Discuss Scratch

gatgatcode
Scratcher
100+ posts

Edge topic

i just came here lol. i use edge edit: first reply on 14th page!

Last edited by gatgatcode (Aug. 30, 2022 21:15:59)

Profile!
My browser: MS-Edge
My os: Windows 11
ZZC12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Edge topic

Maximouse wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

Edge has this weird gap between the navbar and the bookmarks bar on a lot of websites:

Chrome and Firefox don't do this:

Does anyone else have this issue?
Chromium's layout engine likes to create gaps in places where they don't belong. The reason this specific example happens in Edge but not in Chrome is probably Edge's toolbar being slightly taller.
If you open Chrome's side panel, there's also a bit of a gap:

This is my signature. Go check out my GitHub if you want to!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure to check out these cool projects, written in real code! (outdated, sorry)
Aviate - Itinerary - Scratch Auth - Orange OS Linux Distro - ocular - Leopard - PyHelp - My GitHub
somestuffgoodhopfuly
Scratcher
4 posts

Edge topic

Edge seems to have a one pixel line going down the right side of the screen. I think this line is part of the edge sidebar (which I have disabled) as this line disappears when going into fullscreen. A way of seeing the line is by going on TurboWarp with TurboWarp on dark mode and looking at the right side of the screen. This can be seen on the default edge themes (light/dark) but might not be as visible on other edge themes. This bug has annoyed me while using edge for the last few days and if they don't fix I might just switch back to chrome.

I'm new to using discussion.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

somestuffgoodhopfuly wrote:

Edge seems to have a one pixel line going down the right side of the screen. I think this line is part of the edge sidebar (which I have disabled) as this line disappears when going into fullscreen. A way of seeing the line is by going on TurboWarp with TurboWarp on dark mode and looking at the right side of the screen. This can be seen on the default edge themes (light/dark) but might not be as visible on other edge themes. This bug has annoyed me while using edge for the last few days and if they don't fix I might just switch back to chrome.
I find it annoying too, not because it looks weird but because it makes it difficult to target the scrollbar. Interestingly, the vertical tabs feature doesn't cause a similar line to appear on the left side.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
Imarn567
Scratcher
60 posts

Edge topic

The Xbox One and later have Chromiium Edge! This is what Scratch says.
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 106.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
Anyways, I cannot install browser extensions, download things or save images to it due to the M$ walled garden we enjoy.
BEST WEB BROWSER 100/!0 DUE TO THIS ! Anyways, I love gardens without walls.

Welcome to Devastating Enemy Shootout! The top down shooter that's yet to be revolutionary!
Play now!
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

What I really don't like about edge is how bloated it is, it has so many features I personally do not need or care for. It's a generally bloated browser to the point where its menus don't even fit on my display.

This is just.. eww.. ugh microsoft as a company is pretty gross too

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Oct. 2, 2022 19:24:06)

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

It's nice to have everything in one tab so you don't have to search for everything. Also, most are useful:

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

I actually use collections and find them very useful.

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

mybearworld wrote:

It's nice to have everything in one tab so you don't have to search for everything. Also, most are useful:

still i prefer a compact, less bloated UX. one that DOESNT take up my ENTIRE display

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

still i prefer a compact, less bloated UX. one that DOESNT take up my ENTIRE display
Well how would you do it?

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

mybearworld wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Hmm.. how would I design a web browser? Oh I have designed a web browser, you might find an answer there!

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Oh I have designed a web browser, you might find an answer there!
A web browser that doesn't have a context menu in the first place?

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#271)

mybearworld wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Hmm.. how would I design a web browser? Oh I have designed a web browser, you might find an answer there!
A lot of options just aren't available on Catalyst that are on Edge so that doesn't really work

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

mybearworld wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#271)

mybearworld wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

A lot of options just aren't available on Catalyst that are on Edge so that doesn't really work
Catalyst is designed with only the features “needed” for web browsing, it's just a web browser. For any more than just a web browser, check out other web browsers.

Imarn567
Scratcher
60 posts

Edge topic

One thing I learned is that Edge needs more resources (i am using an Xbox One) so hooray for poor memory management!
Edit: I have a choice of Edge 106 (reports as My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 106.0.0.0, No Flash version detected) or the other one that says its running edge 18
Edit 2: The edge 18 one has ads with a clunky border (reported as My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 52.0.2743.116, No Flash version detected)

Last edited by Imarn567 (Oct. 8, 2022 08:23:49)

Welcome to Devastating Enemy Shootout! The top down shooter that's yet to be revolutionary!
Play now!
dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

dhuls wrote:

(#276)

Why was this on by default?
Doesn't it let you choose thatwhen opening Edge the first time?

TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

does anybody remember pre-chromium edge?
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

TheGlassPenguin wrote:

does anybody remember pre-chromium edge?
Less bloated than Chromium Edge at least

Though Edge is still just a browser to install another browser. Nowadays you don't even need Edge to get another browser because of Firefox being in the Microsoft Store.

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (Nov. 4, 2022 00:58:02)

BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

(joke) i'm depressed, and have my hair dye- wait you guys mean the browser

Last edited by BreadcatGames (Nov. 4, 2022 01:21:02)