Discuss Scratch

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Story Writing Thread

BlauHourglass wrote:

prishaJuni wrote:

K, so I’m a little confused. The player progresses throughout the school year and “earns” songs? Then, the player gets to play them? Sry I’m really new to this.
No worries! In the RPG part of the game, the player does progress through school, and then we can have whatever else happen as well.
Songs are earned through the story, but the player can also buy songs or just earn songs through dev gifts on their own.
Oh, ok! Thanks for clearing this up!

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Malicondi wrote:

do we have a plan on what exactly we're doing yet?
With…?
character design, and map design

post #1000 post #100 i help in the forums post #1 post #500 0 second ninja
I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

coming soon :)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

prishaJuni wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

prishaJuni wrote:

K, so I’m a little confused. The player progresses throughout the school year and “earns” songs? Then, the player gets to play them? Sry I’m really new to this.
No worries! In the RPG part of the game, the player does progress through school, and then we can have whatever else happen as well.
Songs are earned through the story, but the player can also buy songs or just earn songs through dev gifts on their own.
Oh, ok! Thanks for clearing this up!
Of course! Let me know if you want anything else cleared up.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Malicondi wrote:

do we have a plan on what exactly we're doing yet?
With…?
character design, and map design
Ah. Characters are being designed and Cotton's working on the map.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Oh alright, i'll ask them how it's going and if they need help with any parts of it.

I recommend reading jvvg's essay about the scratch team before complaining, as it may change your opinion and provide insight on the topic.

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Oh alright, i'll ask them how it's going and if they need help with any parts of it.
Okay. All statuses should be on Trello though.

——
——
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

alright- random idea but there's someone who greets the player at the beginning right? maybe their name could be something similar to kokoro, maybe kokomi or something like that, if you get what i mean.

and as for character design, i'm currently in the progress of coming up with a few. since we're not using trello anymore, is everything on mural now? (currently trying to get mural unblocked for me oof-)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yumetopia wrote:

alright- random idea but there's someone who greets the player at the beginning right? maybe their name could be something similar to kokoro, maybe kokomi or something like that, if you get what i mean.

and as for character design, i'm currently in the progress of coming up with a few. since we're not using trello anymore, is everything on mural now? (currently trying to get mural unblocked for me oof-)
Oh, that's actually an interesting idea… Maybe, if we're going to use that character simply as a tutorial NPC. If not, however, then I'd prefer that we keep the NPC name as something more in-game

Yes, I need to migrate everything from Trello to Mural. You can't access Mural? Ah, what a pickle… If you can, please try to get it unblocked lol. Say it's for a collaboration you can actually put on your resume

——
——
sakurakitty0212
Scratcher
22 posts

okay what do yall need me to do for the story now

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Could we maybe also do a Magma? It could be an extra storage thing and something for planning for those who can't get on Mural.

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sakurakitty0212 wrote:

We need to brainstorm in the mind mapping mural.

oofygirl wrote:

Could we maybe also do a Magma? It could be an extra storage thing and something for planning for those who can't get on Mural.
Magma? I can only access it during school time: 9-5 Monday-Friday.

——
——
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

sakurakitty0212 wrote:

We need to brainstorm in the mind mapping mural.

oofygirl wrote:

I can only access during school as well.

ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

I can only access during school as well.
Okay. That works. I've signed up, but um… I'm a little lost, haha- I've never used it before. Gimme a couple hours.

——
——
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also, I have an idea. Maybe, at the end of each school day when the player gets home, they get the option to replay any songs they've unlocked so far, like before they go to bed and stuff. And maybe they get the option to do that in homeroom too? If there is a homeroom class. I'm not too sure how it works, we don't have “homeroom” at our school. We just have 4th period, aka “flex period” or whatever, and it's 30 minutes instead of 50.

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

Also, I have an idea. Maybe, at the end of each school day when the player gets home, they get the option to replay any songs they've unlocked so far, like before they go to bed and stuff. And maybe they get the option to do that in homeroom too? If there is a homeroom class. I'm not too sure how it works, we don't have “homeroom” at our school. We just have 4th period, aka “flex period” or whatever, and it's 30 minutes instead of 50.
Oh, that's interesting. I was actually planning for the school to be, basically, the main lobby, and the main stage or whatever is where the player goes to play songs. There will probably be homerooms, but I'm also a little lost on that… I don't go to school, so I really am not sure how it works.

——
——
Malicondi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Oh, that's interesting. I was actually planning for the school to be, basically, the main lobby, and the main stage or whatever is where the player goes to play songs. There will probably be homerooms, but I'm also a little lost on that… I don't go to school, so I really am not sure how it works.
A couple years back at my old school I had a homeroom, it basically was just a class you go to at the start of the day and normally don't do any work or anything.

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

snip
snip
i don't think homerooms would be necessary, as this is (most likely?) a high school or college, and homerooms usually don't serve much purpose

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

My school is a middle-high school, so we have grades 6-12. All classes have eight periods - first, second, third, fourth (flex period) and then the lunch bells ring: First is 6th grade, and then halfway through fifth period, the 6th graders go to their fifth period, and 7th and 8th graders go to their 5th period. I'm a little confused by it after that, but halfway through the 5th graders' fifth period, the bell rings for 9th and 10th grade to go to lunch. The bell rings for the middle schoolers to go to sixth period after that, and 11th and 12th grade go to lunch. Halfway through sixth period, the bell rings for 11th and 12th grade to go back to class, and then it goes to seventh and then eighth, if you get what I mean. For at least 7th and 8th grade, fifth period is our elective period. Anyways, sixth graders have an extra period, so they do career option research in classes during periods they have no classes. We also have honors and accelerated classes in middle school, and AP classes in high school. If you want me to elaborate further about how my school schedule works, just ask.

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Malicondi wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

-snip-
A couple years back at my old school I had a homeroom, it basically was just a class you go to at the start of the day and normally don't do any work or anything.
Then what do you do?? (°_o)?

——
——
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think we can safely create our own schedule-

——
——