Discuss Scratch

kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-YourLocalPhantom- wrote:

Is there something I can help with right now?
Sure! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/982111310/
This is the current plan for what the screens will look like. What's your specialty again? (coding, art, musci?)
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

This is the current plan for what the screens will look like. What's your specialty again? (coding, art, musci?)
Coding and pixel art
And in case you missed the announcement, I’m -OdysseyCentral-, just moved to a different account.

Your eyes are open
So never close them
You’ll sail the ocean
Finding where you should be
And if you’re broken
You’ll make your own thing
You’ll make it so big
For all the world to see
Riiviir
Scratcher
69 posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

Current Version Of The Project!!!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/731019661/
So much progress is being made! Thanks to everyone who has put effort in so far! (I'd like some feedback on the button effects that I've added)
Feel free to give any suggestions!
I love the effects on the buttons! It looks great!!

-Rii (They/He)
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

Coding and pixel art
And in case you missed the announcement, I’m -OdysseyCentral-, just moved to a different account.
Alright, you can make some nonograms (10x10 pixel art, and I'll approve which ones would make good nonograms)
For coding, the next biggest thing that I'm going to have is a cloud saving function where people can save nonograms (up to 75) and then encoding and decoding the nonograms. (It's a really complicated process, that I'll explain later (if you really want to do it)
But creating some nonograms rn would be really helpful!

Riiviir wrote:

kanomaster wrote:

Current Version Of The Project!!!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/731019661/
So much progress is being made! Thanks to everyone who has put effort in so far! (I'd like some feedback on the button effects that I've added)
Feel free to give any suggestions!
I love the effects on the buttons! It looks great!!
Thanks!! Have you finished any(more) of the backgrounds? I'll plug them in as I go along.
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

I'm currently working on an improved menu.

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

I'm currently working on an improved menu.
Alright, can you elaborate on that?
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

kanomaster wrote:

Coding and pixel art
Alright, you can make some nonograms (10x10 pixel art, and I'll approve which ones would make good nonograms)
For coding, the next biggest thing that I'm going to have is a cloud saving function where people can save nonograms (up to 75) and then encoding and decoding the nonograms. (It's a really complicated process, that I'll explain later (if you really want to do it)
But creating some nonograms rn would be really helpful!
Good nonograms as good looking ones (like you solve it and you get a small picture thing) or good nonograms as good puzzles?

Last edited by -YourLocalPhantom- (March 15, 2024 18:02:26)

Your eyes are open
So never close them
You’ll sail the ocean
Finding where you should be
And if you’re broken
You’ll make your own thing
You’ll make it so big
For all the world to see
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Good nonograms as good looking ones (like you solve it and you get a small picture thing) or good nonograms as good puzzles?
Both I guess, If there are too few squares that are colored, then it won't be possible to solve. But they shouldn't look ugly… I guess?
King-Boi1548
Scratcher
26 posts

LongFun Games

I am following the forum, and I'll try to make the credits screen soon. If you want I can also make some music for it.
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

@kanomaster, I have a font set for the game, and I'm making better Icons

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
King-Boi1548
Scratcher
26 posts

LongFun Games

Hello, @Jaskel, I am Kingboi and I have been on this website for like three years now. Please tell me if there is anything I can help with for this project. I specialize in music and art kinda I guess.
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Maybe you could make a Menu theme for the game? I don't know though, since Kanomaster is in charge

Hello, I am Jaskel!

King-Boi1548
Scratcher
26 posts

LongFun Games

I'll make the menu music, but I want to know what the game is about because it would be really out of place to make some intimidating, anbeint, music for a puzzle game. lol
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

King-Boi1548 wrote:

I'll make the menu music, but I want to know what the game is about because it would be really out of place to make some intimidating, anbeint, music for a puzzle game. lol
*yawns* Sorry y'all had to do a LGPE (Large Group Performance Evaluation) for my high school band. I just woke up from a two hour nap (heh) Anyways, to answer KingBoi's question. This is indeed a puzzle game. So don't create any “intimidating music”, create some nice melodic lines. Also please do the credits screen as well, thx!
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

@kanomaster, I have a font set for the game, and I'm making better Icons
Cool! What do you mean by better icons?
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Like menu icons that would fit a puzzle-style game. I'll share some pictures in a project I'm working on

Hello, I am Jaskel!

kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

Like menu icons that would fit a puzzle-style game. I'll share some pictures in a project I'm working on
Alright, would you also like to take a shot at the background? That would be cool.
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

Oh, and I still need that scrolling code thing. And I'll give a little detail in what it needs to do:
All the buttons for the game (or icons as you call it) are in one sprite rn, and I have a extemely long piece of code that tells each clone of the button what to do based on if their current game screen is in play.

On the level select menu there will be all the clones of levels 1-25 on the screen. (not all on the screen, but like 1-12 and then the rest you have to scroll down to get to) So I need something that will work for clones, and I'll determine when they fade in, out, etc. Thx
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

jaskeI wrote:

Alright, would you also like to take a shot at the background? That would be cool.

Sure, I'll work on a background, and I'll take another shot at the scrolling menu, and if I can't I will just continue with arrows.

Hello, I am Jaskel!

G22IsBetter
Scratcher
8 posts

LongFun Games

I have an idea for the scrolling menu, it's pretty simple, and I used this in a clicker for my tutorial thing.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/953591993/

I can revise it to fit this game.

Last edited by G22IsBetter (March 16, 2024 23:41:12)

“Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust god.”
- Kendrick Lamar

Now, forget that random quote I like and play my games because advertising is annoying. :D