dhuls wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

(#138)

dhuls wrote:

Device: Galaxy A13 5G (AT&T)
Would prefer to not have to wipe the phone, but I might
What's wrong?
It's November 2022 now
Also the device should've received Android 12 by now, yet it's still on Android 11
Manually update it.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

dhuls wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

(#140)

dhuls wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

(#138)

dhuls wrote:

Device: Galaxy A13 5G (AT&T)
Would prefer to not have to wipe the phone, but I might
What's wrong?
It's November 2022 now
Also the device should've received Android 12 by now, yet it's still on Android 11
Manually update it.
[this post used to contain exclusively an image. the image is removed to snip]
Seems like you have an outdated ROM. You should probably flash a newer version of the same ROM (recommended) or LineageOS (not recommended, unless a] your device is supported and b] you know what you are doing)

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I would try Linux, but my aunt keeps demanding i use the spyware she pays for

What is the spyware called? If it's on Windows, install WindowsFX instead. It has a free trial and will soon become trash after being installed, but it should work for a bit. If it's on macOS, then install PearOS.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

PPPDUD wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

What is the spyware called? If it's on Windows, install WindowsFX instead. It has a free trial and will soon become trash after being installed, but it should work for a bit. If it's on macOS, then install PearOS.

You could just use WSL, install a desktop environment inside that, and use a Windows-based X11 client like VcXsrv to basically connect to the DE. I use this on my development PC and it works well for regular work.

You can't really play any OpenGL games like Minecraft over 6 FPS, ( WSL GPU is virtualized :skull: ) but that is probably not something you want to do anyway.

But if you actually want to try it on bare-metal, I would just flash a Linux operating system of your choice to a USB (PopOS is nice) and boot from it.
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

PPPDUD wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I was joking around about Windows being spyware, she seems to think the computer, by having Windows, can only run Windows, and not Linux. I just got a USB drive to download Ubuntu to, and am moving the iso file to the drive via her laptop.

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (Nov. 25, 2022 17:54:50)

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

A series Samsung Galaxy devices typically recieve new Android major releases 3-6 months after initial release of the software.

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Nov. 25, 2022 21:35:24)

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Is there a way to get wobbly windows on Windows 11 without paying?

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Rip my computer, it won't update, I'm still suck on the original windows 11, i like it better than that new gui.
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

(#145)

PPPDUD wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I was joking around about Windows being spyware, she seems to think the computer, by having Windows, can only run Windows, and not Linux. I just got a USB drive to download Ubuntu to, and am moving the iso file to the drive via her laptop.
nonono, i was just saying fix the corrupt drive using linux and you can continue using Windows

Last edited by Redstone1080 (Nov. 26, 2022 03:43:41)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

My Steelseries Rival 3 (not wireless) kinda died. It will only very rarely detect left mouse clicks. Other buttons work fine. I used to drag click on it all the time (which is probably the problem). Any solution that doesn't involve getitng another mouse? thx

p.s. it was working perfectly fine earlier today

also wanted to say that i had a rival 3 wireless that also died, i might not get a steelseries mouse again if i have to get another one (budget: <$100 cad so no g502 lol)

Last edited by Redstone1080 (Nov. 26, 2022 03:51:33)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

my Samsung blu-ray/smart tv thingy died, netflix froze and now it is now a black screen
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

My baby monitor broke WAYYY before this topic existed.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

my Samsung blu-ray/smart tv thingy died, netflix froze and now it is now a black screen
help! i only wanted to watch netflix!
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

i want to install windows xp on an old laptop that has been completely wiped(?). I do not know anything about it at the moment
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Alderheart_54 wrote:

i want to install windows xp on an old laptop that has been completely wiped(?). I do not know anything about it at the moment
What was the year that laptop released. You'll want one released between 2001 and 2005

Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Alderheart_54 wrote:

What was the year that laptop released. You'll want one released between 2001 and 2005
Idk, i haven't gotten it yet, it's still in the mail. i know that i will be getting an old ipad mini 3. oh also, how do i update windows 7 to 8.1 without an internet connecton/fast internet connection.
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

help! i opened apple mail and it sent my ipad into a spinny wheel! Now i force restarted it, hope for the best!
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Alderheart_54 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Alderheart_54 wrote:

Idk, i haven't gotten it yet, it's still in the mail. i know that i will be getting an old ipad mini 3. oh also, how do i update windows 7 to 8.1 without an internet connecton/fast internet connection.
Windows 8.1 loses support in just a few months, I wouldn't recommend that. I would recommend straight to Windows 10, and if that's too slow then get and install an SSD as it will double, triple, or maybe even quadruple the performance of the device.

Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Alderheart_54 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Alderheart_54 wrote:

Windows 8.1 loses support in just a few months, I wouldn't recommend that. I would recommend straight to Windows 10, and if that's too slow then get and install an SSD as it will double, triple, or maybe even quadruple the performance of the device.
I have a windows 7 laptop, i need to update it because “the wifi driver might be corrupted”
thats what windows said.
Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Rip my computer, it won't update, I'm still suck on the original windows 11, i like it better than that new gui.
“couldn't update, try again later”

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat: