Discuss Scratch

Minoru07
Scratcher
83 posts

Create The Multiplayer Blocks!

No support because you can create multiplayer games using cloud variables, and this would be confusing for newer scratchers, and each scratcher needs to create their own multiplayer engine optimized for their own game, since there is no one way to make it work for all projects.

define scratch
a website that exists

Please check out my newest game here.
Cat2437
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

(My Siggy May Be Too Big… Highlight The Text And Use Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow!)

Hello! Check Me Out!
Latest Project: Keybind System Tutorial
F4F = NO
Advertising = Games & Animations Maybe | Stuff That Includes Me = YES!

My Quote = To Accept Failure Is Not Wrong, You Can Then Learn From What Happened, And Try Again. (My Own Quote!)
Current Blocks:
when green flag clicked
if <@greenFlag clicked? ::sensing> then
broadcast [Destroy the evil kumquats! v]
RayBones1
Scratcher
21 posts

Minoru07 wrote:

No support because you can create multiplayer games using cloud variables, and this would be confusing for newer scratchers, and each scratcher needs to create their own multiplayer engine optimized for their own game, since there is no one way to make it work for all projects.
Point A - New scratchers cannot use cloud variables.
Point B - This would be really helpful, since it would allow New Scratchers to play online games.
ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Allowing new scratchers to use multiplayer systems is a bad idea: people could easily hack HTTP requests, and breaks so many games, without needing a verified account. Also, these blocks would cost too much stress for the servers, so the implementation of the suggestion would lead to nobody ever being able to use Scratch.

anhuysam
Scratcher
63 posts

when green flag clicked
broadcast [ new player enter the game]
change [ player online] by (1)

when I receive [ new player enter the game]
say [welcome to the ……… game] for (2) secs

This is my signature it show whenever l make a post so don’t be angry if you see my signature

To have a signature copy this link https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/ then add your username to the ending remember the /

My signature: Please follow me and love and fave my projects

Remember to mention me if you are replying me so l know you are replying me

F4F=yes
Advertising=yes
Reply=yes
Ask me for something=yes but l will think
Spam=yes but only for a long time l don’t answer
anhuysam
Scratcher
63 posts

I think it should like this
when
clicked
broadcast
new player enter the game
change
player online
by

when
I
receive
new player enter the game
say
welcome to the ……… game
for
secs

This is my signature it show whenever l make a post so don’t be angry if you see my signature

To have a signature copy this link https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/ then add your username to the ending remember the /

F4F=yes
Advertising=yes
Reply=yes
Minoru07
Scratcher
83 posts

RayBones1 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

Point B - This would be really helpful, since it would allow New Scratchers to play online games.

Counterpoint (for point a): it only takes two weeks to become a scratcher, and that isn't a long enough time to get experienced enough to be able to easily use this

define scratch
a website that exists

Cat2437
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minoru07 wrote:

RayBones1 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

Counterpoint (for point a): it only takes two weeks to become a scratcher, and that isn't a long enough time to get experienced enough to be able to easily use this
Counterpoint (for counterpoint a): If a super experienced scratcher is halfway done with their multiplayer game, then they move to a new account, they would have to wait two weeks before they could continue their progress.

Bump

Last edited by Cat2437 (Nov. 28, 2021 17:11:04)

Hello! Check Me Out!
F4F = NO

My Quote = To Accept Failure Is Not Wrong, You Can Then Learn From What Happened, And Try Again. (My Own Quote!)
Current Blocks:
when green flag clicked
-EmeraldThunder-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cat2437 wrote:

Counterpoint (for counterpoint a): If a super experienced scratcher is halfway done with their multiplayer game, then they move to a new account, they would have to wait two weeks before they could continue their progress.
We shouldn't allow new scratchers to use these blocks (if they are ever implemented). It reduces load on the servers and stops people trying to crash the servers using alts.

Nothing here.
TopCode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

littleMAHER1 wrote:

(long unnecessary quote removed by moderator - please don't spam)

Support. As someone who wants to start making Online Multiplayer games I am in love with this idea. It will not only make it alot easier to make but it will encourage young kids to start making online games. Having it the way it is now could decourage young kids and intimidate them since of how big it looks
counterpoint: making multiplayer is daunting, and should not be sugarcoated.

The following is my signature:
MAKE PROJECTS REMOVED BY THE ST UNVIEWABLE PLEASE LIKE NOW
Once upon a time, CatBlocks were brought into the world of Scratch. They became quite dear to us, and were close to our hearts. But then, an evil kumquat ate them. We will always keep them in our hearts, and we promise to remember them forever.

Proud king of 500th page of minecraft topic
that sounds so cringe

PhoenixSC wrote:

No amount of rest can pass this night
Jbear_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TopCode wrote:

littleMAHER1 wrote:

(long unnecessary quote removed by moderator - please don't spam)

Support. As someone who wants to start making Online Multiplayer games I am in love with this idea. It will not only make it alot easier to make but it will encourage young kids to start making online games. Having it the way it is now could decourage young kids and intimidate them since of how big it looks
counterpoint: making multiplayer is daunting, and should not be sugarcoated.

agreed

My best project ever. Please Rate And suggest.

(Unrelated)
in memory of Celly.
TurtleLegos
Scratcher
1000+ posts

2/3 no support, 1/3 support
Reasons I do not support:
1. these seem really specific. i don't like overly specific blocks.
2. a similar opinion to what another user said: cloud multiplayer projects are supposed to be about learning, experimenting, etcetera! this makes it too easy!
Reasons I do support:
1. new scratchers being able to play seems like an interesting challenge that i would like to be a part of! when i was a new scratcher, i really wanted to be a player of the cloud games! but sadly, i could not play. new scratchers need to be a part of the cloud games!

lets go king of the fifth page

Last edited by TurtleLegos (Nov. 28, 2021 19:34:11)

BE DRY, MOIST IS TOO MOIST

hey im back! march 3 2024
Minoru07
Scratcher
83 posts

Cat2437 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

RayBones1 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

counterpoint - New scratchers cannot use cloud variables.

Counterpoint: they can just continue working on it on their old account and post it on their new one.

Last edited by Minoru07 (Nov. 29, 2021 01:05:29)

define scratch
a website that exists

ipaddude
Scratcher
100+ posts

no support
new scratchers arent allowed to use (create or update) cloud variables because this could create a detrimental effect to the servers
if we allowed them to this could pose the same problem

also as other people have pointed out the blocks are too specific and targeted at a specific niche

however i do disagree with the people who were talking about it being too easy
there's a reason people use express instead of http directly
also im pretty sure cloud variables are more confusing for new scratchers than creating a system for multiplayer games (not this one because its too niche)

Cat2437 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

-snip-
counterpoint for both: imo op should be interpreted as not allowing creation of multiplayer games but only playing
counterpoint for cat: because thats going to happen all the time and i can see its going to be a major issue

i sure hope osu lazer will support gnu hurd

arch btw ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°
test
Cat2437
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

Hello! Check Me Out!
F4F = NO

Current Blocks:
when green flag clicked
RayBones1
Scratcher
21 posts

Minoru07 wrote:

RayBones1 wrote:

Minoru07 wrote:

My point is that some scratchers create new accs one in a while, so they would, rest assured, have expereince. also, people can just watch youtube tutorials to gain expereince
anhuysam
Scratcher
63 posts

Well l am a one year scratcher but l don’t know what is a cloud variables

F4F=yes
Advertising=yes
Reply=yes
Basketbaldude2020
Scratcher
81 posts

Its a Good Idea!

Basketball_Games

Hi im Basketball_Games I create games and sometimes animations im very active in the discussion forums

(._.)

Hello This is my pet block Rocky he protects me from evil kqumats
Basketbaldude2020
Scratcher
81 posts

anhuysam wrote:

Well l am a one year scratcher but l don’t know what is a cloud variables

Umm I know what they are but idk what they do…..

Basketball_Games

Hi im Basketball_Games I create games and sometimes animations im very active in the discussion forums

(._.)

Hello This is my pet block Rocky he protects me from evil kqumats
10goto10
Scratcher
500+ posts

I think that the first suggestion that has to be made and accepted is to increase the server capacity to handle cloud traffic. I made the simplest two-player cloud game that I could think of and it still messes up when I test it.

A company called https://creaticode.com/ has made a Scratch 3.0 clone with multiplayer blocks. They don’t work at all right now but it is an interesting set of blocks and it would be interesting to see how they will handle the load (maybe they will charge for the access).

Do you have an Animate a Name project that you'd like to have added to a studio? Please leave a comment in this studio.