Discuss Scratch

Ryan_shamu_YT
Scratcher
26 posts

Free hosting options for python. (Used for scratchattach servers and similar)

bump(this topic)

I am still alive
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

raspberry pi should be removed as “Used for scratchattach servers and similar” doesn't apply to it. and the non free hosting ops should be removed due to “Free hosting options for python.”

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
Ryan_shamu_YT
Scratcher
26 posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

raspberry pi should be removed as “Used for scratchattach servers and similar” doesn't apply to it. and the non free hosting ops should be removed due to “Free hosting options for python.”
Raspberry Pi is a micro pc, does not take up much space and you can leave it there running 24/7, with the disadvantage of power cuts, but it can be used for pretty much anything, hosting a minecraft server, running a website, but it does have it's limits since it is a Micro PC, but you could still use it!

Last edited by Ryan_shamu_YT (May 25, 2024 14:55:43)

I am still alive
Ryan_shamu_YT
Scratcher
26 posts

SillyDev is removing all servers with scratchattach

I am still alive
ninjaMAR
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#144)
do you know why?
TheMobileGames
Scratcher
100+ posts

ninjaMAR wrote:

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#144)
do you know why?

They said this on their server:

TOS / Rules change - 1st June
From the 1st June, bots interacting with the platform ``scratch`` using the package ``scratchattach`` (or similar) will be suspended. This is one of many changes we are making to improve our services. This rule applies for free and paid tier.

—————————— —————————— —————————— —————————— ——————————
A way to make any game easily mobile (no remixing needed): https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/733837
My mobile engine (use to add buttons/controls to a game): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/778848092/
—————————— —————————— —————————— —————————— ——————————
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#143)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Raspberry Pi is a micro pc, does not take up much space and you can leave it there running 24/7, with the disadvantage of power cuts, but it can be used for pretty much anything, hosting a minecraft server, running a website, but it does have it's limits since it is a Micro PC, but you could still use it!
you think scratchattach is being hosted on timmccool's raspberry pi

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#143)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

nope, on his chromebook /j

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#148)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#143)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

/imseriousandstopjoking

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
ninjaMAR
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

(#147)
i tried to use my raspberry pi as a server
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#148)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Ryan_shamu_YT wrote:

(#143)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

/imseriousandstopjoking
No thank you /j

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#151)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

-snip-
No thank you /j
he is using back4app

Last edited by TheCommCraft (May 27, 2024 18:07:53)

Random Project

spamton.gif

DUNGEON_EXPLORATION_03_02_23_01
COMPILED VERSION FOR HIGHER SPEED
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheCommCraft wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#151)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

-snip-
No thank you /j
he is using back4app
Does that cost money?

-cloudcoding-

-gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i like danbot but it does require an account on a nono (13+) site to sign up, so probably not a viable option at least on a scratch forum post

Last edited by -gr (May 27, 2024 23:19:52)

-gr: forumer | scratcher | professional exister

1900+ forum posts / 5+ years on Scratch

me on postpercent [broken] / me on github / me on scratch
highlight this text and shift+down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Terms of Use wrote:

4.4 You may only submit user-generated projects that were created with (1) the Scratch website editor or (2) an unmodified copy of the Scratch editor compiled from the source code described in Section 5.3. You may not upload any projects that were created, by you or by anyone else, with a modified version of the Scratch editor.
oh shoot well i broke that rule (i use turbowarp sometimes)
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-gr wrote:

(#154)
i like danbot but it does require an account on a nono (13+) site to sign up, so probably not a viable option at least on a scratch forum post
discard?

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
-gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

-gr wrote:

(#154)
discard?
yeah

Last edited by -gr (May 28, 2024 11:58:18)

Terms of Use wrote:

4.4 You may only submit user-generated projects that were created with (1) the Scratch website editor or (2) an unmodified copy of the Scratch editor compiled from the source code described in Section 5.3. You may not upload any projects that were created, by you or by anyone else, with a modified version of the Scratch editor.
-gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

regardless, danbot deserves these tags:
(iafue)

Terms of Use wrote:

Ryan_shamu_YT
Scratcher
26 posts

You can use a raspberry pi to host, just have some basic knowledge of inux.

I am still alive
julmik6478
Scratcher
500+ posts

Add https://replit.com/

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature

My acounts in some websites:
youtube
planet minecraft
mcreator
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

julmik6478 wrote:

Add https://replit.com/
Replit changed their pricing so you have to pay for hosting.

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.