Discuss Scratch

smalltoe
Scratcher
100+ posts

swc megathread ☼ july swc '23

original song for the weekly! posting very late bahaha but i needed to put this somewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I stand on the bridge and I watch it all burn down
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Stand by the railing, and try not to make a sound
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Hold myself up, but I know I’ll just fall to the ground
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Pretending to breathe while I drown

Watch the waves beneath, and the stars above
(Are you up there? Are you up there?)
Can you see me down here, oh my love?
(Are you up there?) Are you with me?

And now everything goes down in flames
(I told you we shouldn’t mess with fate)
Have to get out, break free from these chains
(Can’t get out of this place, so we wait)
Blood frozen to ice in my veins
(Can’t tell if you’re a sinner or a saint)
This wreckage is all that remains
(Is it right or wrong how we escaped)
Our broken world, with all it’s bloodstains
(Am I a sinner or a saint?)
…Am I the sinner or the saint?

I stand by the window and watch you go out of sight
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Silence so loud as you’re lost amid stars so bright
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Can’t make a difference so why do we put up a fight
(ahh, ahh, ahh, ahh)
Pretending I’ll be fine without you tonight

Watch the waves beneath, and the stars above
(Are you down there? Are you down there?)
Can you see me up here, oh my love?
(Are you down there?) Are you with me?

I told you we shouldn’t mess with fate
(And now everything goes down in flames)
Can’t get out of this place, so we wait
(Have to get out, break free from these chains)
Can’t tell if you’re a sinner or a saint
(Blood frozen to ice in my veins)
Is it right or wrong how we escaped
(This wreckage is all that remains – our broken world, with all it’s bloodstains)
(Am I a sinner or a saint?) (Am I a sinner or a saint?)
…Are we the sinners or the saints?

I don’t want to live forever
But I don’t want to die
Even if we’re not together
I’ll see you in the sky
Even if there’s nothing we can do
(What can we do, what can we do?)
I can’t think of anything but you
(Only you)
Yeah, the only one I’d want to live forever with is you

And now everything goes down in flames
(I told you we shouldn’t mess with fate)
What used to be green now is grey
(Can’t get out of this place, so we wait)
Ice melting, glaciers in my veins
(Can’t tell if you’re a sinner or a saint)
Storm clouds gather, down come the rains
(Is it right or wrong how we escaped)
Waves crashing against cliffs that the rising tide stains
(Am I a sinner or a saint?) (Am I a sinner or a saint?)
…Are we the sinners or the saints?

ave, she/they
zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

Remember
BLOOD/VIOLENCE WARNING
What is the point of living?
So he asked himself, as he picked his way through the blood-soaked ground. His face didn't show a hint of emotion as he walked past the mangled bodies.
As he heard the pleas for help.
Perhaps one would say, to enjoy life.
To feel happy.
To have a family.
And if all of those things are torn away from you, in one moment, the world flipping upside down, the ground churning, his whole existence tipped to the side, what was the point?
A sword sliced him on the neck pulling him out of his emptiness.
The soldier screamed in agony and turned to dust.
As he did, a sense of peace enveloped him. Perhaps it would finally end. Perhaps the soldier could kill him. Then he felt the wound mend itself.
“No..” he whispered. “No.” He grabbed the blade from the soldier's limp hand, and drove it through his heart. It went through, he felt it.
He felt the sword turn to nothing. He felt his body mend.
How could his heart be whole and yet so broken?
He got up. He ignored as the soldiers attacked.
He wished that they could do something.
But they all crumbled.
He closed his eyes and tried to remember. How had he become like this? Did he ever have a family?
——————————————————————–
A flash of sunlight through the trees.
Laughter.
He opened his eyes.
A paradise surrounded him.
‘Quana!’
He turned around.
A hut stood there. It was ramshackle, small, and yet he loved it. A family stood there.
His family.
‘Quana!’
He slowly walked towards them.
‘Quana, come on!’
Then a sound.
He hated it.
He looked up.
Something big was coming towards the hut.
His hut.
He pointed at it and screamed.
They turned just in time to see it hit the ground.
It sent a wave of agony and pain and death.
“MA! PA! BARI!”
He tried to run towards them, but a gust of power threw him back. He hit a tree and crumpled to the ground.
——————————————————————–
He cracked open his eyes.
A woman stood over him.
She spoke in a strange language he couldn’t understand.
A strange feeling kept surging through him. He looked down at his nude body.
It was covered in burns and welts. Though, as he watched, a pale light washed over him, and the wounds disappeared.
The woman watched, seeming interested. She snapped her fingers, pointed at him, and yelled something behind her.
Two men came and picked him up. They tried to drag him towards what seemed to be a huge bird with straight, hard, bar like things in a cross on top. He struggled desperately, and finally, they poured some liquid onto a cloth and shoved it on his face. He slowly tumbled into the void.
——————————————————————–
He woke with a yelp of fear. He was dressed in strange hard material. Blue lights formed a square around him. He looked around and tried to run but as soon as he touched the lights, he was thrown back.
A door opened and the woman walked in, along with 2 men, who looked similar to the ones that knocked him out.
He started shouting at them, but they calmly walked in and dragged him out. They paused for a moment and shoved something into his ear.
The woman spoke again, and this time he could understand her. She told him not to be scared. The men then dragged him to a different room and through him into a large tube made out of a see-through shiny thing.
There was another girl next to him, and he watched in horror as a blade materialized and cut her. She cried out, but then the cut healed. Next to him, another blade appeared. He shrieked and tried to run, but it cut him on the forehead.
Slowly however, the cut smoothed over.
The woman smiled.
A larger blade appeared in the girls tube. She screamed and tried to escape, but the blade neared until it chopped off her head. He began to scream at the sight, and covered his face. In a moment, he heard the girl’s pained whispers. Shocked, he opened his eyes to see the girl whole.
——————————————————————–
He opened his eyes, gasping. His eyes filled with tears. Was there no way to escape?
“Good job.”
He looked up to see the woman standing over him.
“Good job S13. Soon we can fix all of this.” She held up a hand. In it was a small bomb. She pointed at the horizon. He looked.
There was a small village.
She pressed the bomb into his hand. “Care to do the honors, S13?”
He looked at the bomb.
It matched the one that destroyed his village, just smaller.
“I remember now.” he murmured.
“What?”
“I remember now.” He stood up, and looked at the woman with disgust. “My name is Quana.” He raised the bomb. “And I am going to end this.”
He threw the bomb on the ground. He remembered this feeling. Except this time, he wouldn’t absorb it.
It would destroy him.
zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

Night
Night
The wind howled through the air, nothing but the faint light of the sunset to stop it.
She slowly crept up, feeling it blow through her dark, dark hair.
Slowly, the sun sank below the horizon.
Her eyelids snapped open, revealing a reflection of the sky in her eyes, twilight blue washed with pink and orange.
It was time.
She raised her hands, and her hair extended across the sky. Her beautiful darkness invaded the sky, scrubbing it clean of any last trace of light. At last, the sky was dark, and night descended.
She looked at her creation, proud of her work. She looked down to the planet, and frowned. There went the people to their homes, not caring of her work. She tried and tried, made it darker, changed it so that it seemed the sky was shifting, but no one cared.
She fell to her knees, and looked up. What was the point of all her work if no one cared. A single tear gathered in the corner of her eye, and floated off. It stayed there, small and glowing. She continued to cry, her tears dotting the night sky with small, glowing balls.
Soon, everyone came out to marvel at the lights. They pointed and yelled. Eventually, she noticed the uproar. She saw what she had created
The tears kept coming, but for a different reason.
She was happy.
She stood and danced around the night sky, forming patterns with her tears. Eventually however, she stopped. She could not cover all of her night with her tears, but the people did need light.
She gathered all the extra tears, and formed them into one ball. It floated up, beautiful and standing out.
This creation of hers would supply them with light, she decided.
However, she felt herself slowly being pushed away.
The sun was coming up again.
She waved at her brother, then turned, letting the sky slowly be washed away with color and light.

Last edited by zodiacdog (Sept. 7, 2023 11:24:50)

dolphin786
Scratcher
66 posts

idk

☾ ʜɪ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ! ɪ'ᴍ ᴠɪᴏʟᴇᴛ! ☽
➳ ᴡʀɪᴛᴇʀ
➳ ᴀʀᴛɪꜱᴛ
➳ ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
➳ ꜱᴡᴄ-ᴇʀ
➳ ʀᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ
❝тнσѕє ωнσ ᴅση'т вєℓιєvє ιη мαɢι¢ ωιℓℓ ηєvєя fιηᴅ ιт.❞
- Rσαℓᴅ Dαнℓ
ʚїɞ ᴛʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴ! (ꜱᴡᴄ ᴍᴀʀᴄʜ 2024)
opheliio
Scratcher
100+ posts

"adventure
Cabin Colors:
( ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎   ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ (#355834 :: #355834) (#DBE4EE :: #DBE4EE) (#672692 :: #672692) (#0C1B33 :: #0C1B33) (#90C2E7 :: #90C2E7) ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎    ‎  :: #eeeeee )
leader: cb2jkl (app)
• cj - he/they - pst

co-leader: –tranquility (app)
• alia - she/her - cst

dystopian
leader: starr-light (app)
• river - she/her - est

co-leader: strange_skies (app)
• skye - she/her - nzst

co-leader: ivycreations (app)
• jasper - she/her - est

fantasy
leader: moonlitseas (app)
• moonlit - she/her - cst

co-leader*: -simplywatermelon- (app)
• summer - she/her - chst

fairy tales
leader*: cs4438815 (app)
• yume - she/her - est

co-leader*: sophcamps (app)
• sophie - she/her

folklore
leader: rey_venclaw (app)
• soki - she/they - est

co-leader: hamilchaos (app)
• alex - she/her - ast

co-leader: puffyfish (app)
• bee - he/him - est

horror
Cabin Colors:
( ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎   ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ (#F70000 :: #F70000) (#87E1FF :: #87E1FF) (#E6E2D9 :: #E6E2D9) (#08082E :: #08082E) (#FFA04D :: #FFA04D) ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎  ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎    ‎  :: #eeeeee )
leader: whirlygig (app)
• stingray - she/her - est

co-leader: rosereef (app)
• nat - she/they - est

co-leader*: dreamysolitude (app)
• sophia - she/her - pst

illu-fi
leader: -vanillamochabear- (app)
• juli/veni - she/any - est

co-leader*: jalapeno9 (app)
• pepper - she/her - pst

lit-fi
leader: elvin_wonders (app)
• elfie - she/they - ist

co-leader: -faerylights (app)
• fae - she/any - aest

co-leader*: clementine_blue (app)
• clem - she/her - est

myth
leader: rocksalmon800 (app)
• rockie - she/her - pst

co-leader: iinspirqtion (app)
• em - she/her - est

mystery
leader: essayist (app)
• finley - she/her - ist

non-fi (tctwnw)
leader: imacreamoo (app)
• gigi - he/she - bst

co-leader*: azolla- (app)
• nix - she/fae - est

real-fi
leader: flowerelf371 (app)
• niko - they/them - est

co-leader: dawn_camps (app)
• dawn - she/her - mst

sci-fi
leader: mouseloverr (app)
• mouse - any/all - cst

co-leader*: celinawrites (app)
• celina - she/her - pst

co-leader: eeveedonut (app)
• ris - she/her - cst

script
leader: -nightglow- (app)
• alana - she/her - est

co-leader*: 27coding_crazy (app)
• recca - she/her - ist

co-leader: koolkatz38 (app)
• indigo - she/her - nzst

steampunk
leader: butterpopcorn8 (app)
• luka - she/her - mst

co-leader*: laters_gators (app)
• red - she/her

co-leader: xx_hermione_xx (app)
• willow - she/her - aest
"

omg lio remembered to change their signature !!

#thrillerftwnov29
MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

Daily- 3rd November ( 524 words)
What is True Happiness? (With Fall Symbolism)
Before we dive into the story, I would like to introduce a essence of this excerpt; this story will have more harvest than planting, more darkness than light so beware before reading this excerpt with is often mistaken by the title.( This story is set in the 90's)
Two boys of age which was around ten were sitting in the lawn and were playing hide and seek when an old lady entered the scene and asked the boys what they were playing and the boy replied to her as, “ Granny, we are just playing hide and seek.” Then the old lady asked them, “What kind of happiness does it give you?” the boys were puzzled but answered to her as, “ Well, as we play along at some point of time I win and some other time he wins(pointing to his comrade) and that winning happiness is what we get.” Then the Granny asks, “ do you think that this is true happiness?” The innocent ten year-olds said, “ Yes, of course.” That is when the old lady said, “ Well, do you know the story of the brothers who own the Florence sweet shop?” The boys said, “ yes, who doesn't? they own more than half of the city and their sweets are next level.” The old lady asked, “ do you know how the Florence brother got were they are now?” The boys said, “ No, we don't but we do the taste of their sweets” The old lady then began a story of tragedy and happiness which can only be attained with compassion and humanity,
The Florence brothers as we know of now are around 60 years in age but their struggles to reach were they are began when they were 16. They used to live in a small house with a household which had income to just keep the house going. The Florence brothers were always determined to reach their goal and thus went to the city to start their new venture. They expected harvest but failed.
They became orphans at the age of 16 and got to know about this when they were at the city which made them loose the dedication which they showed and as a result they fell in the clutches of moneylenders and the cycle of debts and darkness was surrounding with a little bit light and hope. They gained their confidence back and started to plant more to harvest more. They didn't give up and found happiness during these hard times as when they both with their own hard work, dedication and passion which led then to move forward and with that they opened their first shop in Florida which was about 20 years ago. The happiness which they felt at that time is not true happiness but when they have shared this happiness with others by donating various thing to charity and doing a difference in the society is what true happiness is. This story is how the brothers in unity and integrity have overcame the tragedy and have stayed strong enough to attain true happiness and success.
MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

A school essay( 397 words)
Tourism in India, a growing global attraction
India is a country that is considered one of the world’s most diverse countries with a rich heritage and culture. India has always been a global attraction since ancient times because, from ancient times, travelers, merchants, and scholars have visited our country to experience its outstanding and rich cultural heritage.
India’s outstanding geographical features and pleasant weather conditions have attracted many tourists who want to catch a glimpse of these amazing features. The Northern Plains, also known as the Indo-Gangetic Plains, are formed by the interplay of the Indus, the Ganga, and the Brahmaputra, along with their tributaries. This makes it form a green cover around the plains, which makes it look not only pleasant but also a major food source that attracts many tourists to have a glimpse of these lush green trees and plants.
One of the major reasons that contributes to taking Tourism in India to the next level and making it a global attraction is the architecture found in India. The nation consists of Beautiful palaces, forts, temples, and architectural marvels that amaze many tourists. The architects of ancient India built every monument with intelligence and had a special reason to build it that no nation could ever achieve. The famous monument, ‘The Taj Mahal’ was built by the Mughal ruler, ‘Shah Jahan’ in memory of his late wife, ‘Mumtaz Mahal’. It also has perfect symmetry and was built with an optical Illusion. Now we can see that every monument in the great nation of India had a special and in-depth reason for it and also a complex architecture that attracted tourists from all over the world.
The rich heritage and culture of India also attract many tourists because India offers a variety of cuisines in each state that are not only mouth-watering but also a treat to our stomachs. We can also get a glimpse of the various dances, music, and other arts that this nation beholds. Initiatives such as ‘Dekho Apna Desh’ and “Visit India 2023” by the Government also contributed to making India a global attraction.
The number of Foreign Tourist Arrivals jumped to an astonishing 6.19 million in 2022 because of all the above reasons. India is a global attraction, but the real glory lies with its citizens, who play a key role in making Tourism in India a growing global attraction.
MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

A short piece of story for a word war( not completed tho)
Dear dairy, remember the short story which I told you the other day, ya that one about the stolen documents which contained really important info about my dad's business so I know it happened long ago but I overheard a conversation between my dad's manager and shady looking man- ya that person who looks like he might have committed a crime or something wrong so I decided to do something about it. So I couldn't exactly hear anything but I did see that manager giving some envelope to that shady black man said, “ you should not tell about this to anyone, not even you mother or any one close and this matter should ONLY be between us both and if it gets out then you won't able to see the sun's light again.” I was shook the core listening to that and immediately just knew that the manager had something to with it. So I became a detective to investigate about this matter. I couldn't tell my dad about this because I knew that he would say that I imagined it all or was fabrication a story as I never really liked his manager and was just trying to get rid of him.

Last edited by MokshithaVedarsh (Nov. 5, 2023 09:07:47)

MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

Skit ( 1726 words)
Characters:
Little Brother- Ishaan Gupta
Big Brother- Ajay Gupta
Public Prosecutor
Public Prosecutor’s Brother- Amar Singh
Policeman
Neighbor- Ishaan’s Neighbor
Security Guard
Constable
Narrator
Lawyer
Judge
Scene 1: The Beginning of the End
( It was on 18th September 2023 that Ajay’s life took a wild turn for the worst and it was just the beginning of the end)( Setting: In Ishaan’s House, around 11.00 PM)
Ajay: I hope that you are fine now and have recovered from the mild cold you have been suffering so I will take my leave now. Take good care of yourself. Bye, Ishaan.
Ishaan: Yes Brother, I am feeling well, and thank you for coming.
( A man with a masked face enters Ishaan’s Apartment)

Scene 2: The Shocking Discovery
( It is on 19th September, morning and Ishaan’s Neighbor comes out of his apartment and is horrified to see the door open)
NeighborShouting) OMG! Noah’s door is open and his apartment looks like it was hit by a tornado! Ishaan is MISSING!
(She calls the Ramgopalpet Police Station to inform them about Noah’s disappearance) (After 15 minutes, the Policeman arrives at the place of the Crime)
Policeman: Sir, Can you please tell me what has happened?
Neighbor: Ishaan has been missing since morning and his apartment was open in the morning and looked like it was hit by a tornado. I fear that this is a serious Kidnapping case so I would like to file a complaint.
( A small Flashback returns to the neighbor about how Ishaan has saved his life earlier this year and this is the least he could do to repay him)
Policeman: Thank you, ma’am, I will look into it.

Scene 3: The First Evidence
( The Policeman enters Ishaan’s Flat and finds a ring on the floor that belonged to Noah and brings it to the Forensic Department)
Neighbor(works at Forensic Department): (analyzing the reports) Oh, The last fingerprints that are found on the ring belong to Mr. Ishaan Gupta and it looks like it was he who removed it.
Policeman: So the first evidence and lead we have is that Mr. Ajay Gupta might have kidnapped his brother for some reason.
Neighbor: I think maybe there has been a dispute about their Father’s will as Ajay wants the entire wealth, this is just a rumor.
Policeman: Thank you for your statement, We will keep this in our mind during the investigation.

Scene 4: The Second Evidence
( The Policeman Gets the Footage of that Tragic Night when Ishaan was kidnapped)
Policeman: Hatrick! This is just the evidence we need, please save it in a pen drive and give.
Security Guard: From where to where?
Policeman: From where Mr.Ajay Gupta leaves the flat with a black bag and a suspicious look as if he has done something wrong till he is out from the camera.
Security Guard: Okay Sir( handing out a pendrive) Here is your Pendrive.
Policeman: I have got the Second Evidence.

Scene 5: The Third Evidence
(At the Police Station when an anonymous pen drive was brought to the Policeman)
PolicemanListening to the audio recorded in the pen drive) We just got our Third Evidence!
Constable: What is it, sir?
Policeman: In the audio, there is a call that was recorded between Mr.Ajay Gupta and an unknown friend of his where he was confessing that he kidnapped his brother for the same reason that Ishaan’s neighbor told him. Please get the FIR that I told you to prepare
Constable: Here is the FIR and Vartmaan Sharma is Ishaan’s Neighbor who filed the case( Handing over the FIR)
PolicemanExamining) Good Job! All the evidence leads to Mr. Ajay Gupta as the Culprit in this case so I will prepare a Chargesheet.
Scene 6: The Arrest of Mr. Ajay Gupta
( At Ajay’s House)
Policeman: Mr. Ajay Gupta, when we were investigating we found that you were guilty for your Brother’s missing.
Ajay: Me? But under Article 22 I have the right to know about the evidence that is pointing towards me.
Policeman: ( Begins to explain and shows him the FIR and charge sheet against him) I hope you can understand now.
Ajay: I understand and under Article 22 I will appoint a lawyer for myself.
Policeman: Okay but now you have to come with me to the police station.

Scene 7: The Preparation For the Fair Trial
( Ajay and his lawyer were having their final talk before the case)
Ajay: Good morning Sir, Any good news and leads on my brother’s case?
LawyerUnhappy) Your case seems hopeless as all the evidence points to you as the culprit and your brother is still not found.
Ajay: Okay lawyer, I am okay to go to jail if my brother is found.
(Somewhere else near the court, The Public Prosecutor and Mr.Vartmaan Sharma( Neighbor ) were discussing the case.)
Public Prosecutor: Sir, I am 100% sure we will win the case.
Neighbor: I don’t care about winning the case but I only want Ishaan’s safe return.
Public Prosecutor: Okay sir, I think we have to go to the courtroom as the trial is going to start soon

Scene 8: The Trial
( All the involved people in the case and the judge are in the Courtroom)
Judge: Order, Order! Bring in the Culprit!
Policemanhanding over Ajay) Here is the Culprit- Mr. Ajay Gupta you’re Honour.
Public Prosecutor: You’re Honour, Mr.Ajay Gupta has been accused of violating Article 363 and Section 360. He has Kidnapped his brother- Ishaan Gupta.
Judge: Is that so? Please tell me about the evidence in detail.
Public Prosecutor: The First Evidence is the fingerprints found on the ring that belonged to Ishaan Gupta and the fingerprint pattern confirms that it might have been snatched. Here is the forensic report for the same( Handing over the forensic report ).
Lawyer: Objection your honor.
Judge: Objection sustained, the first evidence looks promising so please proceed with the second evidence.
Public Prosecutor: The second piece of evidence is the camera footage that has been found against Ajay Gupta. Please take a look at it too. ( Handing over the pen drive which contained the camera footage )
Judge: Okay, I can see it looks a bit suspicious, and is the last person to meet Ishaan before his disappearance. You can present the Third Evidence.
Public Prosecutor: The Third Evidence is the call audio which we have received from an unknown person. In this audio, Mr. Ajay Gupta Confesses his crime. Please hear it. ( handing over the pen drive which contained the audio of Ajay confessing).
Judge: Ok, All the evidence sounds promising but do you have any witnesses or any person who would like to make a statement?
Public Prosecutor: Yes your honor, Mr. Vartmaan Sharma-Ishaan’s Neighbor would like to make a statement.
( Mr. Vartmaan Sharma walks onto the witness stand to make his statement)
Neighbor: Mr. Vartmaan Sharma will only tell the truth. I heard a rumor that Mr. Ajay Gupta had his eye on capturing the entire wealth that was prescribed in their Father’s will so he thought of kidnapping his brother- Ishaan Gupta for money. Ishaan Gupta is a kind person who has saved my life, please do justice to him.
Judge: hmm. After going through the hearing from the Public Prosecutor and Mr. Vartmaan Sharma, I would like to hear from Mr. Ajay Gupta after a 30-minute break. Court Dismissed for a lunch break.

Scene 9: A twist in the tale
( Ajay has lost all hope and only wishes for his brother to return safely when he overhears a conversation between Amar Singh- the Public Prosecutor’s Brother and his friend)
Amar Singh: I have successfully gotten away from the crime I have committed. Being the Public Prosecutor’s brother has many advantages as I have great influence. I have kidnapped Ishaan and now I would be the best student in the college.
( Ajay was shocked to hear this and was in agony but with his witty nature he took a video of his statement and when Amar was confessing he brought the Public Prosecutor to make him witness it and the Public Prosecutor confronted Amar while Ajay spoke with his lawyer )
Public Prosecutor: Amar, This is not what our father taught us! After the trial starts again you have to confess your crime or else I will not spare you!
Amar: ok( Sulking and muttering to himself)I have been caught, my entire future is at stake.
( Somewhere else Ajay tells about the new evidence in the case)

Scene 10: The Fair Trial
( A fair Trial began with the lawyer’s words of justice)
Lawyer: Your Honour, We have found new evidence in the case.
Judge: Please present it.
Lawyer: Mr. Amar Singh, brother of the Public Prosecutor in this case is the culprit who kidnapped Mr. Ishaan Gupta for personal gain, and here is the video for the same which was recorded in the Lunch break. (Handing over the mobile phone where the video was recorded).
Judge: Okay, any witnesses?
Lawyer: Yes your honor, The public prosecutor of this case.
( The Public Prosecutor comes up on the witness stand)
Public Prosecutor: I solemnly promise to tell the truth. I have seen Mr. Amar Singh confess his crimes for personal gain and I am disappointed in him.
( Mr. Ishaan Gupta runs into the courtroom with his overall look messy and everyone’s eyes widen as they see Ishaan)
Ishaan: Your Honour, I have been kidnapped by Amar Singh for his gain and have escaped from the warehouse. He has locked me up and offensively treated me.
Judge: After going through all the pieces of evidence, statements, and witnesses I have decided that Mr. Amar Singh is the Culprit in this case and has been charged with Kidnapping- Violation of Article 363 and Section 360; framing someone else for his crimes and Using his brother’s influence for wrong purpose violating The Rule of Law, you Amar Singh would be imprisoned for ‘Eighth Years’.
Ishaan and Ajay: ( in unison) Thank you so much!
Judge: Don’t thank me, thank the justice and you’re fair trial.
(You see, everyone's the same in the eyes of the law and the law applies to everyone under the Rule of law. A fair trial ensures that this is ensure; serves justice to the innocent and punishment to the guilty)

MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

\

Last edited by MokshithaVedarsh (Nov. 11, 2023 11:47:01)

MokshithaVedarsh
Scratcher
93 posts

An Essay- why Daily Team should continue to supply dailies and activities. ( 438 words)
Before I get started with the the reasons and all- I wanted to say that the daily team is made up of patient, kind and creative SWCers as I have already attended two sessions of SWC and this is my third session. Ever since then I have noticed that each and every daily is very useful to me in my daily life to achieve my short term goals and I will give you a very recent example for that. If you all remember yesterday's daily then you all know that we had to pick the last sentence from the our cabin's storyline and then write a story from it so this really helped me because in my school, we were going to have a writing challenge and in that our English teacher will give us random prompts or sentences from which we have to write a writing piece. I was really tensed about that but the daily team rescued me by giving a daily that saved me. I completed the daily and got points from my cabin which I was happy about and I nailed that writing piece and even got praised by my teach( it was a proud of me moment) which I would like to thank the daily team. This is not the first time but the daily team has helped me time and time again. We always get creative and interactive dailies from the daily team which helps me explore more and come out of my comfort zone and explore new writing styles like this one bi-daily which we had last session in which we had to imitate someone else's writing style and in that process I improved my writing style. We also get dailies in which we can interact and bond with other campers and sometimes even collaborate and have a little friendly competition which is beneficial to all. Furthermore, During these dailies I have worked upon my writing skills which helped me score a good mark in my essays at school and also it had improved my writing speed. I still remember that my writing speed used to somewhere around 35 word per minute just last year but now it is forty five to forty nine words per minute and it is all thanks to the daily team. I am telling you if you take away the most precious ornament of the SWC- the daily team then I don't think SWC will be fun anymore. So please stay my beloved daily team.

Thank you and I hope I convinced you guys.
ForestPanther
Scratcher
500+ posts

SWC March '24 Leader Application - Text Version
ForestPanther / CD :D

About Me

Hello there! I’m CD, your resident music kid, doer-of-things and master of loree D I use they/them pronouns and reside in EST! (GMT-5)

I have too many interests for my own good, but music is probably my biggest one. I play primarily piano, clarinet and soprano sax, dabbling in other instruments (is the kazoo an instrument? XD) and joining any ensemble I can get into. As for what I listen to- it's all over the place- from indie rock to weirdcore to jazz to game OSTs. My favourite artists would probably be Lovejoy, Jack Stauber or Luke Pickman )

I play basketball a lot- it's my favourite sport, and I’m excited to captain my school team this season!! I also play video games, such as Minecraft, Superliminal, fnaf and more I particularly love games with stories to figure out- clue hunting and puzzles are really cool to me!

Speaking of stories, as may be expected of a SWC-er, I love to read. I’m in multiple fandoms and tend to read any genre! Right now, I’m almost done Fahrenheit 451 ) I’ve also always liked writing, though unfortunately I’ve tended to do it less recently. I can’t wait to get back into it through SWC!

And of course, despite not watching much TV, I’ve recently got into Arcane (yes, two years late haha) and let me tell you it is AMAZING. I’d love to talk about it with anyone who’s into it—genuinely, it’s incredible.

I hope that you enjoy looking through my application <3

Participation

I’ve been in SWC for nine sessions, and this will be my tenth, having first joined back in March 2021! I’ve been leader once (Horror Reality, July 2023), co 3 times (Camp Contemp, March 2022, Thriller Ocean Expedition, November 2022 and Adventure Ruins, March 2023) and camper for the rest! Most recently in November I was a camper, after taking a break from leadership, but now I’m back and readier than ever Throughout my time as leader, I’ve created and led interactive storylines, made prizes and activities for within the cabin and been part of the Memory Book Team. This session, I plan to reach out as much as possible to help around camp

Away from SWC, I’ve held multiple leadership positions. I’ve been sports captain, House captain, student council, and leader of Battle of the Books teams. I’ve been first chair in music, created and entirely run clubs and competitions in-school, and led debate and maths teams! I’m well experienced in leadership and enjoy it a lot.

Cabin Preferences

If I were to lead a cabin, my highest genre preferences would probably be Steampunk or Dystopian (ooh fandom-themed cabins hehe) but I’d love Poetry, Bi-fi, or Fantasy!

I’d rather not lead a genre that I’ve done before, such as Horror, Thriller, Adventure or Contemp. I also don’t come equipped with a storyline in mind- for me, brainstorming and being creative with your team is one of the best parts of being a leader!

I don’t think that I’d be the best candidate to lead TCTWNW, as the competitive aspect of SWC is one of my favourite parts, and a large motivator for me )

Excerpt

This is an extract from a longer debate speech regarding the fear of advances in AI. It’s not a fiction piece, but despite that I feel that it’s the piece that I’m most proud of from recent works. I cut out parts to shorten the extract and highlight my favourite bits!

(start of speech)

The world is changing. New opportunities are being created every day as technology progresses. People are enacting incredible new ideas previously thought impossible, and as a result, humanity is advancing in almost all areas of life. And AI is a fundamental part of this change. AI allowing us to do things previously thought impossible. AI is our future.

Today, I will be convincing you that AI should not be feared.

(jump to the end of speech)

…I would also like to bring up how AI is leading to a surfeit of other innovations and possible developments.

Despite this tool only being around for a short time, we’ve already used it to create new technologies. This is especially apparent in healthcare, where it is being used to diagnose and treat diseases and has made breakthroughs in recognizing cancer.

AI has been seen to perform at a similar diagnostic accuracy as radiologists in identifying mammograms that show signs of cancer in the initial independent read. In short, it’s as good as any diagnosis, if not better. This will help achieve widespread global access to good healthcare, especially in underdeveloped regions where doctors may be few, but technology can be made available.

It’s been shown that AI could also help build the next generation of radiology tools and even implement brain-computer interfaces, or BCIs, that could help people with neurological disabilities function and communicate easier.

These are all incredible scientific breakthroughs that could help millions of people across the globe. AI is proving to be an essential aspect in scientific research and innovation and should be assisted and improved to further our development. The true power of what AI can achieve is incredible.

There is no reason to fear advances in AI- after all, we’ve already shown just how great it can be. From creating job opportunities to assisting analysis to saving lives through diagnosis, AI could be called the greatest progression we have made as a species.

Time Dedication

I can confidently commit time to SWC almost every day. My after-school afternoons have freed up as practice moved to the mornings (sob), which will greatly improve my efficiency, especially during the planning stage when there’s so much to be done! I always check in every day, even if it’s just to see how the cabin’s going, but often I’ll spend a couple hours online working towards things for SWC

That being said, I have a few trips over the next few months that I’ll be away from my laptop for. From the 10th of February, I have a one-week school trip to France, where I’ll have access to Scratch but be very busy! As well as this, from the 22nd of March to the 30th I’ll also be away from home, but I will have more downtime to check in on the camp. D

Time Management

Like many SWCers, I sometimes find myself falling victim to procrastination, but I do think that I’ve gotten significantly better this year! Over the last few months, I’ve been incredibly busy, and as a result I’ve learned to prioritize certain tasks over others and not waste time getting down to them. I’m trying to keep up habits like timelines, deadlines and keeping all my notes in one place in order to keep being efficient in this way

My main struggles with time management now include how meticulous I am- I put very high effort into everything I do and hold myself to very high standards. This can result in taking longer to be able to put a task down and be satisfied with it. Especially considering how much I sign myself up for, it’s something that I need to work on.

Working With Others

I really enjoy working with others, and it’s something that I love SWC for- the wonderful community that is always there to help ) When working with others, I’m good at having clear communication with them and ensuring that all of us know what’s going on. I’ve also gotten better at being able to distribute tasks evenly, so that no one else has too much- or too little! - to do. It’s important to me that everybody has a task that they will enjoy, so I’ll try to ensure that people get to pick their own projects as much as possible. And of course, I’ll always aim to create a friendly, casual and eager environment to be part of!

Something I need to improve on is sticking to my own promises for the benefit of the group. Often I’ll assign myself very large tasks and stress when I realize that I’ve bitten off more than I can chew- I need to be more honest to myself so that everybody in the team can work better

My Most Valued Quality

The quality that I value most in a leader is probably passion- I believe that if anybody truly loves what they’re doing, the rest will follow When a leader is really passionate about what they’re doing, it shows- their excitement, enthusiasm and hard work soaks into their surroundings and infects everyone in a positive way I try to embody passion by taking time to appreciate SWC for everything that it’s done for me and countless others, as well as putting maximum effort into all of my projects to ensure that it’s a good as possible for the community.

Atmosphere

“A competitive cabin focused on teamwork, collaboration and friendship through in-cabin and camp-wide activities! <3”

Checkboxes

Applying for leader and co, can put out a promotional project.
I can complete everything in the FAQ

Inactivity

In the case of a cabinmate being inactive, I’d firstly ensure that everybody is updated on the situation. This includes hosts, fellow leaders, and campers. I’d prioritize heavily tasks that are essential to our cabin or the wider camp and allow others to fall back in the list. I would do everything in my power to ensure that campers still have the best possible experience <3

I do have first-hand experience in this matter- in one of my sessions as a co, both my fellow leaders went suddenly inactive for the entire month of SWC, leaving me to manage the cabin myself. I ensured that we completed our storyline, all campers were engaged and enjoying the camp, and that the running of the cabin went smoothly. If a situation like this were to arise again, I’d be well prepared to handle it!

If I had to go inactive for any reason, my first priority would be to notify others of my absence, as well as when I'll be back. I’d always try my best to plan ahead for this inconvenience when possible.

– 1,686 words –

Last edited by ForestPanther (Jan. 19, 2024 23:03:47)

ello ello ello
CD, they/them

hey, you should join graffiti
in sac