against the Scratch motto of "Imagine, Program, Share". How can you expect to learn programming in such a coddling, easy environment?
If you look at a lot of Scratch's design elements, you'll see that it takes more of a “deep end” approach by intentionally making the programming experience as difficult as possible. The idea here is that after children master an impossibly hard method of programming, easier languages like C++ will come naturally to them.
Did… did you just argue with yourself?

cheesyfriedeggs
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs2 wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs wrote:

cheesyfriedeggs2 wrote:

If you look at a lot of Scratch's design elements, you'll see that it takes more of a “deep end” approach by intentionally making the programming experience as difficult as possible. The idea here is that after children master an impossibly hard method of programming, easier languages like C++ will come naturally to them.
Did… did you just argue with yourself?
They're pretending to be me.
Catie623
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oof sorry, I don't know if I already supported this, but I do- it could be very helpful, especially when you're making games with lots of code such as platformers (I know from experience that the code gets jumbled up). It would make it very easy to quickly jump from code to code, and not have to look around for the code that's hidden behind the other code… Support.

hey! there's more to my siggy, ctrl + shift + down arrow to see it!

Thanks to @ChocolateRain101 from the Rain or Shine Art Shop for uploading this! :)

helo if u are here that was like 2020 me and this is 2023 me which is cool im almost out of 8th grade so im almost in high school which is interesting and i feel like ive come so far and grown so much i identify now as aroace and possibly genderfluid and u should support the lgbtq community bc homophobia is not slay so like yeah that's me, keep being who you are–which is awesome. bye yall
RealChutacoPlayz
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support already, since I'm doing a remix and can't find the
<key [ v] pressed?>
blocks.

What will you do on Kirby's 30th anniversary?
Sorry, an evil kumquat hacked my account and keeps changing my signature
dogeofsteel
Scratcher
100+ posts

support, this is very intuitive and could be helpful for finding bugs, etc.

i havn't been on the forums in a long time
--Explosion--
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Griffpatch already made this He has a browser extension that I'm not allowed to mention that I use. Support though, this would be very helpful to find blocks, also, could this also be for costumes?

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)
✰✩✭✴★--Explosion--★✴✭✩✰
Forum helper | boy | platformers | 14yrs | guitar | website

ColourfulPixels
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! I spent a lot of time to find a block in a sprite code with a 1000 blocks today.

Hi there! I hope you're having a great day! Remember to stay positive :)
100daysummer
Scratcher
85 posts

Support!
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump