Discuss Scratch

Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

I don't know very much about Kirby but it drives me crazy when anyone plays as him on smash.
By the way, it's weird that I was once shocked to find out Kirby is a “he.”
I play as Kirby all the time. He's one of my secondary characters.
Is Kirby another example of the Toad phenomenon? Is he part of a species or is he completely unique? I'm just wondering because his win animation is more like their win animation.

No longer using the forums except for suggestions.

Go to the sound library, find the sound called “Ya” and hit reverse :0

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
squirtel27
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kirby

HeyItsUnio wrote:

mythic_mew wrote:

I need to sell Kirby and the forgotten land but my brother won’t let me
why are you gonna sell peak?
So other people can enjoy it

Did I mention I have a shiny alpha garchomp
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

I don't know very much about Kirby but it drives me crazy when anyone plays as him on smash.
Is Kirby another example of the Toad phenomenon? Is he part of a species or is he completely unique? I'm just wondering because his win animation is more like their win animation.
well there's keeby
and meta knight
and galacta knight
and the mirror counterparts

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/him preferred
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

Kirby is one individual, a reincarnation of a dark god.
There are things similar to Kirby like Keeby and Meta Knight, but the connection isn't really explained.

Professional idiot
New PFP, let's go!
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Undertale and Deltarune, Fantasy Life, and RPG's in general.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

There are things similar to Kirby like Keeby and Meta Knight, but the connection isn't really explained.
YOU'RE KIDDING
I knew Kirby was dark but not that dark…

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

you have no idea how much you're missing out

bi femboy
he/him preferred
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
ChipFromChessbordia
Scratcher
17 posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

Well it's a reference to Kirby's Dream Land I think, when after winning Kirby SPLITS HIMSELF IN THREE just to make some cool moves lol

But yeah, Kirby IS a reincarnation of a god called Void, the creator of the Kirby universe. Depending on the kind of energy gathered, Void will reincarnate in a certain way. For example, if Void gathers a lotta positive energy, it'll reincarnate as a benevolent, loving creature *cough cough* Kirby *cough cough*. The opposite happens when Void gathers a lotta negative energy, spawning an eldritch monster who destroys planets for fun, like Void Termina.

Last edited by ChipFromChessbordia (March 21, 2024 19:57:04)

Slava Ukraini! Ü
Magoland
Scratcher
5 posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

you have not seen the Horrors … yet

ChipFromChessbordia
Scratcher
17 posts

Kirby

Magoland wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

you have not seen the Horrors … yet

Let's show 'em the horrors

Slava Ukraini! Ü
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING
I'm 100% serious.
Kirby is Void Termina exposed to pure positivity.
And Dark Matter is Void Termina exposed to negativity.
Kirby lore gets darker than this.
Nova, Star Dream, Sectonia… It gets crazy.

Last edited by C0D3N00B (March 21, 2024 22:14:46)

Professional idiot
New PFP, let's go!
I like Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Sonic, Zelda, Terraria, Undertale and Deltarune, Fantasy Life, and RPG's in general.

I'm also working on a full blown game outside of Scratch (I just have ideas for now)
AcePilot19
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kirby

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING
I'm 100% serious.
I always wondered, if Kirby is Void Termina but if he was completely positive, why the hell would he recreate the Hindenburg disaster just because his supposed friend (Meta Knight) wanted to help the townspeople be healthy and active?

when green flag clicked
say [EATIN' A BURGER WITH NO HONEY MUSTARD!!!]
set [ Honey Mustardv] to [-1]
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

OKAY OKAY I'VE HAD ENOUGH, LET ME GO PLEASE

This is not sarcasm.
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

AcePilot19 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

C0D3N00B wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING
I'm 100% serious.
I always wondered, if Kirby is Void Termina but if he was completely positive, why the hell would he recreate the Hindenburg disaster just because his supposed friend (Meta Knight) wanted to help the townspeople be healthy and active?
I mean, Meta Knight was waging literal war. Good intentions, bad methods.

Professional idiot
New PFP, let's go!

Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

ChipFromChessbordia wrote:

But yeah, Kirby IS a reincarnation of a god called Void, the creator of the Kirby universe. Depending on the kind of energy gathered, Void will reincarnate in a certain way. For example, if Void gathers a lotta positive energy, it'll reincarnate as a benevolent, loving creature *cough cough* Kirby *cough cough*. The opposite happens when Void gathers a lotta negative energy, spawning an eldritch monster who destroys planets for fun, like Void Termina.
So is this “void” completely neutral when it comes to mood if what it creates depends solely on what it's exposed to?
Man if anyone plays as Kirby again I will not look at that innocent little face the same way again…

This is not sarcasm.
C0D3N00B
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

So is this “void” completely neutral when it comes to mood if what it creates depends solely on what it's exposed to?
Man if anyone plays as Kirby again I will not look at that innocent little face the same way again…
Exactly.
Void is completely neutral and reincarnates into different things depending on the emotions surrounding it.
Void Termina and Dark Matter came around when, at one point, it was surrounded by feelings like, sadness, hate, etc.
Kirby exists because one version of Void was exposed to love and friendship.

Professional idiot
New PFP, let's go!

ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Umm what I never knew about this - the only lore I know of is that Kirby is an infinite vaccum, which was probably easy to infer to begin with
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

ajskateboarder wrote:

Umm what I never knew about this - the only lore I know of is that Kirby is an infinite vaccum, which was probably easy to infer to begin with
you are also severely missing out

bi femboy
he/him preferred
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kirby

Elijah999999 wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING

ajskateboarder wrote:

here's a (very large) image of a bunch of kirby lore
https://u.cubeupload.com/JTanner2026/kirbylore.jpg
(may crash really low-end devices like chromebooks)

Last edited by JTanner2026 (March 22, 2024 13:03:55)

bi femboy
he/him preferred
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
AcePilot19
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kirby

Why did Nintendo and HAL never bring back the ability to change the color of Kirby in Squeak Squad? It's so simple yet it feels like a major accomplishment for the franchise.

Last edited by AcePilot19 (March 31, 2024 17:42:57)

when green flag clicked
say [EATIN' A BURGER WITH NO HONEY MUSTARD!!!]
set [ Honey Mustardv] to [-1]
ChipFromChessbordia
Scratcher
17 posts

Kirby

JTanner2026 wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING

ajskateboarder wrote:

here's a (very large) image of a bunch of kirby lore
https://u.cubeupload.com/JTanner2026/kirbylore.jpg
(may crash really low-end devices like chromebooks)

I didn't know Qbby was canon!

Slava Ukraini! Ü