Discuss Scratch

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

god286 wrote:

(#150)

NFlex23 wrote:

Edit: I've been having a bit of trouble with making a 5-second timeout on API endpoints; if anyone would like to help, please submit a PR on the GitHub repo.
For timeouts, you can use AbortController. Vercel uses Node 14, so you will need to use a polyfill: https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-abort-controller (there's also abort-controller I'm not sure)
const Timeout = (ms) => {
  let controller = new AbortController();
  setTimeout(() => controller.abort(), ms);
  return controller;
};
fetch("/", {
  signal: Timeout(5000).signal
})
from https://javascript.plainenglish.io/how-to-set-api-timeout-with-javascript-fetch-api-2d7c95782fa9
Yeah, I already tried that. The thing is, each time I deployed it to Vercel (it worked locally) it wouldn't work and it would timeout immediately.

Edit: I guess I haven't tried node-abort-controller, only the standard library one. I'll give it a shot.

Edit edit: the polyfill worked, thanks for the idea!

Last edited by NFlex23 (April 24, 2022 11:11:59)

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Please read OP] Aviate: create dynamic, component driven statuses on the fly (aviate.scratchers.tech)

Bump.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

960times10_5is106044
Scratcher
500+ posts

I made a status viewer: https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=ten_6044&project=Aviate%20Status%20Viewer

Check it out:

Also, check out the Mineral Fish Topic (not by me) and the Numberblocks Fish Topic.
Press Shift+Down to see the rest.

You found me!
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

960times10_5is106044 wrote:

I made a status viewer: https://snap.berkeley.edu/project?user=ten_6044&project=Aviate%20Status%20Viewer

Cool!

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

960times10_5is106044 wrote:

(#154)
Great job! It's really nice.

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I really think there should be a page for viewing someone else's status, like /user/ or something like that.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

(#157)
I really think there should be a page for viewing someone else's status, like /user/ or something like that.
Good idea; I'll try to work on it ASAP.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A new page has been added: /user/:username. Example: https://aviateapp.eu.org/user/NFlex23

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

A new page has been added: /user/:username. Example: https://aviateapp.eu.org/user/NFlex23

Yay! Looks good as well!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

(#160)

NFlex23 wrote:

Yay! Looks good as well!
Thank you! I'm glad you like it.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

More than 100 Aviate users!

Epsilon_3
Scratcher
500+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

You hit a milestone! Congrats!

╭━━━╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭╮╱╱╱╱╱╱╭━━━╮
┃╭━━╯╱╱╱╱╱╱┃┃╱╱╱╱╱╱┃╭━╮┃
┃╰━━┳━━┳━━┳┫┃╭━━┳━╮╰╯╭╯┃
┃╭━━┫╭╮┃━━╋┫┃┃╭╮┃╭╮┳╮╰╮┃
┃╰━━┫╰╯┣━━┃┃╰┫╰╯┃┃┃┃╰━╯┃
╰━━━┫╭━┻━━┻┻━┻━━┻╯╰┻━━━╯
╱╱╱╱┃┃
╱╱╱╱╰╯
Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Awesome!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Congratulations!

ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could there be a way to navigate to the users page? (eg. enter a username)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Epsilon_3 wrote:

You hit a milestone! Congrats!

Adzboy wrote:

Awesome!

Looky1173 wrote:

Congratulations!
Thank you all!

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Congrats!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScolderCreations wrote:

(#155)
I'm assuming this is because you can't enter URLs in an Apple watch?

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

(#155)
i can create an apple watch optimized page to quickly do that, I need to know a few things. When opening a URL, can you go back, forward, and reload? Does it support tailwind?

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

ScolderCreations wrote:

(#155)
i can create an apple watch optimized page to quickly do that, I need to know a few things. When opening a URL, can you go back, forward, and reload? Does it support tailwind?
Why do you need to use tailwind for everything and yes it can support tailwind because I assume that the Apple Watch styles pages