Discuss Scratch

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Story Writing Thread

BlauHourglass wrote:

I think we can safely create our own schedule-
yeah, no need to make it completely realistic :,)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Haha, yeah. Thanks for the explanations, though, guys. I think a 7-5 schedule of school will do? I work a 9-9, but-

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

yumetopia wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Haha, yeah. Thanks for the explanations, though, guys. I think a 7-5 schedule of school will do? I work a 9-9, but-
Our school is about 8-3. Well, more specifically, 7:45-2:56 but yeah

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

-snip-
A couple years back at my old school I had a homeroom, it basically was just a class you go to at the start of the day and normally don't do any work or anything.
Then what do you do?? (°_o)?
Usually just announcements and freetime

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Is that standard?

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Then what do you do?? (°_o)?
Usually just announcements and freetime
Oh, I see… I'm assuming that's different per nation, right?

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Is that standard?
Yes, at least in my state a seven-hour school day is standard.

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just gonna be a tiny question, how many characters are there gonna be?

I'm working on this signature-

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

Maybe a couple dozen?

——
——
-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

Maybe a couple dozen?
Mmmm alright, how many have we came up with so far?

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

Maybe a couple dozen?
Nothing solid as of right now.

——
——
-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

Maybe a couple dozen?
Nothing solid as of right now.
Alrightttt

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I like what you guys have so far for the tutorial. This sounds concerningly similar to my own project I was making, so I'll transfer some ideas from that to here, as this has already gotten a good start.
SOOO I came up with this crazy frikin character and I wonder if you can add it in somewhere. It might be too dark but I feel we need this in the story. BTW I like forte academy name so I'll use that. This character is quite a bit older than the rest, like 23, and has graduated from forte. They became a pop singer and songwriter, and became somewhat popular. But, the underlying pressure of being a pop star got to her. People shaming her, pressure of consistent new music, how she felt about her own work, it really got to her. So she hid away, with a fragmented mental state. So let's say some chaos happens after the tutorial. MC and co need someone to look to as a mentor. They end up taking a trip to the forest, where they hear incessant, unrelenting, weeping. They find her, and get to know her a bit. Because of her experience, she's frantic and has a rapidly fluctuating mood. And can be slightly deranged. Go all out. I would like to write a song with tricky tempo changes and a dark, stripped back atmosphere, to represent the chaotic mental state. Eventually, MC helps her recover, and get her back into singing in a less stressful atmosphere, and to eventually get her to help them with their tasks. It might sound crazy, but that's how I write. I swear I am mentally okay, but I wanted to show the dark side of the industry.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

So I like what you guys have so far for the tutorial. This sounds concerningly similar to my own project I was making, so I'll transfer some ideas from that to here, as this has already gotten a good start.
SOOO I came up with this crazy frikin character and I wonder if you can add it in somewhere. It might be too dark but I feel we need this in the story. BTW I like forte academy name so I'll use that. This character is quite a bit older than the rest, like 23, and has graduated from forte. They became a pop singer and songwriter, and became somewhat popular. But, the underlying pressure of being a pop star got to her. People shaming her, pressure of consistent new music, how she felt about her own work, it really got to her. So she hid away, with a fragmented mental state. So let's say some chaos happens after the tutorial. MC and co need someone to look to as a mentor. They end up taking a trip to the forest, where they hear incessant, unrelenting, weeping. They find her, and get to know her a bit. Because of her experience, she's frantic and has a rapidly fluctuating mood. And can be slightly deranged. Go all out. I would like to write a song with tricky tempo changes and a dark, stripped back atmosphere, to represent the chaotic mental state. Eventually, MC helps her recover, and get her back into singing in a less stressful atmosphere, and to eventually get her to help them with their tasks. It might sound crazy, but that's how I write. I swear I am mentally okay, but I wanted to show the dark side of the industry.
Ooh… I like where this is going!

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

thats… deep.
the sad part is… that really is the true dark side to the music industry. music cooperations and stuff are extremely greedy, with them earning the money, and us being cheated. definitely want to take this into consideration

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

thats… deep.
Welcome to my writing style.

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

the sad part is… that really is the true dark side to the music industry. music cooperations and stuff are extremely greedy, with them earning the money, and us being cheated. definitely want to take this into consideration
I think not enough people think about this. This is such a major issue with the industry. Oh and dont get me started on FANDOM. I like my JVKE, but there is a LIMIT that some people just don't have. There are also some good songs about this topic so give those a listen.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Alright- this is the list of troupes, based on genre. Pretty much finalised, we're still thinking if we should give each troupe a separate name, kind of like how the other games do it with their units.

1. Electronic
2. Pop (Mainstream “Popular” Songs)
3. Asian Pop (K-pop, J-pop, C-pop?)
4. Classical/Ballad
5. Rap/Trap/Hip Hop (Trying to come up with a name to lump it all)
6. Jazz/RB&B (Also need to come up with a lumping name)
8. EDM (Electronic Dance Music)

6 students in each troupe, though keep in mind not all of these will be dev cameos since we still want a good amount to be- well- non-dev cameo characters. We'll decide on all of this a little later into the story writing though, don't worry about it too much for now! (though, feel free to come up with some troupe name ideas cause we might need those later ^^)

Also, don't feel pressured to have your character in one of these troupes! We do need characters outside the school in other locations. Again, more on that soon.

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

Alright- this is the list of troupes, based on genre. Pretty much finalised, we're still thinking if we should give each troupe a separate name, kind of like how the other games do it with their units.

1. Electronic
4. Classical/Ballad

6 students in each troupe, though keep in mind not all of these will be dev cameos since we still want a good amount to be- well- non-dev cameo characters. We'll decide on all of this a little later into the story writing though, don't worry about it too much for now! (though, feel free to come up with some troupe name ideas cause we might need those later ^^)

Also, don't feel pressured to have your character in one of these troupes! We do need characters outside the school in other locations. Again, more on that soon.
the invisible 7 is back again lol

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

1. Electronic
4. Classical/Ballad

Electronic and EDM not together??

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

not entirely sure since i wasn't the one who came up with this, but i'm assuming EDM is plain instrumentals while electronic has vocals.

…POTANG GET OVER HERE xDDD

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

not entirely sure since i wasn't the one who came up with this, but i'm assuming EDM is plain instrumentals while electronic has vocals.

…POTANG GET OVER HERE xDDD
Right here.

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

We were considering lumping the two, but ultimately decided on splitting them. Electronic music usually is a diverse genre, songs ranging from almost orchestral at times, to purely synths. Examples are dubstep, future bass, kawaii future bass, video game, etc…

EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music. Usually, they have heavy sidechain, and have a pulsey feel. They are usually played at clubs and parties, as an upbeat headbanger song that people can dance to.

Electronic is a more diverse genre than EDM, but also a lot of them lack the energy and pulsing feeling that EDM gives while on the dance floor.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk lol

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!