Discuss Scratch

--tranquility
Scratcher
500+ posts

swc memory book committee forum ᨒ march '24

CleverComment wrote:

almost forgot to vote for this xD just wondering, canva cannot see your email address/name - just your username, right?

yep! just your name shows up <3

alia | she/her | bibliophile | history enthusiast

i fell in love with fire long ago <3
-SimplyWatermelon-
Scratcher
100+ posts

The only time someone can see your email is if you’re on their school or work team <3

TheBibliophile7
Scratcher
500+ posts

CleverComment wrote:

just wondering, canva cannot see your email address/name - just your username, right?
correct! <33

reese (she/her) <3
reader | writer | swiftie
❝ who could ever leave me darling, but who could stay ❞
-SimplyWatermelon-
Scratcher
100+ posts

TheBibliophile7 wrote:

・゚ᨒ introduction snippety snip
Hi! It'd be helpful if we could have an updated subthemes list for designing <333

-NightGlow-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-SimplyWatermelon- wrote:

Hi! It'd be helpful if we could have an updated subthemes list for designing <333
Hi Summer! Reese will update this forum soon, but for the time being, here's the finalized list we have <3

Dystopian -
Epistolary - Elfin Woodlands
Fairy Tales - Bioluminescent Forests
Fan-Fi - Savannah
Fantasy - Deciduous Forests
Hi-Fi - Scrubs
Myth -
Poetry - Prairies
Sci-Fi - Alpine Tundra
Script - Mediterranean Chaparral
Thriller - Jungle
Tragedy - Boreal Forests
Utopian - Abyssal Zone

CleverComment
Scratcher
100+ posts

ooooh the list of subthemes is actually so exciting haha, and thanks guys for the help!!!

“You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy” - Nightbirde

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

ahh i hope you guys dont mind but i fixed a small typo in the memory book <3
also, would there be any way to change the background images for the sci-fi section? <3 alpine tundras tend to have a bit less snow and a bit more plantlife <3 if not its totally fine, the ones already there are beautiful as well ehehe!!

Last edited by Zionykon (Feb. 16, 2024 00:16:35)

Zion | They/them | Sci-fi ftw!!
-NightGlow-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hi Zion! (and just a general message for everyone <3)

I wanted to let you all know that you can of course change the design of certain pages if you think a different looked would better suffice the “vibes” of specific pages - especially if they are your cabin pages ^^' Adding onto this, you also don't have to ask/notify if you'd like to change some smaller things, because after all, we all own this memory book as a committee <3

Though, if you are planning on making some “bigger-scale” changes, it would be great if you could just post a comment here or on the forum just to keep everyone notified ^^'

That brings me to my last point - we know that in the past there has been a common misconception that only people belonging to a certain cabin can design those certain pages/that your responsibility is to design your cabin pages (eg: you're in classics and only design their pages). This is not true at all! We'd love for you to go and experiment with other cabins (though try not to change things people have done drastically ^^'), and would honestly encourage you to design pages that also don't belong to your cabin (hosts, daily team, etc.) <3 This way we can spread out the workload while also building a smaller community amongst ourselves <3

Tasks for now: (while we wait for subthemes to fully come in <3)
  • Design the pages at the front (hosts, leaders, mbc, judges, etc) - this seems done for the most part!
  • Create reference pages for each cabin (on the slide with every cabin's colors, add their respective fonts, related images, etc – for some of these, you may have to reach out to respective leaders as we don't have representation from all of the cabins ;D)

That's it for now! Let me know if you have any questions <3
The memory book is looking amazing so far!

Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

noted, thank you!! i changed the background of the sci-fi pages to better fit what i thought alpine tundras would look like <3 thank you!!

TheBibliophile7
Scratcher
500+ posts

my apologies, summer - it's been updated now <33

reese (she/her) <3
reader | writer | swiftie
❝ who could ever leave me darling, but who could stay ❞
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

does whoever is sharing the mb have canva pro? <3

-NightGlow-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Zionykon wrote:

does whoever is sharing the mb have canva pro? <3
Don't worry about that - we can sort that out when the time comes ;D
So feel free to use Canva pro!

-SimplyWatermelon-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi! I haven’t seen any official results for the font voting, but it seems like our header is Best Light. What was voted as body font?

snuggles0426
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think it's Kabel, since that's what's on the table of contents, but I'm not entirely sure- I was wondering as well.

-SimplyWatermelon-
Scratcher
100+ posts

That was what confused me, since Kabel wasn’t a font that was voted for at all.

-NightGlow-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hi everyone!

Sorry for the delay on this (we just needed to sort a few finer details regarding the header and body font being used this session, so we truly appreciate your patience) <3 That being said – the header font for this session will be Best Light and the body font being used this session will be Just Another Hand. Thank you all for taking the time to vote, happy designing! ;D

-SimplyWatermelon-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Just Another Hand is about 8 pixels smaller than Kabel, so sorry if proportions turn out a little wonky :>

-NightGlow-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Just Another Hand is about 8 pixels smaller than Kabel, so sorry if proportions turn out a little wonky :>
Ahah don't worry about that - we'll have to adjust everything accordingly bit by bit, but I suppose that's fine!
We still have quite some time on our hands ;D I'll come on to the Canva and help you with the changes <3

Last edited by -NightGlow- (Feb. 18, 2024 02:53:54)

kindhrts-
Scratcher
100+ posts

a good session recap thing to add would be the toad-apple thing incident!

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/7837597/ - helpful post with links to comments
Zionykon
Scratcher
100+ posts

for the mb screenshots, are we allowed to add things we say ourselves? i just had a very fun conversation that i was thinking about adding ;D