Discuss Scratch

NerdPresident
Scratcher
25 posts

Official Host Transfer Topic | Christian HQ

Who says we have to tell anyone? As long as it’s not directly mentioned at all that the account is shared, can ST prove that it is?

Edit: I find it funny how I’m the only non-manager(and atheist) trying to help with the situation by providing some bad ideas lol

Last edited by NerdPresident (May 13, 2024 23:43:43)

I’m just a somewhat sensitive ginger who believes that gingers don’t exist
-Halo
-Fallout
-Atheism

Generation 5: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment

I’m working on a story about a boy of the Last Village on Earth
Mathboss12
Scratcher
100+ posts

NerdPresident wrote:

Who says we have to tell anyone? As long as it’s not directly mentioned at all that the account is shared, can ST prove that it is?

Edit: I find it funny how I’m the only non-manager(and atheist) trying to help with the situation by providing some bad ideas lol

Yes. When Bandit in Australia pings the server moments after Expo in South America and I in NA log out, it’s kind of a dead giveaway.

And no, I’m not using quantum tunneling as an excuse.

Edit: although, I guess I could say I was playing around with my vpn…

Last edited by Mathboss12 (May 14, 2024 00:12:57)

Hello World
-ΣΒ

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Also Rivers & Robots “Burn for You” really hits
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mathboss12 wrote:

NerdPresident wrote:

Yes. When Bandit in Australia pings the server moments after Expo in South America and I in NA log out, it’s kind of a dead giveaway.

And no, I’m not using quantum tunneling as an excuse.

Edit: although, I guess I could say I was playing around with my vpn…

ST is going to check off on our host transfer by looking at the topic. I don't think that is a good idea.

Let's get back on topic.

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

I mentioned this earlier but not sure if anybody saw… i need some input over the ChristianHQTeam update, does anybody have anything we want to add?? I know some people have been asking about the Studio Host transfer
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

I mentioned this earlier but not sure if anybody saw… i need some input over the ChristianHQTeam update, does anybody have anything we want to add?? I know some people have been asking about the Studio Host transfer

I think that @ChristianHQTeam probably isn't the best idea. Perhaps an informative update topic on the collaboration forum where multiple managers and other members of CHQ can work on updates collectively is a better one. Either way, we appreciate your service to CHQ.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Mathboss12
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

I think that @ChristianHQTeam probably isn't the best idea. Perhaps an informative update topic on the collaboration forum where multiple managers and other members of CHQ can work on updates collectively is a better one. Either way, we appreciate your service to CHQ.

That could work! I think it might be a good idea to have ChristianHQTeam be the owner of the new topic, and have an updated list of updates in the main topic?

Hello World
-ΣΒ

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

That's a go

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

That could work! I think it might be a good idea to have ChristianHQTeam be the owner of the new topic, and have an updated list of updates in the main topic?
We could put the topic in the description of the studio when the new manager is updated

however i think it's easier for CHQ members to see it in the comments of CHQ as well
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

That's a go

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

We could put the topic in the description of the studio when the new manager is updated

however i think it's easier for CHQ members to see it in the comments of CHQ as well
But what is the point of having another CHQ account if nobody else can access it?

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Mathboss12
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

That's a go

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

But what is the point of having another CHQ account if nobody else can access it?
No matter how we do it, there will only be one person who can edit the post, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be bandit.

Hello World
-ΣΒ

-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

That's a go

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

No matter how we do it, there will only be one person who can edit the post, so I don’t see why it shouldn’t be bandit.

what I'm saying is this:
You know how I am hosting the host transfer topic but everyone can post on it? something like that.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

As per this dicussion I had with @S-T-A-R_W-A-R-S, it is safe to rule her out from studio ownership candidacy. If you would like to be a candidate in the line of succession, just say so as soon as possible

Remaining candidate(s):

-Expo
Bandit_MVR_2023
Jets-fan-2187
superherosusan

Meanwhile Jets-fan-2187, Jonathan50, help_the_animals, Mathboss12 and many other curators too numerous to count has recomended that -Expo becomes host of Christian HQ

Last edited by -Expo (May 15, 2024 18:57:52)

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We can consider @superherosusan up for the chopping block in terms of the Host transfer on the grounds of innactivity. if this progresses, we can start the process of Manager Demotion as well as @S-T-A-R_W-A-R-S by her request.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Officer_Kevin-
Scratcher
12 posts

I think the host being changed is a great idea. Especially since it’s such an enormous studio.

Hello! I’m relatively new to the forums, so if I do something wrong somehow (idk how this place works fully) then please show me a bit of mercy ;v;
Thanku
Mathboss12
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Expo wrote:

We can consider @superherosusan up for the chopping block in terms of the Host transfer on the grounds of innactivity. if this progresses, we can start the process of Manager Demotion as well as @S-T-A-R_W-A-R-S by her request.

I think superherosusan has been active in the past three months, which disqualifies her from demotion.
I personally will be ineligible for host-ship because I will be gone from the end of May until early August, and I also vouch for expo to become the host of the studio.

Hello World
-ΣΒ

-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

I think superherosusan has been active in the past three months, which disqualifies her from demotion.
I personally will be ineligible for host-ship because I will be gone from the end of May until early August, and I also vouch for expo to become the host of the studio.
The problem is, up until the April 16, 2024 @superherosusan had shown no activity in scratch and Christian HQ for that time being (3+ months). I think it was only the hand of God (Maradona reference) that @superherosusan showed up to answer this topic by agreeing to the preliminary stage. Of course, the manager demotion rules came from a time when Christian HQ had a problem with overcrowding managers. This project was made over 4 years ago and hasn't been revised since then. I think once we do have our new host one of the first executive actions we need to take is a revision to the demotion process.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If @superherosusan gets ruled out for host candidacy, it looks like in democratic-republican terms that I have the landslide and the popular opinion for the studio host ownership of CHQ. However, we cannot have a confirmed candidate until there is only 1 left. And according to #112, there are only 4 candidates left.

as stage 2 rages on, I was wondering if we should add another stage, “Stage 2.5” in which I will add to OP if necessary:

Not in these exact words, but a basic summary for the lolz at ST:
Stage 2.5 will happen when the first half of Stage 2 is complete and will be completed when there are clear candidates for the succession of hosts

or better yet, we can add the succession of hosts to stage 2. Who knows. but here are all of the candidates for Vice-Host:

Candidates for Vice-Host

Jets-fan-2187
Jonathan50
help_the_animals
Mathboss12

everyone after vice host will ideally fall in the line of succession in order.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

The problem is, up until the April 16, 2024 @superherosusan had shown no activity in scratch and Christian HQ for that time being (3+ months). I think it was only the hand of God (Maradona reference) that @superherosusan showed up to answer this topic by agreeing to the preliminary stage. Of course, the manager demotion rules came from a time when Christian HQ had a problem with overcrowding managers. This project was made over 4 years ago and hasn't been revised since then. I think once we do have our new host one of the first executive actions we need to take is a revision to the demotion process.
I'm willing to grandfather all of the current managers so that if the timespan gets shortened, it will not affect any of the original managers.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Hope_In_The_Cross
Scratcher
12 posts

lol alr I've been reading through this and I definitely agree that it's best if we just have a single host. I personally think Mathboss12 or Expo would be a great host for this studio- not saying the other managers wouldn't tho
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

-Expo wrote:

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

That's a go

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

what I'm saying is this:
You know how I am hosting the host transfer topic but everyone can post on it? something like that.

its a good idea but it might be a bit chaotic with the different managers, we might have to organize a roster for it??