Discuss Scratch

Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

apparently there was a windows 10 phone?
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I would try Linux, but my aunt keeps demanding i use the spyware she pays for

What is the spyware called? If it's on Windows, install WindowsFX instead. It has a free trial and will soon become trash after being installed, but it should work for a bit. If it's on macOS, then install PearOS.
I was joking around about Windows being spyware, she seems to think the computer, by having Windows, can only run Windows, and not Linux. I just got a USB drive to download Ubuntu to, and am moving the iso file to the drive via her laptop.
hackintosh moment
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Alderheart_54 wrote:

apparently there was a windows 10 phone?
Yeah. It flopped terribly on the market and I wouldn't recommend buying it. The platform and their only App store is no longer supported, so you can't get anything recent.
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Is there a way to get wobbly windows on Windows 11 without paying?
Proprietary software moment

You'll probably use it for a couple of days and get tired of the eyecandy, so there isn't much point. I did the same thing on KDE with a MacOS like dock and window theme once, but got tired of it after only a few months. Now I use a window manager, because why not
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

my wifi driver might be corrupt on windows 7, how do i fix this? oh, my isp does not support this computer, but this is the only computer that i have.
Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Help, Apple has not fixed this since iOS 14.5. My timer sometimes repeats a beat until another sound plays when i hit the stop button, help.

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat:
SuperSonicmario
Scratcher
100+ posts

Technology Help topic II

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

What was the year that laptop released. You'll want one released between 2001 and 2005
It doesn't need to be anywhere near this old. Windows XP runs great on my 2009 laptop; I have drivers for the GPU, the audio chip, the Wi-Fi card and the Ethernet controller.

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Windows 8.1 loses support in just a few months, I wouldn't recommend that. I would recommend straight to Windows 10, and if that's too slow then get and install an SSD as it will double, triple, or maybe even quadruple the performance of the device.
Windows 10 is just slow, even on an SSD. It also sends logs of everything you do to Microsoft.

Alderheart_54 wrote:

my wifi driver might be corrupt on windows 7, how do i fix this?
What makes you think this?

Last edited by SuperSonicmario (Nov. 30, 2022 12:00:16)

Not_Squirrelflight
Scratcher
100+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Should i delete my previous backup from icloud and back this stupid thing up?

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.15.7, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Not_Squirrelflight wrote:

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.15.7, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
If you replace the backup with a newer one from the same device it won't hurt (and having recent backups is good)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Not_Squirrelflight
Scratcher
100+ posts

Technology Help topic II

davidtheplatform wrote:

Not_Squirrelflight wrote:

If you replace the backup with a newer one from the same device it won't hurt (and having recent backups is good)
yes! thanks!
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

SuperSonicmario wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Windows 8.1 loses support in just a few months, I wouldn't recommend that. I would recommend straight to Windows 10, and if that's too slow then get and install an SSD as it will double, triple, or maybe even quadruple the performance of the device.
Windows 10 is just slow, even on an SSD. It also sends logs of everything you do to Microsoft.
If you make sure to look for the nearly transparent button that allows you to customize settings when you're installing windows, you can tell it not to. If I remember correctly.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
Qwert870
Scratcher
41 posts

Technology Help topic II

SuperSonicmario wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

What was the year that laptop released. You'll want one released between 2001 and 2005
It doesn't need to be anywhere near this old. Windows XP runs great on my 2009 laptop; I have drivers for the GPU, the audio chip, the Wi-Fi card and the Ethernet controller.
Most definitely.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

Qwert870 wrote:

SuperSonicmario wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Most definitely.
what about a 2012 pc…

Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

SuperSonicmario wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Alderheart_54 wrote:

my wifi driver might be corrupt on windows 7, how do i fix this?
What makes you think this?
I looked a little father in and it clearly said that. Also, i cannot charge it cause the cable is gone. Its a lenovo thinkpad

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat:
Alderheart_54
Scratcher
500+ posts

Technology Help topic II

they made me install the same app twice…

chromeos is buggy.
Qwert870
Scratcher
41 posts

Technology Help topic II

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Qwert870 wrote:

SuperSonicmario wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Most definitely.
what about a 2012 pc…
I have never ran it on something that new, but you might be able to find chipset drivers, maybe.

Last edited by Qwert870 (Dec. 5, 2022 18:53:43)

Miraidon_5087
Scratcher
98 posts

Technology Help topic II

my lspci info:
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4e22
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation JasperLake (rev 01)
00:04.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Dynamic Tuning service
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation Device 4e11
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 4ded (rev 01)
00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Device 4def (rev 01)
00:14.5 SD Host controller: Intel Corporation Device 4df8 (rev 01)
00:15.0 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Serial IO I2C Host Controller (rev 01)
00:15.2 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Device 4dea (rev 01)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Management Engine Interface (rev 01)
00:19.0 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Device 4dc5 (rev 01)
00:19.2 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Device 4dc7 (rev 01)
00:1a.0 SD Host controller: Intel Corporation Device 4dc4 (rev 01)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4dbf (rev 01)
00:1e.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Device 4da8 (rev 01)
00:1e.2 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Device 4daa (rev 01)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4d87 (rev 01)
00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation Jasper Lake HD Audio (rev 01)
00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Jasper Lake SPI Controller (rev 01)
01:00.0 Network controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8822CE 802.11ac PCIe Wireless Network Adapter
lsusb
Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

i got a new ipad 9th gen 64gb ipad!

Last edited by Kitten-da-Cat (Dec. 15, 2022 05:48:28)

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat:
Koraidon_5087
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Technology Help topic II

So apparently, youtube is different in different states.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Technology Help topic II

It's a little bit odd asking you guys for help, but I am trying to download the RTC launcher. For some odd reason, Norton now detects a security risk in it despite me downloading from the very same place 2 times in the past (and norton not doing that). How do I add THE ENTIRE LAUNCHER to the Exceptions list?

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it