Discuss Scratch

undeterminstic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

But if you try to post it will say you aren't ready to post.

yes
MythosLore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Or, Better Yet, Just No “New Topic” Button. /J

I hopefully quit the forums.
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

That would actually be funny, but it could confuse some people i think. Thats how the forum was before the event actually started last year.

Last edited by 7salad3salad (March 31, 2024 23:10:08)

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
among_us1w2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

bro now you just bullying get some thought don't treat the community like guinea pigs

dont just say “dont ban evade” or “wrong topic” for a question. answer it, and THEN tell them that this is the wrong topic or not to ban evade. giving just “rejected” and putting the college essay that is TOLORS is not enough. Explain! dont just use ctrl-c ctrl-v! even if it is not what some people want, explain the rejection! answer the question! the forums are not a place to repeat others, they are a place to innovate! anyway who wants to minimod?

scratchers on the forums from 10-500 posts have at most, a 7 short sentence span for replies. if you cant keep your posts in this range, then dont act suprised when someone asks for simplified version
bag randomizer for good games
experience the true chicken nuggies theft simulator : gobo | story
(Removed by Moderator - People with a TV head for a profile picture cannot discuss about the heart and soul of art) /j
OwO :: #44bd8d
^-^ :: #44bd8d
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

among_us1w2 wrote:

bro now you just bullying get some thought don't treat the community like guinea pigs
What?

<Scratch Wikian // 2000+ Edits | Forum Helper // 7000+ Posts | Scratcher // 530+ Followers>

banner coming soon…
realItchCat
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Why, yes! This is a marvelous idea! I mean, it's not like I miss the AFD forum or anything.
MythosLore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

realItchCat wrote:

Why, yes! This is a marvelous idea! I mean, it's not like I miss the AFD forum or anything.
But Even If This Suggestion Was Implemented, You Wouldn't Be Able To Post On The AFD Forum.

I hopefully quit the forums.
realItchCat
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

MythosLore wrote:

realItchCat wrote:

But Even If This Suggestion Was Implemented, You Wouldn't Be Able To Post On The AFD Forum.

Just… the sight of it…
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

this'd hurt the community's view on the st since they already announced theyre not doing afd forum this year

while they could make a new announcement, its probably better to keep it as announced, period.

Toru said:

“全てが終わってその後に残るものは…夢と……想い出だけだ それだけだ”
Aaliyah_Newlands
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

undeterminstic wrote:

But if you try to post it will say you aren't ready to post.

This won't happen this year :<

Paddle2See wrote:

Hello to all of the Scratchers on the forums! While we have traditionally celebrated April Fool's Day (AFD) in the forums by allowing limited Community-created AFD forum activities - we will not be hosting that this year. Please take your mischievous creative energy and put it into projects and studios instead. Thanks for your cooperation - the forum moderators.

P.S. This is not a prank

Link to this message: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751107/

I was actually looking forward to it T-T

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Bump..

there’s someplace I want to go to for comfort… but I can’t figure out what.
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

I'm kinda disappointed how AFD was cancelled this year, but there would've be some unwanted posts and nightmare fuel content shared (not likely to happen), so I am not too upset about it.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and an IT nerd (sort of, still needs work). My new account is PaperMarioFan2024, made by request of a user.

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

| Professional Mario Enthusiast / (OLD) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 |

⇢ Scroll down with CTRL+Shift to see the rest of my signature below!

Give me an internet :)

My internetometer is just an archive account now lol ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

Gamer_Logan819
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

I'm kinda disappointed how AFD was cancelled this year, but there would've be some unwanted posts and nightmare fuel content shared (not likely to happen), so I am not too upset about it.
It wasn't cancelled this year.

It was cancelled forever.

The forum boogeymen are out to get you

starlightsparker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

dang that kinda hits cuz i never got to experience it-

there’s someplace I want to go to for comfort… but I can’t figure out what.
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

(#13)

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

It was cancelled FOREVER?

I'll never forget my 2022 April Fools Day run, 300 posts in a single day…

I understand the reason why the Scratch Team did that though. I didn't get to experience 2023 so I don't know what happened, but I remember 2022, and it seemed like it was too much. From what I remember, I know it was a hassle to close all of the April Fools Day threads.

breakfast_for_dinner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

source? i thought it was only this year….

breakfast // web dev // 15yo // they/them // scratching since october 9th, 2018
ocular profile // scratch wiki page // git

i have cookies for brains

i'm a blunt person who may accidentally hurt your feelings.

the hall of my silly forum posts
[[ 500th post (no edit >:3) ]]
diarrhea isn't copyrighted
i_eat_coffee's birthday surprise
the jeffalo bug
mess cat
semicolon language translator
BigNate469
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

breakfast_for_dinner wrote:

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

The same logic that applies to why they didn't do it this year (really hard on the moderators) will apply next year, and the year after that, and so on forever.

This signature is designed to be as useful as possible.
How to make a signature & other useful info about them
The Official List of Rejected Suggestions (TOLORS)
The Announcements Directory
Lesser-known Scratch URLs: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/542480/
Why @Paddle2See's responses are so often identical: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/762351/

Ads Useful projects:
Raycaster & Maze 1.4.1 | Don't Break The Ice | Procedurally Generated Terrain | Basic Trigonometry | Comparing the fastest list sorters on Scratch

“if nobody can learn the programming language, it's just gibberish that does math.” -me, in a forum post

The original name of “loves” was “love-its”. Technically speaking, this hasn't changed.
mrsrec
Scratcher
500+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

It wasn't cancelled this year. It was cancelled forever.

Paddle2See wrote:

we will not be hosting that this year

Last edited by mrsrec (July 29, 2024 11:32:27)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

breakfast_for_dinner wrote:

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

I'm sure there is a possibility of reconsidering it — but that probably wouldn't be a discussion until late March 2025. However, I do think it's likely that the Scratch Team will make this a short discussion, the outcome of which would be no April Fools' forums in 2025. The craziness on April Fools' absolutely ramped up starting in 2021, when compared to previous years.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021. I reached 20,000 forum posts on June 24th 2024.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MAKE AFD FORUM

Gamer_Logan819 wrote:

I don't think that it was cancelled forever… and for proof, I saw the official announcement.

But maybe that one time they did it, now that I think about it, it got out of control in the forums.

Last edited by PaperMarioFan2022 (July 29, 2024 16:35:59)

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and an IT nerd (sort of, still needs work). My new account is PaperMarioFan2024, made by request of a user.

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

| Professional Mario Enthusiast / (OLD) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 |

⇢ Scroll down with CTRL+Shift to see the rest of my signature below!

Give me an internet :)

My internetometer is just an archive account now lol ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)