Discuss Scratch

Gato_Amigo111
Scratcher
500+ posts

"Resolved" Button for QaS

Support!
This would make it a lot easier for me not to click on a post that is resolved. That happens a lot, and it wastes my time.

I'm Gato! I'm a treckie coder who loves scratch! Highligh+Shift+Down for the rest of my signature… #SPOS (Stop Politics On Scratch)! I'm playing Death's Door and Hollow Knight, FYI. Active on the forums, with over 800 posts. Proud Forum Participators' manager. Stop by Gato's Forum Pals! Cool game I made (takes some time to load). Please join our sacred society. I F4F, comment on my profile.

{MY EVIL KUMQUAT PROTECTION WALL}

Vregum wrote:

Death is the strongest force.

ɪ ᴀꜱᴋᴇᴅ ᴊᴇꜱᴜꜱ “ʜᴏᴡ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ?” ʜᴇ ꜱᴀɪᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴍᴜᴄʜ. ʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ʜɪꜱ ᴀʀᴍꜱ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ. ᴘᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘʀᴏꜰɪʟᴇ (or you're siggy) ɪꜰ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ᴊᴇꜱᴜꜱ.

stop

no

bad

srsly…

NO!!!

ok fine…

I'm very afraid of furries.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'm in your house,
So look behind you…

Sleepy time. :D

ඞ he lives

What possessed you to scroll this far?
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF wrote:

(#40)
This sounds like a good idea. However, sometimes you encounter an answer that doesn't fully answer the question. There should be a “Mark as unanswered” or something of that fashion.

Edit: 1000th post. Way too unexpected
If that's the case, simply don't mark it as Resolved.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow, 00:00:00)
~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
ERRØR; THE NEXT BIG THING “Resolved” Button for QaS
/\ Male /\ Forumer /\ TokTik /\ Chatsnap /\
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

thanks to rl1123 for gif, and hosting it bc my braindead self couldn't do it
I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

I_LOVE_TO_MAKE_STUFF wrote:

(#40)
This sounds like a good idea. However, sometimes you encounter an answer that doesn't fully answer the question. There should be a “Mark as unanswered” or something of that fashion.

Edit: 1000th post. Way too unexpected
If that's the case, simply don't mark it as Resolved.
Oh. I thought that whenever people try to answer the question, they could mark it as resolved (like on GitHub). For those cases, maybe a “Potentially resolved” label? If the OP thinks that that does not satisfy them, they could simply click a “Still needs help” or something like that.

press ctrl+shift+down to see my full siggy!
1000th post
Scratch Team, please add targeted links for the forums!

FIRST EVER SCRATCH PROJECT!!!!!!! IT'S HISTORY!
I have a github account! I can make Websites!
People in the suggestions forums:
YOU MUST READ THIS!!!!

Check out The Forum Helpers!
#StandwithUkraine I am Ukrainian, and lots of my family lives there, please pray for Ukraine

Helpful emoji: ███
VeryFamus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe a confirmation box, or being able to in-resolve it? If so then good idea, could be very helpful for people who don’t want random people necroposting on a topic they don’t care about anymore.

some know me as the guy who only posted in suggestions
i have returned once more

Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It’s yours my friend. As long as you have enough rupies.
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VeryFamus wrote:

(#44)
Maybe a confirmation box, or being able to in-resolve it? If so then good idea, could be very helpful for people who don’t want random people necroposting on a topic they don’t care about anymore.
Being able to in-resolve it would be good, in case people decide they need another solution.

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

butt

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Front page no edit

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

butt

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think a particular post on another suggestion could apply here.

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

I think a particular post on another suggestion could apply here.
I covered that.

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

jackson49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Be moist

PC LOAD LETTER

;
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

w o a h this just went onto the front page

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mockup for the warning:

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
historical_supa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This would be very useful, better than just closing the topic with a wrong answer possibly. Then people could add to the question or the answer.

i love life
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

(#53)
Mockup for the warning:
It's a great mockup. Though, I imagine a “yes” button you could click. Like one of those things up top saying:
scratch.mit.edu says:
This topic is resolved. Would you like to add this new responce?

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

Tumbler_
Scratcher
64 posts

historical_supa wrote:

This would be very useful, better than just closing the topic with a wrong answer possibly. Then people could add to the question or the answer.
I agree, and I also think that this is a good idea.

DinoMaster20 wrote:

w o a h this just went onto the front page
lol

I'm currently in the process of moving to a new account, @TumblerV2. You can find me there. Or, you can learn more here. Anyways, have a nice day!

“Skyblock teaches us that, no matter how ridiculous the odds may seem, within us resides the power to overcome these challenges and achieve something beautiful. And one day, we'll look back at where we started and be amazed by how far we've come.”
-Technoblade

Last edited by Tumbler_ (October 15, 2023 11:36 UDT)
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Tumbler_ wrote:

(#56)

historical_supa wrote:

I agree, and I also think that this is a good idea.
Good job on not saying “support”

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mockup: -

Now Showing: CCRP V
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33864948/

Coding on Scratch since 2013

Foruming since 2016

In the Forum Helpers since 2022
Tumbler_
Scratcher
64 posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

(#57)

Good job on not saying “support”
Yeah, there's actually a whole project by @dertermenter about why you should stop the support convention here. And I 100% agree with it.

Last edited by Tumbler_ (April 12, 2022 14:26:06)

I'm currently in the process of moving to a new account, @TumblerV2. You can find me there. Or, you can learn more here. Anyways, have a nice day!

“Skyblock teaches us that, no matter how ridiculous the odds may seem, within us resides the power to overcome these challenges and achieve something beautiful. And one day, we'll look back at where we started and be amazed by how far we've come.”
-Technoblade

Last edited by Tumbler_ (October 15, 2023 11:36 UDT)
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

qloakonscratch wrote:

(#58)
Mockup: -

DinoMaster20 wrote:

It's a great mockup. Though, I imagine a “yes” button you could click. Like one of those things up top saying:
scratch.mit.edu says:
This topic is resolved. Would you like to add this new responce?

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~