Discuss Scratch

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Free hosting options for python. (Used for scratchattach servers and similar)

-cloudcoding- wrote:

(#100)

Sid72020123 wrote:

-cloudcoding- wrote:

Sid? The owner of my favorite scratch to python thing? (I don't know what else to call it) Master coder? *Faints*

-cloudcoding-? The owner of my favourite cloud projects? (I don't know what to call it) Master cloud coder? *Faints*

What? What happened? Are you surprised that I'm back after stating that I will be inactive for 2 years? Lol.
Yep pretty much. ALSO TYSM for the follow.
yoo it's sid and cloud

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
yadayadayadagoodbye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why did I not know about this earlier

Scratchers that I've cati-fied
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yadayadayadagoodbye wrote:

(#102)
Why did I not know about this earlier
oh well, better luck next time. no benefit in getting angry now.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

Calm down

<!DOCTYPE html>
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

bump

<!DOCTYPE html>
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

So apparently deta.space can have public routes, ie. anyone can use them without signing in.
All you have to do is “primary: true” and “public: true” to the spacefile, so it looks like this:
v: 0
micros:
- name: python-app
src: ./src
engine: python3.9
run: flask run
primary: true
public: true
auto_pwa: false
(make sure to change the other parameters to match your app)
Then put the app on your horizon (purple circle at the bottom -> add card -> installed app -> <name of your app>), hover over the new tile, and click the name at the top right. If you set everything up correctly the page it opens should be public and you don't have to be signed in to use it.

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

davidtheplatform wrote:

So apparently deta.space can have public routes, ie. anyone can use them without signing in.
All you have to do is “primary: true” and “public: true” to the spacefile, so it looks like this:
micros:
Then put the app on your horizon (purple circle at the bottom -> add card -> installed app -> <name of your app>), hover over the new tile, and click the name at the top right. If you set everything up correctly the page it opens should be public and you don't have to be signed in to use it.
dev mode cannot be enabled

<!DOCTYPE html>
ninjaMAR
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sid72020123
Scratcher
500+ posts

ninjaMAR wrote:

Cloudflare workers seems to have python support
https://developers.cloudflare.com/workers/languages/python/

Unfortunately, Cloudflare Workers is a serverless service which means we can't use loops and long tasks as cloud requests in scratchattach.

Sid72020123
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Imma need a tutorial for crystalhost. (the internet is zilch help)

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Render.com looks good.

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

i dunno

<!DOCTYPE html>
-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

i dunno
Nevermind. It's horrifying. Discloud is another one (used for platewire hosting but…)

-cloudcoding-

davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

davidtheplatform wrote:

micros:
When are you getting that error?

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

davidtheplatform wrote:

(#114)

-unrelated- wrote:

davidtheplatform wrote:

micros:
When are you getting that error?
It's not an error. Enabling dev mode is not possible anymore

Random Project

spamton.gif

DUNGEON_EXPLORATION_03_02_23_01
COMPILED VERSION FOR HIGHER SPEED
bigspeedfpv
Scratcher
500+ posts

-unrelated- wrote:

TheCommCraft wrote:

Vercel seems to be perfect for now but I'll do some testing first.
After some research, I conclude that Vercel cannot be used for scratchattach hosting but it can be used for flask servers and perhaps as a pinging system for glitch
vercel is a serverless platform do NOT try to host something on it 24/7 or you will be charged tens of thousands of dollars lol

cat throwing brick at camera transparent dot gif
https://bigspeed.me
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

bigspeedfpv wrote:

(#116)

-unrelated- wrote:

TheCommCraft wrote:

Vercel seems to be perfect for now but I'll do some testing first.
After some research, I conclude that Vercel cannot be used for scratchattach hosting but it can be used for flask servers and perhaps as a pinging system for glitch
vercel is a serverless platform do NOT try to host something on it 24/7 or you will be charged tens of thousands of dollars lol
That's what I said?

<!DOCTYPE html>
TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ghxstify2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

Could I use glitch.com? Thank you for considering this.

Hello! I hope I helped answer your question.
-unrelated-
Scratcher
56 posts

Ghxstify2009 wrote:

(#119)
Could I use glitch.com? Thank you for considering this.
You would need a pinging service

<!DOCTYPE html>