Discuss Scratch

Programmer_112
Scratcher
72 posts

Programming other than Scratch

I can use JavaScript a bit, almost fluent in Python, and I want to learn Objective-C.

Founder of Power Productions
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

Besides Scratch ….
um idk really. I don't… wait…
Robot C for my FTC team dn small Basic for fun

OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Programmer_112 wrote:

I can use JavaScript a bit, almost fluent in Python, and I want to learn Objective-C.
Exactly. Except that I'm almost fluent in JS.

TES-Pro
Scratcher
63 posts

i'm currently trying to learn lua. i just want to know what languages other peeps are learning. also, this is a place to put good P.R. tutorials.

Anyone who wants to play Shadow of Mordor because of the nemesis system should try to recreate it in scratch (well now I'm committed).
NekoRockerGirl
Scratcher
9 posts

Well, I code in C++, and it's really cool that you are learning to program in lua. What program do you use to code? I use Microsoft Visual, but I have heard of other good programs.
christian2000
Scratcher
50 posts

I also code in C++.I started learning java this morning. I use code::blocks for c++. (I don't have an IDE for java, so I edit it in notepad++ and compile it command line.)

There used to be a meaningful signature here.
TES-Pro
Scratcher
63 posts

i am learning lua for a minecraft mod for called computercraft. i plan on learning javascript for well. everything else once i start coding

Anyone who wants to play Shadow of Mordor because of the nemesis system should try to recreate it in scratch (well now I'm committed).
cobraguy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I know some and I'm still learning Java. I've been trying to learn C++ but have been slacking off for the past month or so. I use Eclipse for Java and C++. Right now, I want to get back into web development but I don't really know what to do to practice my HTML, CSS, and JS skills For web development, I like to use Notepad++.

Last edited by cobraguy (Dec. 10, 2013 03:02:59)

gravtest
Scratcher
100+ posts

I know Python, PHP, Javascript, SQL, (HTML, CSS), and some Ruby, and I'm learning C, C++, C#, Java, a couple of Assemblies, Pascal, Haskell, Lisp, and Lua.

TES-Pro
Scratcher
63 posts

someone could post tutorials of sorts to help…

NekoRockerGirl
Scratcher
9 posts

I can start posting tutorials later,
TES-Pro
Scratcher
63 posts

NekoRockerGirl wrote:

ty preferably lua or javscript butwhatever peopleare learning

NekoRockerGirl
Scratcher
9 posts

TES-Pro wrote:

NekoRockerGirl wrote:

ty preferably lua or javscript butwhatever peopleare learning

I'm not sure how to code in those languages but I can try I guess
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I know HTML, I need a refresher course in CSS, I'd probably recognize Ruby if I saw the syntax, and my main language is JavaScript.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I mostly do web stuff with HTML, CSS, and PHP (and a bit of Javascript here and there). I also do a bit in Processing.

3DSfan12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Last edited by 3DSfan12345 (Dec. 17, 2013 01:35:57)

In 2018, I asked the Scratch Team to remove all my forum posts to protect my privacy. That's why this post is blank. Besides, I've outgrown this website, and I don't want the dumb things I said in my late tween/early teen years to follow me around for the rest of my life. This post probably wasn't anything interesting or important, anyway.
awesomeness01
Scratcher
97 posts

I know c for arduino, I am teaching myself JSON through scratch, and I want to make a mod for scratch 2 but don't know how to.

What If by awesomeness01
The absurd scientific question forum/studio: Studio/Forum
As the JavaScript goes…
var kumquat = new evilKumquat();
kumquat.eatSignature(“cheddargirl”);
kumquat.eatIcon(“Chibi-Matoran”);

Use the above code now! See this forum link.
Ironbizmark
Scratcher
100+ posts

I do a lot of web development (JavaScript, PHP) but I know some Java and Objective-C.

Bithexagon: Here
Universal OS: Here
Essential OS: Here
Cube(1s,1s): Here
My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.9.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Flash 11.9 (release 900)

Scratcher
1 post

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JavaScript FTW!

You may call me crazy, and I guarantee most of the world will agree with you, but I am determined to make an AI with JS!

I love JS.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!