Discuss Scratch

-DizzyMoose-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

ItBeJC wrote:

Yup! Also, can we make it in cloud? I'm pretty bored.
I was literally thinking that yesterday lol

King of Lemonlandia, Cool Animator and Local Weirdo,

Me.
-DizzyMoose-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

Hey everyone. Even though we are not starting a new game yet, I would like to present a new idea for a game we could make. It is an idea I have gotten long time ago and it was actually when I made a post in the Collaboration forum for the first time. Sadly, no one joined the collaboration. But know when we are slowly getting new members and the team is active, I thinked we could revive that idea. Basically, it is RPG game in which the main character (the player) moves into a new town to escape the old life and creates a cafeteria shop in their new city to have a source of money. To get ingredients they need to explore the secret underground world, which one of the many entrances is in the cafeteria’s basement. The player could make various products, like different types of coffee, chocolate and desserts. This is a base idea and needs to be expanded. Should there be bosses? Should there be rewards for exploring the city? Maybe the player could use some of the caves near the surface to store various machines to make extra products? This are just ideas, but one thing that isn’t an idea is a mechanic that would be cool in the game. Basically there would be a blacksmith in the town. He could provide the player with equipment for exploring the underground caverns, like armor and weapons. It would basically work like that: the player would give the blacksmith some materials and tell them they want a melee weapon or armor or anything else, and it will show how much equipment of that type they could get from the materials. The player could press a button, and a random piece of equipment would be made from the materials the player gave the blacksmith. After getting a certain piece of equipment, it would be added to a list of discovered equipment, which will make the equipment show when the player gives the blacksmith enough materials for that piece of equipment. What do you think of that idea?

Just gonna clean this up so people can understand it better:

Hey everyone.
Even though we are not starting a new game yet, I would like to present a new idea for a game we could make. It is an idea I have gotten long time ago and it was actually when I made a post in the Collaboration forum for the first time. Sadly, no one joined the collaboration. But now when we are slowly getting new members and the team is active, I think we could revive that idea.

Main Idea
Basically, it is RPG game in which the main character (the player) moves into a new town to escape the old life and creates a cafeteria shop in their new city to have a source of money. To get ingredients they need to explore the secret underground world, which one of the many entrances is in the cafeteria’s basement. The player could make various products, like different types of coffee, chocolate and desserts. This is a base idea and needs to be expanded.

Other Possible Mechanics
  • Should there be bosses?
    Should there be rewards for exploring the city?
    Maybe the player could use some of the caves near the surface to store various machines to make extra products?

Blacksmith Mechanic
These are just ideas, but one thing that isn’t an idea is a mechanic that would be cool in the game.
Basically there would be a blacksmith in the town. He could provide the player with equipment for exploring the underground caverns, like armor and weapons.
It would basically work like that: the player would give the blacksmith some materials and tell them they want a melee weapon or armor or anything else, and it will show how much equipment of that type they could get from the materials. The player could press a button, and a random piece of equipment would be made from the materials the player gave the blacksmith. After getting a certain piece of equipment, it would be added to a list of discovered equipment, which will make the equipment show when the player gives the blacksmith enough materials for that piece of equipment.

What do you think of that idea?

(Extra Note, Please quote on this version just so it is simpler)

Me.
ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

I think that would be awesome! If we made it in the cloud, we could make a trading system.

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

Da Gang: (There's no order, just a list so don't take any offense)
@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@-GaIaxy_cat- (spelled with capitol i and not a lowercase L)
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

ItBeJC wrote:

I think that would be awesome! If we made it in the cloud, we could make a trading system.
Yeah, but the problem is that players that just started could get items that took like 50+ hours to get so we would need to assign a “price” to each item so it was only possible to trade items with similar total price.

The Honey Shop is back! Check us out on the Requests forum!

=== ♪ ♬ ♫ ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Champion’s Road, from Odyssey’s Ultimate Playlist ♩ ♭ ♫ ===
=== 1:37 ───ㅇ───── 4.01 ↻ Previous Song: Battle on The Great Tower◁ II ▷Next song: Ground (SMW) ↺. ♬ ♪ ♩===
moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Yeah, but the problem is that players that just started could get items that took like 50+ hours to get so we would need to assign a “price” to each item so it was only possible to trade items with similar total price.
Or instead of trading there could be a competitive multiplayer mode or something where players use the stuff that they got in-game and fight other players. Winning matches gives small prizes? Idk. Maybe not.

My teacher took points off of my homework assignment because it caught fire and I turned in “a pile of ash”. But to be fair, the information is still on that paper, it’s just slightly harder to read than it used to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

LongFun Games

moomooCookie wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Or instead of trading there could be a competitive multiplayer mode or something where players use the stuff that they got in-game and fight other players. Winning matches gives small prizes? Idk. Maybe not.
It would be cool for sure, but trading is still cool too.

moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Mic_hal16 wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Agreed.

Off topic: has anyone here ever played river city ransom? That’s kind of what I’m imagining this game to be but with different maps and storyline. Idk why though

Edit: The ORIGINAL river city ransom.

Last edited by moomooCookie (Feb. 14, 2023 21:20:39)

My teacher took points off of my homework assignment because it caught fire and I turned in “a pile of ash”. But to be fair, the information is still on that paper, it’s just slightly harder to read than it used to be ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

moomooCookie wrote:

Mic_hal16 wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Agreed.

Off topic: has anyone here ever played river city ransom? That’s kind of what I’m imagining this game to be but with different maps and storyline. Idk why though

No, I didn't play it. But I in turn imagine this game to be similar to Haunted Chocolatier in some ways.

=== ♪ ♬ ♫ ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Champion’s Road, from Odyssey’s Ultimate Playlist ♩ ♭ ♫ ===
=== 1:37 ───ㅇ───── 4.01 ↻ Previous Song: Battle on The Great Tower◁ II ▷Next song: Ground (SMW) ↺. ♬ ♪ ♩===
ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

We could have levels, and players of certain levels can only trade with other players with similar levels. (Levels meaning you have to earn xp to level up)

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
-DizzyMoose-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

That’s good but I thought we can have that but also a separate “auction house” where the player sets a price and players can bid so the price gets higher and higher (you know how an auction works)

Me.
-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

ItBeJC wrote:

We could have levels, and players of certain levels can only trade with other players with similar levels. (Levels meaning you have to earn xp to level up)
I don't think it would work in an rpg games unless they were skill levels, like farming, mining, fighting etc.

moomooCookie
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

Mic_hal16 wrote:

moomooCookie wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Agreed.

No, I didn't play it. But I in turn imagine this game to be similar to Haunted Chocolatier in some ways.
Ohhhhhhhhhh. I was thinking 2D like super Mario, not 2D like top-down scroller. Ok. We’re on the same page now

-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

-DizzyMoose- wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

That’s good but I thought we can have that but also a separate “auction house” where the player sets a price and players can bid so the price gets higher and higher (you know how an auction works)
Yeah, and each thing would have a minimum price, like a diamond could be 3K or something minimum.

-DizzyMoose-
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

-DizzyMoose- wrote:

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

ItBeJC wrote:

Yeah, and each thing would have a minimum price, like a diamond could be 3K or something minimum.
Or some noob could just sell like the rarest armour (another idea) and sell it for 3coins or something lol.

Me.
xouzouris
Scratcher
100+ posts

LongFun Games

Hey, sorry, I have been gone for a while, is there anything left to do?

>> Head of Scratchedia <<

Scratchedia is the recreation of the
internet, on Scratch, that's safe!

Random Stuff:
My little cousin asked me why we can't make and run a nuclear reactor at home…

Don't forget to keep on Scratchin'
ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

xouzouris wrote:

Hey, sorry, I have been gone for a while, is there anything left to do?
We're post poning the making of JTTP. Thinking of making a simpler game.

Game Is Game.

My King Message:

@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
TheClaw7654
Scratcher
500+ posts

LongFun Games

I am smeowderman

Ok back to the topic xd

Last edited by TheClaw7654 (Feb. 16, 2023 17:32:29)

I don't use Scratch that much anymore

If you see a forum topic of mine that was made in 2021, let me know ASAP so I can close it
CLICK TO JOIN SMEOWDERMAN CULT TODAY!!!

Omg!!! You're an evil kumquat!! To prove you are not an evil kumquat, please give me an Internet.

Cursed script jumpscare

say [foo v] :: operators :: hat
delete clone of [myself v] :: custom
switch costume to <existing?:: motion> :: control
when I start as a [clone v] :: sound :: cap

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ULTRA BOOLEAN :: #fa0255> :: #fa02ac> :: #fa02ee> :: #d902fa> :: #6502fa> :: #024dfa> :: #02cdfa> :: #02fa93> :: #02fa0b> :: #a3fa02> :: #e1fa02> :: #fac002> :: #fa7a02> :: #fa3402> :: #fa0202> :: #fa0202

Here are my mighty anti-kumquat warriors:
you may need to use shift+right
<<<<<*-_-*::#c9b16d>::operators>::operators>::operators>::operators>::operators>//This is Brucie! He has mighty cards as his weapon.
(_(_(_(_(_)_)_)_)_)// And this is Morsie! He doesn't do much, but he distracts kumquats with his unique Beepolese language.

-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

TheClaw7654 wrote:

I am smeowderman

Ok back to the topic xd
Spooderman + Smeowderman = Smeoowderman lol
Also back on topic

ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

For anyone who's interested) I'm making an MMO

Game Is Game.

My King Message:

@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LongFun Games

ItBeJC wrote:

For anyone who's interested) I'm making an MMO
Ok. Also, I had an epic idea for making something cloud based in the RPG game idea. There could be some sort of place where the player could go to test their combat skills. It would basically be a Rougelike mode in a RPG game. The player would start with basic items and try to get as far as they can. There could be a cloud leaderboard to see which player is the best in combat. What do you think?