Discuss Scratch

dashpro018
Scratcher
5 posts

Is There Any Way To Increase Quality In Scratch? GRIFFPATCH, LETS MAKE A QUALITY INCREASING SCRATCH BLOCK! :)

is there any way to make scratch different quality like 4k or 8k or 16k!?

I feel like there should be a block which is able to increase the quality of scratch blocks or sprites, or even sprite sounds! To qualities like at least 8k, because imagine how cool scratch projects would become so smooth and cool to look at! a block like:
(change quality by ())
or a block like:
(set quality to ())
could help a lot with the quality difference in scratch like stamped clone quality enhancing, scratch can you make it happen!?
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is There Any Way To Increase Quality In Scratch? GRIFFPATCH, LETS MAKE A QUALITY INCREASING SCRATCH BLOCK! :)

dashpro018 wrote:

imagine how cool scratch projects would become so smooth
resolution and framerate are different

nintendo is my favorite indie company :3 they deserve all my money and i love them and will always buy a $60/yr subscription for 30 year old games!!!
CAVEMAN_BEK
Scratcher
4 posts

Unfortunately, you can't change the resolution, unless you manually make a new sprite with a higher resolution.
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what about scratchers with limited data plans. can the browsers handle it?

CAVEMAN_BEK
Scratcher
4 posts

Even If you could, it would lag scratch alot, unless you have a decent GPU.
If you wanted a decent looking game, learn a different programing language, if scratch could be defined as one.
It would also require alot of internet.

Last edited by CAVEMAN_BEK (April 10, 2023 02:46:55)

dashpro018
Scratcher
5 posts

CAVEMAN_BEK wrote:

learn a different programing language

I know different programming languages like python, html, C, C++, C#, and also a little bit of malborge, however, I would like to raise a new idea for scratch to upgrade to 4.0. When you you the pen block:
stamp
You can see that the stamped sprite has very low resolution, is there anyway that you could make a block to improve that. like:
(set resolution to ())
or for example:
(change resolution by ())
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dashpro018 wrote:

malbolge
teach me your ways (because malbolge is literally humanly impossible to learn)

Last edited by BreadcatGames (April 10, 2023 04:27:43)

nintendo is my favorite indie company :3 they deserve all my money and i love them and will always buy a $60/yr subscription for 30 year old games!!!
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dashpro018 wrote:

CAVEMAN_BEK wrote:

learn a different programing language

I know different programming languages like python, html, C, C++, C#, and also a little bit of malborge, however, I would like to raise a new idea for scratch to upgrade to 4.0. When you you the pen block:
stamp
You can see that the stamped sprite has very low resolution, is there anyway that you could make a block to improve that. like:
Well yeah. that's because it makes a bitmap image instead of a vector image so it seems that way.

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Stage isn't SVG so you can't but it's also an issue when you try to render the stage in a larger screen, fun, but low quality.

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
jellyfishfisher56
Scratcher
500+ posts

dashpro018 wrote:

is there any way to make scratch different quality like 4k or 8k or 16k!
could help a lot with the quality difference in scratch like stamped clone quality enhancing, scratch can you make it happen!?
No, because, resolution and framerate are not the same factor.

jellyfishfisher56 | on Scratch for 3½ years | currently semi-active | 750+ posts | long-time forumer | Give me an Internet

Foxi135
Scratcher
100+ posts

dashpro018 wrote:

is there any way to make scratch different quality like 4k or 8k or 16k!?…
…imagine how cool scratch projects would become so smooth and cool to look at!
nuhuh

very smooth

you don't need 4k, 8k or anythingk, for most things 1080p (FullHD) is enough.
if you want higher quality pen, just use Turbowarp: https://turbowarp.org/?hqpen.
you can change settings there by clicking on “Advanced”

the reason the pen is so pixelated is because its made for 480x360 resolution.

Last edited by Foxi135 (April 11, 2023 14:13:29)

hi

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Foxi135 wrote:

dashpro018 wrote:

nuhuh

very smooth

if you want higher quality pen, just use Turbowarp: https://turbowarp.org/?hqpen.

Did your PC actually burn?

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
lolecksdeehaha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

Foxi135 wrote:

that is an edited image, intended for humor in this specific situation

Beep boop. I am a robot, and this action was performed automatically. If you have any concerns, please contact the owner of this robot.

ing season coming “soon”

I'm the founder of Forumoji, the source of all those neat forum emojis you occasionally see (the ones not in the default menu).

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lolecksdeehaha wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

Foxi135 wrote:

that is an edited image, intended for humor in this specific situation
I see.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Foxi135 wrote:

dashpro018 wrote:

nuhuh

very smooth

maybe if GarboMuffin make the pen go SVG than using the default things, but why the photoshop?

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
applejuiceproduc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WojtekGame wrote:

Foxi135 wrote:

dashpro018 wrote:

nuhuh

very smooth

maybe if GarboMuffin make the pen go SVG than using the default things, but why the photoshop?
bc it funny

A signature
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

opening projects on tablet will be a nightmare