Discuss Scratch

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory


What is the Announcements Forum?
The official description of this forum by the Scratch Team states that it is a forum where the community can receive “updates from the Scratch Team”. This forum is where official announcements by the Scratch Team are made, and users can comment on these for a short while afterward. The forum contains scratch video updates, Wiki Wednesday updates, new rules and regulations, and any other information which the Scratch Team wishes to share with the community.

Who can post on the Announcements Forum?
The Scratch Team members are the only users allowed to create new threads in the forum. Any User may post on these forums, although the Scratch Team usually closes them down after a few days/weeks of open commenting.

The Announcement Forum Directory
In case you do not wish to scroll through every post to find a specific announcement, here they are grouped by category and by creation date. The newest posts are at the top of each category, while the oldest are at the bottom.

There is now a version of the Announcements Directory which updates itself!
Check it out!


Rules/Regulation Updates:

The Flash Player:

Offline Editor Updates:

LEGO WeDo & Picoboard Extensions:

Wiki Wednesdays:

Scratch Video Updates:

Blog Posts:

Community Events/Announcements:

Miscellaneous:

Scratch 2.0 Testing:

Wiki Updates:


Website Updates:


Scratch Site Availability/Downtime:

Unofficial Announcements:

Written by MakeTheBrainHappy, WolfCat67, bigpuppy, jromagnoli, and customhacker. The banner was made by rainbow132, customhacker, and pianogirl84.

Last edited by makethebrainhappy (June 16, 2018 23:33:01)

customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖


WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Where's the glue? Someone get the glue!

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:10:45)

customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

WolfCat67 wrote:

Where's the glue? Someone get the glue!

Jromagnoli!

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖


makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?

True
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:10:58)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

customhacker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?

True

It isnt fixed yet.

❖ Member of the Forum Helpers ❖ Experienced Wikian ❖
❖ Member of the Wiki Warehouse ❖ Owner of Customhacker's Royal Logo and Banner Shop ❖
❖ Member of Unloved Loves ❖ Former Member of the Services Planning Department ❖


WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

We can all view everything at the Services Planning Department itself… Except the title.
And that's the one thing we mess up.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:11:18)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

We can all view everything at the Services Planning Department itself… Except the title.
And that's the one thing we mess up.

?
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

We can all view everything at the Services Planning Department itself… Except the title.
And that's the one thing we mess up.

?
“The Announcement Directory” (Current) –> “The Announcements Directory” (What It Should Be)

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:11:45)

makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

customhacker wrote:

Nice Guide. Shouldn't it be “Announcements”, though?
True.
Quick! Edit it!

We can all view everything at the Services Planning Department itself… Except the title.
And that's the one thing we mess up.

?
“The Announcement Directory” (Current) –> “The Announcements Directory” (What It Should Be)

Oh xD. Fixed
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Yes, finished!

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
- thanks to brainyquote.com for the quotes -


makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

bigpuppy wrote:

Yes, finished!



This is quite a long guide!

Did you have anything to add to it?
bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

makethebrainhappy wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

Yes, finished!



This is quite a long guide!

Did you have anything to add to it?
No - I think it looks great!

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.”
- Helen Keller
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.”
- Maya Angelou
- thanks to brainyquote.com for the quotes -


makethebrainhappy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

bigpuppy wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

Yes, finished!



This is quite a long guide!

Did you have anything to add to it?
No - I think it looks great!

rainbow132
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Good job everyone!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

I just realized, if this did get moved to the Announcements forum (highly doubt it, but maybe) then I bet MakeTheBrainHappy will get tons of comments on their profile asking if they're a Scratch Team member now.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:12:04)

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Looks great!

WolfCat67 wrote:

I just realized, if this did get moved to the Announcements forum (highly doubt it, but maybe) then I bet MakeTheBrainHappy will get tons of comments on their profile asking if they're a Scratch Team member now.
Yep XD


I like making quality, challenging platformers! Please check them out! Don't like platformers? There's always art and other games!


ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 63%










If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Announcements Directory

Whoa, guess what? From what I can tell, it is possible to have a post moved to the Announcements forum! The Scratch Team has also seen lots of reports for this one already, but hasn't done anything because it needs to be discussed first (as no post from non-ST has been stickied there before). Here's the source:

Last edited by WolfCat67 (July 22, 2017 23:12:16)

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile