I wanna join. I will post some art later
FarAwayGames
Scratcher
100+ posts

Spots Are Running Out Fast! Join Now! / Zelda Based Action RPG [NOW HIRING]

awesome-astronaut wrote:

FarAwayGames wrote:

awesome-astronaut wrote:

Hey Far Away Games, if you're there, can you help me with something? On my game using your scrolling engine, I want to make a particle effect of smoke rising from a chimney. I want to know the scripting of how you would do that.
I'm sorry I've been kinda inactive. We have the equivalent of finals coming up, so I'm studying a lot. Let me see about smoke. I'm not sure about coding buildings. The project is pretty old for me now, but if i have the time, I'll do it. Anyways, I'm gonna work on the smoke for now, because that's more fun

It's not the tale of Rindra project, it's my adventure game Tale of Twin Blades and since I'm not really good with programming, I thought you could help me here and there with it. Also, a problem I'm having is that there are so many things in the game that need collisions, like NPCs, puzzle elements, and other things like that, but I can't figure out how to make the character collide with so many sprites.

I think I know what you are talking about… I would recommend just an exhaustive if loop with a bunch of or statements. Or, II could see defining every collision sprite in some list… but I'm not sure how well that would work…

awesome-astronaut
Scratcher
100+ posts

FarAwayGames wrote:

awesome-astronaut wrote:

FarAwayGames wrote:

awesome-astronaut wrote:

Hey Far Away Games, if you're there, can you help me with something? On my game using your scrolling engine, I want to make a particle effect of smoke rising from a chimney. I want to know the scripting of how you would do that.
I'm sorry I've been kinda inactive. We have the equivalent of finals coming up, so I'm studying a lot. Let me see about smoke. I'm not sure about coding buildings. The project is pretty old for me now, but if i have the time, I'll do it. Anyways, I'm gonna work on the smoke for now, because that's more fun

It's not the tale of Rindra project, it's my adventure game Tale of Twin Blades and since I'm not really good with programming, I thought you could help me here and there with it. Also, a problem I'm having is that there are so many things in the game that need collisions, like NPCs, puzzle elements, and other things like that, but I can't figure out how to make the character collide with so many sprites.

I think I know what you are talking about… I would recommend just an exhaustive if loop with a bunch of or statements. Or, II could see defining every collision sprite in some list… but I'm not sure how well that would work…

That's what I was afraid of, that it would take the same repetitive code only with a different object every time. I'm just thinking it would cause tons of lag. Maybe find some way to use custom blocks?

Check out my Legend of Zelda story on Wattpad! (appropriate for 10+)

https://www.wattpad.com/story/190522961-the-wind-waker-a-legend-of-zelda-novel
FarAwayGames
Scratcher
100+ posts

awesome-astronaut wrote:

FarAwayGames wrote:

awesome-astronaut wrote:

FarAwayGames wrote:

awesome-astronaut wrote:

That's what I was afraid of, that it would take the same repetitive code only with a different object every time. I'm just thinking it would cause tons of lag. Maybe find some way to use custom blocks?

I don't have much time tight now to think, but I'll be thinking about it at school today

minebolt44
Scratcher
59 posts

Guys i got something really crazy to show which could make this really great! I have gotten a simple loop to loop at 20x a second without turbo mode!
I'll share the project so you can see it. This might make doing scroller updates a lot quicker!

Need a Programmer? Ask me!
when green flag clicked
forever
program :: more blocks
for[anybody] :: operators
and[me] :: motion
end
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

minebolt44 wrote:

Guys i got something really crazy to show which could make this really great! I have gotten a simple loop to loop at 20x a second without turbo mode!
I'll share the project so you can see it. This might make doing scroller updates a lot quicker!
I'll take a look at it

EDIT: Where is it?

Last edited by Tropic (May 16, 2015 09:26:07)

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Last eaten by Evil Kumquat (Today 19:30:11)
when I receive [flash_player_version] :: motion
say [Windows 7, Flash 15.0 (release 0)] :: sensing
stop script :: custom
Tropical Productions
minebolt44
Scratcher
59 posts

I'm sharing it now! Hope you like it! could fix a lot of problems

when green flag clicked
forever
end
lbruns
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sorry for the inactivity. I've been very busy! I hope to get started again!

minebolt44
Scratcher
59 posts

lbruns wrote:

Yeah this week i won't be able to get on, very busy too! school is out though so i will be on more frequently!

when green flag clicked
forever
end
Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

minebolt44 wrote:

lbruns wrote:

Yeah this week i won't be able to get on, very busy too! school is out though so i will be on more frequently!
I just got back from vacation so I'll be active for 2 weeks!
(I'll be gone again after 2 weeks for another 4 weeks)

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Firefox 40.0.2, Flash 20.0 (release 0)
Tropical Productions
zachtopaz
Scratcher
7 posts

i like to apply for a dungeon designer please im reeeeeeeaaalyy good at designing dungeons
FarAwayGames
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alright, I'm not sure if you guys didn't know, but I'm quitting from this collab. Sorry..

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FarAwayGames wrote:

Alright, I'm not sure if you guys didn't know, but I'm quitting from this collab. Sorry..

I don't think the collaboration is active any way though

Tropical Productions
lbruns
Scratcher
500+ posts

FarAwayGames wrote:

Sorry to see you go!

lbruns
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm HOPEFULLY active now sorry for the teaser before Sorry for the inactivity, but now I have *my school computer again so I will be more active and I probably won't be able to get on as much because school and sports are taking up a lot of time. Thanks!

Last edited by lbruns (Aug. 25, 2015 00:12:15)

FarAwayGames
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have just unfollowed the topic, but message my profile if you need me or the collab becomes more active.

the_pumpkin_pi
Scratcher
100+ posts

I could do all to do with pixelart(Bitmap)
Example

Last edited by the_pumpkin_pi (Dec. 12, 2015 21:17:33)

IN IT TO WIN IT!

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the_pumpkin_pi wrote:

I could do all to do with pixelart(Bitmap)
Example
Hmm yeah problem is like everyone in this collaboration is inactive except for me xD

Tropical Productions
lbruns
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yeah probably, I think I'm going to officially leave scratch and go on to html css java script etc anyone can pick up if they would like

Tropic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lbruns wrote:

Yeah probably, I think I'm going to officially leave scratch and go on to html css java script etc anyone can pick up if they would like
Or you could join me developing outside Scratch in JS, (HTML & CSS), Python, Java, PHP, maybe even SQL
For outside Scratch collaboration, GitHub is a great tool. (I'm @TropicSapling on Github)

Tropical Productions