Discuss Scratch

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

thrillerance >:)

My Intro :>

Hey everyone, I'm Poppy! In addition to helping you improve your writing, you'll get the chance to bond with other members of your cabin. You don't just have to stick with others who are the same insect as you! As we're getting into the activity, remember that we're always here to help if you have any questions or if you need anything. Now let's get into it!

Let me know if I need to add anything

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a girl who has a lot of books and too little bookshelf space must be in want of… more books.
cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

looks great poppy!

i came up with a very rough draft for the welcome message anything you think is missing or should be added/changed?

Hey there (name)! You’ve been sorted into Thriller Insect Academy for this session of SWC. I’m CJ, your leader, and I’ll be leading alongside the wonderful Rockie (@rocksalmon800), and Poppy (@Poppywriter)! You should have received an invite to our cabin, which can be found here: (link). Feel free to go there and introduce yourself! Then, make sure to check out our cabin guide, where you’ll find all the information you need on our storyline and SWC! (link) Once you've done that, make your way over to the sorting project, where you'll be able to choose an insect group of your liking! (link)

(and you guys would switch around your names until its accurate ahaha)

also for the second activity, maybe it could be something where they think of a setting, and then have to brainstorm all of the different details that they would include, for 300 words? for splitting off into small groups, i was trying to recall, and i think we said that we want to go deeper into the specifics of each insect when we go into groups?

Last edited by cb2jkl (Feb. 28, 2024 04:13:43)

cj (he/they)
leading thriller swc march 24'
former sac host
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

The welcoming message looks great! No notes :>
Activity for settings also looks great!
And yeah, going deeper into detail on each insect sounds right, but I could still be wrong… we could be experienceing the mandela effect XD

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a girl who has a lot of books and too little bookshelf space must be in want of… more books.
cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

great!

im thinking that the plan is for these next few days is to finish up all of our projects to get ready for campres.

i think we really need to get the cabin guide out, and the classes project. also rockie if you could put the workshop somewhere with the activities so that's ready that would be great.

im going to work a lot on the cabin guide tonight, and also try to get the complexes project out. tomorrow, ill work on the sorting project. if you guys could help out with the cabin guide, that would be great.

final plan for first class:

friday - sunday
send out intros
do hide and seek activity
places activity

monday - wednesday
rockie's element workshop and activities

wednesday - friday
split off into smaller groups to dive deeper into insects

also one thing i was thinking about is do we want to have a time limit on the activities, or can campers complete them throughout the session?

cj (he/they)
former sac host
rocksalmon800
Scratcher
500+ posts

The welcoming message looks great, and I’ll add those changes to the real forum post I’ll make that in a bit, and start working on the cabin guide a little more! I don’t have access to my email right now, though, so I’ll work on it when i get home And maybe the activities could be open throughout the week, but close once we transition to another week?

Last edited by rocksalmon800 (Feb. 27, 2024 16:40:15)

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sounds good! im working on the cabin guide right now and im almost done :0 if yall could look over that soon and see if you think everything looks alright that would be great

cj (he/they)
former sac host
rocksalmon800
Scratcher
500+ posts

Camper sort!

thriller
Total Word Goal: 238805
-WildClan- | 31415 2GS6 | 25000 Caesious | 20000 MaeliaxBooks* | 20000 minergold48 | 15000 CleverComment | 15000 superdidi2012 | 12000 ReadWriteSing | 10000 melodic-* | 10000 KeatsBat | 10000 –daydreaminq* | 9500 puffyfish | 8000 Pun-derful | 7890 dolphin786 | 7000 CR3villainy | 7000 justoneyesterday* | 7000 _Operation9K* | 6000 Willowstuff | 5000 2468_Scratch* | 5000 zodiacdog | 5000 FairyAyla | 3000

And the cabin guide looks perfect <3

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YAYYY CAMPERS !!!!

im finishing up the sorting project right now, so once i post that and the cabin guide, we should be able to send out invites! would you guys be able to do it late this evening?

cj (he/they)
former sac host
rocksalmon800
Scratcher
500+ posts

Awesome, great job! Would you like me to post the workshop today, or when the week starts? And yup, I’ll be able to notify them tonight!

Last edited by rocksalmon800 (Feb. 28, 2024 16:11:38)

PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

I should be able to invite later tonight, maybe around 1-3 am UTC :>

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

posting it now would be good! i've split the campers up into groups for each of us to invite!

Poppy:

-WildClan- | 31415
2GS6 | 25k
Caesious | 20k
MaeliaxBooks* | 20k
minergold48 | 15k
CleverComment | 15k
superdidi2012 | 12k

CJ:

ReadWriteSing | 10k
melodic-* | 10k
KeatsBat | 10k
–daydreaminq* | 9.5k
puffyfish | 8k
Pun-derful | 7890
dolphin786 | 7k

Rockie:

CR3villainy | 7k
justoneyesterday* | 7k
_Operation9K* | 6k
Willowstuff | 5k
2468_Scratch* | 5k
zodiacdog | 5k
FairyAyla | 3k

Last edited by cb2jkl (Feb. 29, 2024 04:26:01)

cj (he/they)
former sac host
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

I'm sending out the invites right now, but have you invited them to curate yet, or should we do those too?
Should we also invite them to the word count studio?

Last edited by PoppyWriter (Feb. 28, 2024 21:10:39)

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wait how are you sending out invites if we don't have the cabin guide out :'') im confused. but yup, invite them to curate both studios!

cj (he/they)
former sac host
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

I realized it wasn't out so I didn't send them yet

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heyyy a camper asked this

I do have a when about this, when role-playing are we allowed to design / create a character based off the cabin and draw then as well? xD thank you!

thoughts?

cj (he/they)
former sac host
PoppyWriter
Scratcher
500+ posts

I personally don't have a problem with that! I just don't really see a reason why not ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

yeah i agree

also rockie if you could have the classes project out by the end of today, that would be awesome!

cj (he/they)
former sac host
rocksalmon800
Scratcher
500+ posts

Yeah, that sounds cool! The only thing that it might affect is giving you more work with the pfp maker, but if you’re cool with that, it sounds like a great idea!

Last edited by rocksalmon800 (Feb. 29, 2024 15:51:55)

cb2jkl
Scratcher
1000+ posts

also is there at time that you guys are available tomorrow where we can all post our intros at similarishhhh times, so that campers don't get confused and post inbetween them?

cj (he/they)
former sac host
rocksalmon800
Scratcher
500+ posts

I meant to ask this earlier but it slipped my mind lol- For the classes project, I’m just supposed to talk about the hide and seek game and what they want to add to the academy, right?

and oh goodness tomorrow will be really busy for me, so the early morning around 7 would probably work best for me