Discuss Scratch

-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Official Host Transfer Topic | Christian HQ

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

I do announce that it is safe to say that since the debate has gone nowhere and all of the managers collectively agree that I should be the host of Christian HQ, it is my pleasure to start the transfer process with the Scratch Team. I would not expect anything to happen until fall, but until then it is up for the rest of the studio to decide who will be the Vice Host of Christian HQ.

I love you guys very much!
-Expo

there's something wrong here:

“debate has gone nowhere” yes because we haven't really gotten started yet?
“managers collectively agree” no, not all and not within writing, you cannot prove that we all said you should definitely have the Studio Host role of Christian HQ
I don't know about you, but since #170 I have been debating…

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright bandit. when was the last time you have proactive in the studio?

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

also would like to say, wouldn't it be difficult for @-Expo to be long-term studio host as according to this comment thread: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Bandit_MVR_2023/#comments-325099238 the curator list for him hasn't updated since 2022 and he'd repeatedly have to ask other managers to do so for him? wouldn't it be more sensible to have someone that can scroll down the entirety of the curator list? especially as sometimes we struggle with trolls and stuff like that.
of course i'm not saying the managers WOULDN'T be happy to help, i'm just suggesting that we could also put that under review?
the main idea of being a host is to change the description, closing comments down, and to preform tasks that we can't do. Adding managers provided they come shouldn't be too much of an ordeal. I'm also getting a more powerful computer after this, so when I come back in the summer I will see a detailed and current curator list.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Mathboss12
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

also would like to say, wouldn't it be difficult for @-Expo to be long-term studio host as according to this comment thread: https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Bandit_MVR_2023/#comments-325099238 the curator list for him hasn't updated since 2022 and he'd repeatedly have to ask other managers to do so for him? wouldn't it be more sensible to have someone that can scroll down the entirety of the curator list? especially as sometimes we struggle with trolls and stuff like that.
of course i'm not saying the managers WOULDN'T be happy to help, i'm just suggesting that we could also put that under review?
the main idea of being a host is to change the description, closing comments down, and to preform tasks that we can't do. Adding managers provided they come shouldn't be too much of an ordeal. I'm also getting a more powerful computer after this, so when I come back in the summer I will see a detailed and current curator list.

… wdym “coming back in the summer”? How long are you going to be gone? And does this mean you are forfeiting?

Hello World
-ΣΒ

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Also Rivers & Robots “Burn for You” really hits
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mathboss12 wrote:

-Expo wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

… wdym “coming back in the summer”? How long are you going to be gone? And does this mean you are forfeiting?
No, I am not forfeiting. I'm taking a break because of football.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
superherosusan
Scratcher
4 posts

I think MathBoss12 would be great for vice host
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

-Expo wrote:

Alright bandit. when was the last time you have proactive in the studio?

I'm active in the studio literally every day??
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

Well if you're not active until august, should I automatically become Host so we can speed up the process and start getting used to the idea of a host again, trial me as host and perhaps test out some vice hosts, and then make a permanent decision when you return?? i think making the studio wait for more decisions until august isnt really fair.
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

Well if you're not active until august, should I automatically become Host so we can speed up the process and start getting used to the idea of a host again, trial me as host and perhaps test out some vice hosts, and then make a permanent decision when you return?? i think making the studio wait for more decisions until august isnt really fair.
that's what I'm saying.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

But also, there are only 2 people standing in the way of a more anticipated candidate, myself. I don't know how this is coming across because there is no possible way to discern tone on scratch, but 2 people vs. the rest of the studio is looking pretty slim to me. Suppose if I did not have such a demanding job I would have prepared more, but at the end of the day Scratch is nothing more than a website on the world wide web. Technically, if we agreed on majority rule in the preliminary stage, I would be able to say “(blank) is vice host until I return” but no, I like to keep things professional. we're butchering an already dead chicken so to speak

Last edited by -Expo (May 24, 2024 00:26:51)

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

Also, if @-Expo is inactive every year for this period of time, that's quite a while for a Vice-Host to be in charge (not that I doubt anybody here in their capabilities). I do go away a bit, but not for long periods of time e.g. May to August or anything like that. You're very dedicated to your football, and that's excellent.
Hope_In_The_Cross
Scratcher
12 posts

-Expo wrote:

But also, there are only 2 people standing in the way of a more anticipated candidate, myself. I don't know how this is coming across because there is no possible way to discern tone on scratch, but 2 people vs. the rest of the studio is looking pretty slim to me. Suppose if I did not have such a demanding job I would have prepared more, but at the end of the day Scratch is nothing more than a website on the world wide web. Technically, if we agreed on majority rule in the preliminary stage, I would be able to say “(blank) is vice host until I return” but no, I like to keep things professional. we're butchering an already dead chicken so to speak
who are the two people?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

Bandit_MVR_2023 wrote:

Also, if @-Expo is inactive every year for this period of time, that's quite a while for a Vice-Host to be in charge (not that I doubt anybody here in their capabilities). I do go away a bit, but not for long periods of time e.g. May to August or anything like that. You're very dedicated to your football, and that's excellent.
I like to put God before football. Say if it so happened for me to be host, that period of time would give the other vice hosts a time to shine

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hope_In_The_Cross wrote:

-Expo wrote:

who are the two people?
Bandit & Allen respectively.

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

-Expo wrote:

But two MANAGERS verse part of the studio, both Allen and I are respected and have supporters within the studio.
Hope_In_The_Cross
Scratcher
12 posts

-Expo wrote:

Hope_In_The_Cross wrote:

-Expo wrote:

who are the two people?
Bandit & Allen respectively.
yeah, I'd agree with them respectively lol
Predicador
Scratcher
16 posts

I'm certainly no expert, but sometimes I do so happen to stalk that chat lol.

I feel like bandit and allen are holding up the process. The curators and managers made it clear that we the studio wanted facundo (-Expo) to be host of Christian HQ, it is just those two managers throwing a monkey wrench into the process (an american idiom I learned today ) of the host transfer as if they don't want him to become host. facundo is very wise, godly and knowledgeable, and he is like brother to me. On behalf of your fellow curators at Christian HQ, could you guys step down so that facundo can take the lead into progress? this is what God wants.

Carlos <3

@-Expo's cousin. He's a cool guy, so check him out
I'm also cool I think / @-Expo's primo. Es un tipo genial, así que échale un vistazo,
yo también soy genial creo que soy

Messi the goat!
Hope_In_The_Cross
Scratcher
12 posts

We don't need to make any rash decisions- the host will be permanent for as long as we know so it's important to choose one wisely.

Edit: Definitely not trying to say that anyone would be a bad host! I just think this could be settled better.

Last edited by Hope_In_The_Cross (May 24, 2024 00:44:04)

Bandit_MVR_2023
Scratcher
96 posts

Hope_In_The_Cross wrote:

We don't need to make any rash decisions- the host will be permanent for as long as we know so it's important to choose one wisely.

Agreed, that's why Allen and I are deeply discussing, both praying and thinking about it.
BobsBehindTheOrange
Scratcher
9 posts

We need maybe a debate or a official poll or something.