Discuss Scratch

BananaBarb
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kirby

I’m planning on getting into Kirby! Any game suggestions? (I have pretty much every Nintendo console but switch would probably be most convenient)

I am the star of any room that I stand in, I am the stand out you’re just my stand in” ~ Nicki Minaj
Stream Pink Friday 2 on 12.8.23
woofarfbark
Scratcher
24 posts

Kirby

BananaBarb wrote:

I’m planning on getting into Kirby! Any game suggestions? (I have pretty much every Nintendo console but switch would probably be most convenient)
(NERD MOMENT INCOMING OH GOD)
if this is your first time playing a kirby game, then there are probably three i'd recommend!! first is kirby's return to dream land deluxe! it's the newest game currently and a remake of an older game!! it's pretty standard for a kirby game i'd say,, by the way this is totally not biased at all because my favorite character is in this game!! (lie) next game is kinda iffy, but kirby and the forgotten land might be an okay option! it's a SUPER fun game, but it's DRASTICALLY different from every other kirby game, since forgotten land is a 3d platformer rather than a 2d! plus a lot of the enemies are different from what they'd usually be in other games!! (for example, awoofies replacing waddle dees and stuff) next one isn't on the nintendo switch, it's on the nintendo ds, but maaybe kirby super star ultra would be okay?? this is also a remake of an older kirby game, but it's honestly a lot better than the original, since super star ultra has more sub games than the original super star!! i want to say kirby triple deluxe or planet robobot would be good options too buuut they're both on the 3ds and i've never played either of them so i don't want to say anything-
also this entire essay could just be completely wrong and my advice is actually terrible. and if that's the case then i'm so sorry it's like 1:30 am and i'm so exhausted i can't give good advice when i'm tired.

tl;dr - kirby's return to dream land deluxe, kirby and the forgotten land (maybe), or kirby super star ultra

EDIT: THIS IS SO LONG HELP WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME

Last edited by woofarfbark (Oct. 17, 2023 05:49:13)

Tophatted-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

woofarfbark wrote:

BananaBarb wrote:

if this is your first time playing a kirby game, then there are probably three i'd recommend!! first is kirby's return to dream land deluxe! it's the newest game currently and a remake of an older game!! it's pretty standard for a kirby game i'd say,, by the way this is totally not biased at all because my favorite character is in this game!! (lie) next game is kinda iffy, but kirby and the forgotten land might be an okay option! it's a SUPER fun game, but it's DRASTICALLY different from every other kirby game, since forgotten land is a 3d platformer rather than a 2d! plus a lot of the enemies are different from what they'd usually be in other games!! (for example, awoofies replacing waddle dees and stuff) next one isn't on the nintendo switch, it's on the nintendo ds, but maaybe kirby super star ultra would be okay?? this is also a remake of an older kirby game, but it's honestly a lot better than the original, since super star ultra has more sub games than the original super star!! i want to say kirby triple deluxe or planet robobot would be good options too buuut they're both on the 3ds and i've never played either of them so i don't want to say anything-
also this entire essay could just be completely wrong and my advice is actually terrible. and if that's the case then i'm so sorry it's like 1:30 am and i'm so exhausted i can't give good advice when i'm tired.

tl;dr - kirby's return to dream land deluxe, kirby and the forgotten land (maybe), or kirby super star ultra

i really like kirby’s (extra) epic yarn but its very different from other kirby games (no copy abilities) so it probably wouldn’t be a good starting point
the wii versions pretty cheap but the better 3ds version is…really overpriced

hi im tophatted
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

woofarfbark wrote:

BananaBarb wrote:

Planet Robobot was an amazing game and the first Kirby game i actually beat. It is fairly different due to the Robobot armor, but when you don't have it, it's pretty standard in terms of gameplay. A really good starting spot, with a neat gimmick, great gameplay, top-tier music, and great characters, but I'd say that RtDL would be a better start (or RtDLDx on the Switch) (Also RtDL has Magolor my beloved)

Professional idiot
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Yo-Kai Watch, Bug Fables, and Cassette Beasts.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Uhh I only own Kirby Return To Dreamland

Am I still a Kirby Enjoyer
woofarfbark
Scratcher
24 posts

Kirby

ajskateboarder wrote:

of course! anyone can enjoy kirby!! you don't even need to own any games,. if you enjoy kirby, then you enjoy kirby!! :33
also you own one of the best games

squirtel27
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kirby

scratchgodo wrote:

squirtel27 wrote:

Did any of you know that in Kirby star allies they foreshadowed the DLC characters with the puzzles in the base game?
Wait, Kirby Star Allies had DLC?
DLC stands for downloadable content

Did I mention I have a shiny alpha garchomp
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

woofarfbark wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

of course! anyone can enjoy kirby!! you don't even need to own any games,. if you enjoy kirby, then you enjoy kirby!! :33
Oh wait it's Kirby's Adventure 2 lol
woofarfbark
Scratcher
24 posts

Kirby

ajskateboarder wrote:

woofarfbark wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

i take back everything i previously said (JUST KIDDING I SWEAR LOL)

Lake_Lapcat_Cats
Scratcher
99 posts

Kirby

squirtel27 wrote:

scratchgodo wrote:

squirtel27 wrote:

Did any of you know that in Kirby star allies they foreshadowed the DLC characters with the puzzles in the base game?
Wait, Kirby Star Allies had DLC?
DLC stands for downloadable content
I know what DLC means, I was saying that I did not know that Kirby Star Allies had DLC.
I am Scratchgodo by the way.

Last edited by Lake_Lapcat_Cats (Oct. 18, 2023 06:29:14)

Join the Lake Lapcat army, the big cats of Lake Lapcat.
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

ajskateboarder wrote:

woofarfbark wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

Do you mean Kirby's Dream Land 2? Because Kirby's Adventure 2 isn't a game.

Professional idiot
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Yo-Kai Watch, Bug Fables, and Cassette Beasts.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
woofarfbark
Scratcher
24 posts

Kirby

C0D3N00B wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

woofarfbark wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

this can change

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

C0D3N00B wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

woofarfbark wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

Yeah I'm so dumb
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Me and my dad are playing through Kirby Super Star.

Professional idiot

tails1sttfan
Scratcher
4 posts

Kirby

Prove me wrong old kirby look is better than the new

ඞI love among usඞ
Supernoodles99
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kirby

that one dinky song from return to dreamland got me like

This is my signature, it goes beneath all of my posts. It isn't part of my post. You can create or change your signature here:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/your_username_goes_here/

also feel free to give me an internet, you don't need to if you don't want to.
woofarfbark
Scratcher
24 posts

Kirby

GUYS HELP WHY IS TILT AND ROLL KIRBY GENUINELY HARDER THAN CHAOS ELFILIS I HATE THIS STUPID MINIGAME RAHHHHH

tails1sttfan
Scratcher
4 posts

Kirby

woofarfbark wrote:

GUYS HELP WHY IS TILT AND ROLL KIRBY GENUINELY HARDER THAN CHAOS ELFILIS I HATE THIS STUPID MINIGAME RAHHHHH
tilt and roll kirb is the true final boss of the game
when I receive [Tilt And Roll Kirby v]
broadcast [RAGE v]

ඞI love among usඞ
scratchgodo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

woofarfbark wrote:

Are you doing extra hard?

(Thanks to butterfly_cat8 for part of the thumbnail for Cat TV used in this banner.)

Suggest purple things on my profile I can feed to Cat Posts, Cat Comments, Cat Replies or even better the Cat Profile in the link.
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Supernoodles99 wrote:

that one dinky song from return to dreamland got me like
he's just having a stroll

haha, maybe this one will hit him!

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her