Discuss Scratch

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

"Resolved" Button for QaS

bamp

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow, 00:00:00)
~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
ERRØR; THE NEXT BIG THING “Resolved” Button for QaS
/\ Male /\ Forumer /\ TokTik /\ Chatsnap /\
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

thanks to rl1123 for gif, and hosting it bc my braindead self couldn't do it
I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

(#53)
Mockup for the warning:
~snipped image~
It's a great mockup. Though, I imagine a “yes” button you could click. Like one of those things up top saying:
scratch.mit.edu says:
This topic is resolved. Would you like to add this new responce?
new mockup:

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

new mockup:

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~
This is my forum signature! It shows up under every post I make! Here is more info!
/\ Scratch Wiki /\ Community Guidelines /\ Scratch Team /\ Postpercent /\ Ocular
Currently most active on the forums! I don't make projects, I might come out with one in 100 years.

I have eaten the rest of DinoMaster20's siggy! Yum! Find out how to stop evil kumquats like myself here: Evil Kumquat Guards
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The sponsor of this bump is…
Project Forumoji!

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

Project Forumoji!

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

Tunde123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

This is a SIGNATURE. This is seperate from a normal post ^
Forum Posts: 2600+/3000
Highlight + Shift + Down Arrow = To see whole signature.

Want to friend me on Roblox? My username is BaconvsRoblox121314 if you want to friend me!

–v More Information v–
New Scratchers - Introduce yourself here!

Questions about Scratch - Ask questions related to scratch here!

Help with Scripts - get/provide help here!

Suggestions - Suggest blocks, features, and more here!

Bugs and Glitches - Report bugs/glitches here!

Last edited by Tunde123 (May 17th, 2022 10:18 AM EST)
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

DinoMaster20 wrote:

Project Forumoji!

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

Roblox888i
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DinoMaster20 wrote:

Maybe a warning would come up saying:

If you think you have a better explanation, then you post it by pressing “Yes”.
Blocked

Below this little line ^ is my signature, you can edit it by going to scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/YOURUSERHERE/ also highlight a part and do CNTRL+SHIFT+DOWN to scroll down.

3 YEARS ON SCRATCH

Roblox888i
===========================================================================================================
| Ocular Profile | Scratch Profile | ScratchStats Profile | Github Profile |
=================================
| | Scratch Wiki Profile | |
===========================================================================================================

REST OF SIGNATURE NOT DONE
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Roblox888i wrote:

(#68)

DinoMaster20 wrote:

Maybe a warning would come up saying:

If you think you have a better explanation, then you post it by pressing “Yes”.
Blocked

I can't do anything about that.

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bring up this topic

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BIG BUMP

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GIANT BUMP

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

VeryFamus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possibly, people do post on QaS topics that are solved without knowing it surprisingly often, usually because there isn’t an indicator or they miss it. This would definitely decrease unnecessary posts in QaS as the indicator is a lot more visible to people.

some know me as the guy who only posted in suggestions
i have returned once more

Lamp oil, rope, bombs. You want it? It’s yours my friend. As long as you have enough rupies.
DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

– week bump –

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~

DinoMaster20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump *-

~ ᴅᴍ20 ~