Discuss Scratch

EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ace Attorney Custom (And Official) Sprites Topic

Soooo…this is sort of related I think…

I'm trying to make an AA fangame at the moment and I'm struggling to create a breakdown animation for the killer. He's a smug self-proclaimed violin prodigy (yeah I'm using free-to-use stock characters, I have no artistic talent)

However he came with no breakdown or court sprite. I was thinking of having him break his violin bow in two but I'm not really sure how to go about editing that, any advice?

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I'm trying to make AAI versions of Iris (Hawthorne, Fey freaking Edgeworth whatever). I got an uncertain pose crossed with her stand but that's only because I'm at a block involving her normal head, I'm still an amateur sprite maker so some help would be nice.
I wish to make them HD but SD will work, (I guess?)

Edit: I tried to search for them to see if someone POSSIBLY already made them, but all I came across was a Grossberg level fat Iris (Pearl too) and this.
Didn't notice until after posting that Edgey was on the couch passed out or something.
Oh lol I remember seeing Grossberg-Iris. (also did Gant just kill Edgeworth?-)
Why can I find that and not AAI sprites?? (Maybe so, I guess Edgeworth should have let him look out his window to look for swimming holes.)
I did find one for a defense attorney Iris so maybe that can be worked into an AAI thing somehow?
That is PERFECT for what I'm going to do!! THANK YOU!!!
Also, where do you FIND these things!?

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I'm trying to make AAI versions of Iris (Hawthorne, Fey freaking Edgeworth whatever). I got an uncertain pose crossed with her stand but that's only because I'm at a block involving her normal head, I'm still an amateur sprite maker so some help would be nice.
I wish to make them HD but SD will work, (I guess?)

Edit: I tried to search for them to see if someone POSSIBLY already made them, but all I came across was a Grossberg level fat Iris (Pearl too) and this.
Didn't notice until after posting that Edgey was on the couch passed out or something.
Oh lol I remember seeing Grossberg-Iris. (also did Gant just kill Edgeworth?-)
Why can I find that and not AAI sprites?? (Maybe so, I guess Edgeworth should have let him look out his window to look for swimming holes.)
I did find one for a defense attorney Iris so maybe that can be worked into an AAI thing somehow?
That is PERFECT for what I'm going to do!! THANK YOU!!!
Also, where do you FIND these things!?
I found it on an Objection.lol Discord server awhile ago, I think.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

I'm trying to make an AA fangame at the moment and I'm struggling to create a breakdown animation for the killer. He's a smug self-proclaimed violin prodigy (yeah I'm using free-to-use stock characters, I have no artistic talent)

However he came with no breakdown or court sprite. I was thinking of having him break his violin bow in two but I'm not really sure how to go about editing that, any advice?
Hmm… I'd suggest… I'm trying to think of something.

All I can really tell you if you don't have a paid program already, use Pixlr for making the sprites, then you can have a layer solely for a guideline to draw the way you want the breakdown to look.

For ideas on what should happen in the breakdown, I would suggest his guitar Violin strings snap and the music notes on his shirt go sour.

Edit: Heck, I said guitar at first.

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (July 8, 2022 04:40:29)

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

I came across this thread a while ago and I decided to make a new account just for sprites! I’m probably gonna be posting a mini version of Dahlia soon but I’m having minor issues. (Mostly with he background and scale.) also I’ll probably make her into an objection.lol character.
AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

Also I’m having a tough time deciding my next mini character which is problematic when I’m also making an ojection.lol case at the same time so I don’t know.
EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

I came across this thread a while ago and I decided to make a new account just for sprites! I’m probably gonna be posting a mini version of Dahlia soon but I’m having minor issues. (Mostly with he background and scale.) also I’ll probably make her into an objection.lol character.
Nice, good luck with that

AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

I think I’m gonna have to pause sprite making for Dahlia because her animations look kinda weird and I need to improve more on mini making.
Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

I think I’m gonna have to pause sprite making for Dahlia because her animations look kinda weird and I need to improve more on mini making.
I hope you improve!

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

Hey, nice to see a mini sprite maker!!

And what a coincidence that you're making Dahlia because I need an Iris.
I know you paused it, but when you finish could you try Iris as well? This could be perfect for my fangame as it involves Iris.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

I’m actually going to stop making Dahlia and start making Iris then, should be easier.
AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

I finished shading the iris hair

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

I’m actually going to stop making Dahlia and start making Iris then, should be easier.
Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

Nice!

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

Nice!
*Le gasp* thank you! I can't wait to see them.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

So I got bored and I decided to completely remake Mini Dahlia’s stand poses. And the progress is feet.Your text to link here… (shading isnt final btw)
AceMagicianTrucy
New Scratcher
22 posts

Oh the image link didnt work i think, well ill update it later
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AceMagicianTrucy wrote:

Oh the image link didnt work i think, well ill update it later
I'd suggest using Postimages to host it, it won't show up in full on the forum but it'll work.

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (July 8, 2022 04:42:00)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

EOOEOKWOJDO
Scratcher
500+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

All I can really tell you if you don't have a paid program already, use Pixlr for making the sprites, then you can have a layer solely for a guideline to draw the way you want the breakdown to look.
Ok, so I tried Pixlr, it works very good. However, when I try to rotate a part of the sprite, it becomes very blurry. Is there a way to fix that or…?

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

EOOEOKWOJDO wrote:

Ok, so I tried Pixlr, it works very good. However, when I try to rotate a part of the sprite, it becomes very blurry. Is there a way to fix that or…?
I haven't figured out a way yet. Resizing it also derezes it.

I'd suggest keeping the original one as a duplicate, and finding a something online to rotate it without loss. It'll probably be easier for you to figure out the angle you want to set it as than it is for me. (I'm not saying I'm dumb, I'm just horrible at math.)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay here's my work in progress.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.