Discuss Scratch

Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

Free hosting options for python. (Used for scratchattach servers and similar)

-unrelated- wrote:

Reply here for help setting up a server on one of these services or if you know any other than the ones listed here:

• pythonanywhere (rdfue)
  • fly.io (mafku)
  • deta.space (iflu) (guide: here)
  • self-host on raspberry pi (iacue)
  • codesandbox (mafup)
  • glitch.com (Mafup)
  • crystalhost.xyz (Madfue)
  • more?

i = unlimited free runtime/bandwidth
r = almost unlimited free runtime/bandwidth (e.g. refresh needed every now and then or high limits)
m = limited free runtime/bandwidth (e.g. 1000 minutes per month)
M = m, but enough for one perma running project
a = arbitrary internet access (no limitation like on pythonanywhere)
d = database included
c = cheap but not free
f = free
k = credit card required
l = limited access
u = not ip banned
e = easy to set up
p = pinging needed
? = tags not complete yet
Nice list

Hello, I like to do coding.
My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maximouse wrote:

(#76)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

what about heroku? its free with that eco dyno hour stuff i think
Their website says Eco costs $5 per month: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/eco-dyno-hours
oh well, i guess it can be added to the paid stuff.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheCommCraft wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#78)

-unrelated- wrote:

TheCommCraft wrote:

Vercel seems to be perfect for now but I'll do some testing first.
After some research, I conclude that Vercel cannot be used for scratchattach hosting but it can be used for flask servers and perhaps as a pinging system for glitch
Ooh someine should make that.
I think it could be possible to setup a vercel proxy thingy website where a requests leads to a requests to something else (like glitch). And then one could use uptimerobot to regularly ping that.
Wait vercel needs pinging? Because then you could just use glitch.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

crystalhost.xyz is an option
Looks like the best.

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

TheCommCraft wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#78)

-unrelated- wrote:

TheCommCraft wrote:

Vercel seems to be perfect for now but I'll do some testing first.
After some research, I conclude that Vercel cannot be used for scratchattach hosting but it can be used for flask servers and perhaps as a pinging system for glitch
Ooh someine should make that.
I think it could be possible to setup a vercel proxy thingy website where a requests leads to a requests to something else (like glitch). And then one could use uptimerobot to regularly ping that.
Wait vercel needs pinging? Because then you could just use glitch.
No. Glitch needs pinging. Vercel cannot execute scheduled code but it isn't ip banned for pinging glitch. So you could setup a proxy on Vercel and ping it every 5 mins using uptimerobot

Last edited by -unrelated- (April 24, 2024 21:20:10)

<!DOCTYPE html>
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add Heroku as clp?

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

(#86)
Add Heroku as clp?
will do right away!

Random Project

spamton.gif

DUNGEON_EXPLORATION_03_02_23_01
COMPILED VERSION FOR HIGHER SPEED
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

I have added it as “macku?”.

<!DOCTYPE html>
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is crystal host the best option rn? (I'd rather not create a proxy in python.)

-cloudcoding-

-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

Probably

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#89)
Is crystal host the best option rn? (I'd rather not create a proxy in python.)

<!DOCTYPE html>
Mr_rudy
Scratcher
100+ posts

remove gem host (can't say the real name) i got a moderator message because i mentioned it here previously

CHECK OUT SNAIL IDE:
Website
Fourm Post

i make games and other cool stuff

when @greenFlag [clicked v]:: events hat
when (when @greenFlag clicked:: events) clicked:: events stack
when @greenFlag clicked {
when @greenFlag clicked:: events stack
}:: events
when <@greenFlag:: events> clicked:: events
when ({when @greenFlag clicked:: events stack}@addInput:: events) clicked:: events stack
when @greenFlag clicked:: events cap
evil kumquats ate this sentenc-
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

why isn't github actions in the list?

Last edited by dynamicsofscratch (April 26, 2024 07:31:11)

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mr_rudy wrote:

remove gem host (can't say the real name) i got a moderator message because i mentioned it here previously
Why?

-cloudcoding-

-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Because it can get you banned on GitHub which wouldn't be a good thing

<!DOCTYPE html>
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Mr_rudy wrote:

Why?
good question

<!DOCTYPE html>
Sid72020123
Scratcher
500+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Mr_rudy wrote:

Why?
good question

Because maybe the site contains a link to external chat website?

Sid72020123
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sid72020123 wrote:

-unrelated- wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Mr_rudy wrote:

Why?
good question

Because maybe the site contains a link to external chat website?
Sid? The owner of my favorite scratch to python thing? (I don't know what else to call it) Master coder? *Faints*
Edit, the awser is yes, it is actually used for d-cord bot hosting.

Last edited by -cloudcoding- (April 26, 2024 14:24:00)

-cloudcoding-

Sid72020123
Scratcher
500+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Sid? The owner of my favorite scratch to python thing? (I don't know what else to call it) Master coder? *Faints*

-cloudcoding-? The owner of my favourite cloud projects? (I don't know what to call it) Master cloud coder? *Faints*

What? What happened? Are you surprised that I'm back after stating that I will be inactive for 2 years? Lol.

Sid72020123
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

(#94)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Because it can get you banned on GitHub which wouldn't be a good thing
oh…

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sid72020123 wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

-cloudcoding-? The owner of my favourite cloud projects? (I don't know what to call it) Master cloud coder? *Faints*

What? What happened? Are you surprised that I'm back after stating that I will be inactive for 2 years? Lol.
Yep pretty much. ALSO TYSM for the follow.

-cloudcoding-