Discuss Scratch

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ace Attorney Custom (And Official) Sprites Topic

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

(Backgrounds technically count, right?-)

I found a set of backgrounds based on the courtroom from the AA anime; https://postimg.cc/gallery/1NsBrBV
Where have you been all my life?
They're beautiful!!

I bet Grossberg phases through the council tho-

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (May 30, 2022 10:28:52)

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
Not_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

(Backgrounds technically count, right?-)

I found a set of backgrounds based on the courtroom from the AA anime; https://postimg.cc/gallery/1NsBrBV
Cool!

Crikey.
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Miles Edgeworth Full body!

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Miles Edgeworth Full body!
Nice

Not_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to be asking this, but… Does anyone have tips for making AA OCs?

Crikey.
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

So I'm not sure if this is exactly the right place to be asking this, but… Does anyone have tips for making AA OCs?
Well, what kind of OCs? Are they protagonists, witnesses, or assistants?

Not_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

I'm sort of coming up with a fan story, so a protagonist, let's say! =)

Crikey.
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

Oh, I'm not exactly sure if I can help.
I know what makes a good witness/villain but I really dunno the first thing about making a protagonist. That's why I always make the protags in my fan-cases Phoenix or Apollo, lol

Not_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

I know what makes a good witness/villain but I really dunno the first thing about making a protagonist. That's why I always make the protags in my fan-cases Phoenix or Apollo, lol
I see lol. Thank anyway! =)

Crikey.
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

I'm trying to examine what makes an Ace Attorney game good, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
But I have figured out your character needs to be humorous at times, no matter how serious they can be, you have to have some type of humor involving that character.

Here are a few things…
Not sure if this is how you do a list.

• Ladder vs. Stepladder debate.
  • Backstory should be implemented slowly, not all at once.
  • Prosecutor has to be a jerk, but for a reason.
  • Pop culture references are fun.

Another thing you can do if you want an OC is to not have the character know anybody already established prior to the game, when I say that I mean characters like Phoenix, Edgeworth, ones like that.
I know you might want to have your character a subordinate of Ema if a prompt might make things easier.

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (June 16, 2022 07:41:22)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Not_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

I'm trying to examine what makes an Ace Attorney game good, but I'm still trying to figure it out.
But I have figured out your character needs to be humorous at times, no matter how serious they can be, you have to have some type of humor involving that character.

Here are a few things…

Another thing you can do if you want an OC is to not have the character know anybody already established prior to the game, when I say that I mean characters like Phoenix, Edgeworth, ones like that.
I know you might want to have your character a subordinate of Ema if a prompt might make things easier.
Thank you so much! I literally wrote all this down in my handy-dandy notebook.

And that's not a bad idea regarding Ema… Maybe it could take place around when Lana gets out of jail.

I also decided that I'll finish at least the trilogy before even trying to come up with a whole fanfiction/fanstory/whatever xD

Crikey.
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

Here are a few things…

And that's not a bad idea regarding Ema… Maybe it could take place around when Lana gets out of jail.

I also decided that I'll finish at least the trilogy before even trying to come up with a whole fanfiction/fanstory/whatever xD
That sounds good.
WAIT SHE GOES TO JAIL!?

I've decided to play all of AAI2 and Turnabout Goodbyes before I start on mine sooo… Yeah, I think it's a good idea.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Here are a few things…

That sounds good.
WAIT SHE GOES TO JAIL!?

I've decided to play all of AAI2 and Turnabout Goodbyes before I start on mine sooo… Yeah, I think it's a good idea.
=P Yup. And it was all Damon Gant's fault. (Only for 2-4 years though.)

Haha, okay.

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Here are a few things…

That sounds good.
WAIT SHE GOES TO JAIL!?

Haha, okay.
Daaaang women in AA like to go to prison for 2-4 years quite a lot.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Here are a few things…

That sounds good.
WAIT SHE GOES TO JAIL!?

Haha, okay.
xD I didn't know that was a thing-

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Not_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Here are a few things…

That sounds good.
WAIT SHE GOES TO JAIL!?

Haha, okay.
xD I didn't know that was a thing-
I can now think of three and there are probably more in DD, and I suspect such for Aura Blackquill.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm trying to make AAI versions of Iris (Hawthorne, Fey freaking Edgeworth whatever). I got an uncertain pose crossed with her stand but that's only because I'm at a block involving her normal head, I'm still an amateur sprite maker so some help would be nice.
I wish to make them HD but SD will work, (I guess?)

Edit: I tried to search for them to see if someone POSSIBLY already made them, but all I came across was a Grossberg level fat Iris (Pearl too) and this.
Didn't notice until after posting that Edgey was on the couch passed out or something.

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (July 3, 2022 11:13:26)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I'm trying to make AAI versions of Iris (Hawthorne, Fey freaking Edgeworth whatever). I got an uncertain pose crossed with her stand but that's only because I'm at a block involving her normal head, I'm still an amateur sprite maker so some help would be nice.

Edit: I tried to search for them to see if someone POSSIBLY already made them, but all I came across was a Grossberg level fat Iris (Pearl too) and this.
Didn't notice until after posting that Edgey was on the couch passed out or something.
Oh lol I remember seeing Grossberg-Iris. (also did Gant just kill Edgeworth?-)

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Why can I find that and not AAI sprites?? (Maybe so, I guess Edgeworth should have let him look out his window to look for swimming holes.)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Why can I find that and not AAI sprites?? (Maybe so, I guess Edgeworth should have let him look out his window to look for swimming holes.)
I did find one for a defense attorney Iris so maybe that can be worked into an AAI thing somehow?