Discuss Scratch

kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

Sure thing!
Thanks for being so helpful! Afterwards if you'd like you can do any of the other tasks I've listed, or come up with some other ideas. Thanks a lot!
G22IsBetter
Scratcher
8 posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

G22IsBetter wrote:

Username: @G22IsBetter
Skills: Mostly design, I can do pixel art
Activity (1-10): 8
Following this topic: Yes
Terms and Conditions: I sure have read it
Other:
define cringe
You don't have all the codewords, but I've seen some of your projects, and they aren't bad. (like the art design that you could contribute) Usually Odyssey Central would be quite strict with these code words, but I've taken over as acting leader for a little while soooo: Welcome to LongFun Games. Have you seen my most recent post? (contains most of the stuff we need to get done for new project) I like the smooth transitions you've added in some of your games, could you design a menu (details in Post #791) with some of these transitions? Thx

Riiviir wrote:

kanomaster wrote:

kanomaster wrote:

-snip-
I'll take care of music as well btw, I like an excuse to compose something
Alright, have you done the art yet? (If so, can you please share it and upload it to the studio?) Thanks y'all.

P.S. (I need sprites for numbers 0-9 in Serif Font ASAP. Like I can't do anymore until I have those numbers.

Like really need them ASAP. Need to measure each letters width and plug these value into a premade list that I have.

oh whoops. I just added one. also, I'll make it as soon as I can.

“Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust god.”
- Kendrick Lamar

Now, forget that random quote I like and play my games because advertising is annoying. :D
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Done!

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

jaskeI wrote:

Done!
Awesome! Do you know how to make a scrolling menu? Like with a scroll button, and you can move it up and down? Thanks if you can! (If you can't that's fine.)
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

G22IsBetter wrote:

oh whoops. I just added one. also, I'll make it as soon as I can.
@jaskel has already done the sprites, sooooo
Can you do some 10x10 pixel art please? (You said you were pretty good at it) Make sure there is enough detail to be solvable for a nonogram. You can make as many of these as you want/can! Thanks!
Edit: I want most of these to be in black and white, but you can make a couple with other colors (only two of each tho, Example: red and blue, blue and green, etc)

Last edited by kanomaster (March 12, 2024 19:12:10)

jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

I made a Scroll wheel https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/981397511/

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

Sorry yall, I shouldn't have committed so soon- I have finals this week
I will be able to help next week but this week I have an essay and a big presentation to make
Plus a HUGE bio final test soooooo
Not this week, but next week I will make the transitions. Im a lil rusty, school and football have been keeping me too busy to code much, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve.

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

Da Gang: (There's no order, just a list so don't take any offense)
@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@-GaIaxy_cat- (spelled with capitol i and not a lowercase L)
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

ItBeJC wrote:

Sorry yall, I shouldn't have committed so soon- I have finals this week
I will be able to help next week but this week I have an essay and a big presentation to make
Plus a HUGE bio final test soooooo
Not this week, but next week I will make the transitions. Im a lil rusty, school and football have been keeping me too busy to code much, but I still have some tricks up my sleeve.
Alright, you can get to it if you can, but I may delegate your work to someone else. Good luck with your finals!
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

UPDATE
Great progress is being made, (thanks @Riiviir and @jaskei)
Base Game/Checking Mechanic ✔️
Number Bar Engine ✔️
Serif Font ✔️
Scrolling Levels (clones) and scroll bar (In Progress)
Background Art and Buttons (In Progress)
10x10 Pixel Art (Essentially Pre-made levels) ❌ (In Progress I think by @G22IsBetter, but anyone can create some quick 10x10 grid nonogram designs)
Smooth Transitions (Ghost effect, smooth motion effects from menu to level select, to levels etc) ❌
Music ❌
Anything else y'all want to add to the game. (Just give me suggestions!) ❌

Keep up the good work, and don't be afraid to ask for anything!

Me Pondering ideas for a cloud saver… Saves nonograms to the cloud for other to see. (If you don't understand this, then oh well, I probably wouldn't understand my own ideas either)
Scratch supports 2560 letters in the cloud (using all 10 cloud variables)
A nonogram has 100 squares that can be blank (0) or colored (1)
Using this knowledge, we can just combine 0101010101010010101001010101001…. (one hundred zero's and ones) to determine the nonogram.
BUT this only allows for 25 nonograms to be saved… That's not much.

My best idea involves 34 numbers that chunks parts of the Nonogram like this. Each number in the cloud is equal to 3 nonogram squares.
1-8 like this
1 = 000
2 = 100
3 = 010
4 = 001
5 = 110
6 = 101
7 = 011
8 =111
Using one number in the cloud (1-8) We can determine all possible nongrams in a 1x3 grid, then we repeat this 33 times to get all possible solutions for a 99 square nonogram. The final square is then just a 0 or 1.
Using the 34:100 idea we are able to save 75 nonograms to the cloud… but that's it…
If anyone understood this, can you suggest a better idea? Thx. (I'ma send this to RokCoder too heh)

Last edited by kanomaster (March 13, 2024 01:32:19)

G22IsBetter
Scratcher
8 posts

LongFun Games

I might have to work on it later this week because I have an orchestra concert (I should've signed up earlier lol). I'm still working on that tho. When I'm done, I'll be posting it on my other account, @G22IsArtist. Also, I'd love to work on transitions!

Last edited by G22IsBetter (March 13, 2024 03:02:16)

“Life will put many red lights in front of you, but sometimes we must push on the gas and trust god.”
- Kendrick Lamar

Now, forget that random quote I like and play my games because advertising is annoying. :D
jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

I have an Idea to store infinite black/white Nonograms . It involves the Nonogram changing its costume when the level is opened, and we can use a color detection script on all of the blocks to automatically put the numbers there.

Hello, I am Jaskel!

kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

To give everyone (and myself) a guidance/organization idea of what the game screens will look like.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/982111310/editor/
G22IsArtist
Scratcher
5 posts

LongFun Games

will the game mainly be vector or pixel art (other than the nonograms)?

btw this is @G22IsBetter, and i made three so far : https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/981563141/

Last edited by G22IsArtist (March 14, 2024 00:22:21)

kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

G22IsArtist wrote:

will the game mainly be vector or pixel art (other than the nonograms)?

btw this is @G22IsBetter, and i made three so far : https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/981563141/
Probably Vector, currently @Riiviir is working on the sprites. (you can help on some backgrounds if you'd like/can!)
Riiviir
Scratcher
69 posts

LongFun Games

kanomaster wrote:

To give everyone (and myself) a guidance/organization idea of what the game screens will look like.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/982111310/editor/
Thanks so much for this! Definitely gonna end up using this as an effective checklist haha

-Rii (They/He)
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Current Version Of The Project!!!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/731019661/
So much progress is being made! Thanks to everyone who has put effort in so far! (I'd like some feedback on the button effects that I've added)
Feel free to give any suggestions!
King-Boi1548
Scratcher
26 posts

LongFun Games

helo
King-Boi1548
Scratcher
26 posts

LongFun Games

I here now
kanomaster
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

King-Boi1548 wrote:

I here now
Alright! (are you following this forum)
Here is the current project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/731019661/
Here is the current plan for the “Game Screens”: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/982111310/

If you'd like, you can create a rolling credits screen (that can be edited later on to include more people, and a logo) Thanks!
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

LongFun Games

Is there something I can help with right now?