MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

kccuber wrote:

LegoManiac04 wrote:

blablablahello wrote:

Chiroyce wrote:

Edge is better than Chrome, but I have no clue why people prefer Google Chrome over a Chromium fork (like Edge) or chromium itself
Probably because we never even heard of egde, just like how I used to use safari before I knew about chrome
Considering the most popular OS comes with Edge built in, I doubt that.
Apple users that don't use bootcamp be like:
Most people don't care, people use the browser from the biggest corporation with a browser thats also the most popular browser (Chrome). People use what OS their machine comes with. People don't care, they just use their computer ‘as a computer’ and if it works then it ‘just works’.

9pfs
Scratcher
100+ posts

Edge topic

dhuls wrote:

SAVVYSCLUTTER wrote:

(#172)

Chiroyce wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Edge is so bad
I can make a virus with it
exaggeration at it's peak - you definitely can't.
Edge has most of the features of a virus - spyware, adware and difficult to uninstall.
Edge for Android comes with an adblocker.
Also, it's only difficult to uninstall on Windows with the stable channel preinstalled (or installed via Windows Update)
But then again, Internet Explorer…
Then again, you can always install slax to the C drive by changing the batch file to install to the boot device…

Update to Chrome 98 immediately More info

topic/571765 MUST be apologized for.
Turns out, it was!!!

9pfs
Scratcher
100+ posts

Edge topic

Chiroyce wrote:

dhuls wrote:

When you include desktop + mobile (and tablets) Chrome is still #1 and far away from everyone else, followed by Safari #2 and then Edge and Firefox, followed by everything else
Makes sense - Chrome is used by almost every desktop/laptop user, Safari is used by almost every iPad/iPhone user and Edge and Firefox are great browsers but very little people use them
Every iOS/iPadOS user uses Safari. All the “others” are just webviews.

Update to Chrome 98 immediately More info

topic/571765 MUST be apologized for.
Turns out, it was!!!

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

9pfs wrote:

Chiroyce wrote:

dhuls wrote:

When you include desktop + mobile (and tablets) Chrome is still #1 and far away from everyone else, followed by Safari #2 and then Edge and Firefox, followed by everything else
Makes sense - Chrome is used by almost every desktop/laptop user, Safari is used by almost every iPad/iPhone user and Edge and Firefox are great browsers but very little people use them
Every iOS/iPadOS user uses Safari. All the “others” are just webviews.
Actually, every iOS/iPadOS user uses Webkit, because there is still a difference between just Safari and WebKit itself.

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

The only purpose of edge is to download another browser!!!
I invite you to a head-to-head fist fight in these coordinates:
Latitude: -36.39275 Longtitude: -277.05677
At 20 May 2022 6pm IST.
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Last edited by mybearworld (May 21, 2022 06:24:40)

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

mybearworld wrote:

Vaibhs11 wrote:

At 20 May 2022 6pm IST.
I'll watch
that was a heck of a fight yesterday, at least I won!

Anyway back to the topic:
It's funny and cool that edge adds an useful update every month or so
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Vaibhs11 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

Vaibhs11 wrote:

At 20 May 2022 6pm IST.
I'll watch
that was a heck of a fight yesterday, at least I won!

Anyway back to the topic:
It's funny and cool that edge adds an useful update every month or so
Useless features, the list (not the full list).

- Edge bar

- Are the oversized UI elements a feature? (It literally goes off my screen.)

- Advertising

- THIS!?

Back to the oversized UI, must I have to scroll?

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (May 21, 2022 14:23:56)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

The menu just has too many items – the size of the items is fine (I think it's the same as in Firefox).

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Can be disabled.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Back to the oversized UI, must I have to scroll?
What size screen do you have? On my laptop the menu doesn't overflow, and it doesn't have an overly huge screen:

Last edited by NFlex23 (May 21, 2022 16:30:01)

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

must be a small screen, even in my 2010's laptop with a 60% screen coverage of modern laptops; edge still fits

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

- Advertising

- THIS!?
-Image snip of the news section-
As maximouse said, can be disabled. I cannot find a way to disable it using the settings…
but parental controls work

Last edited by Vaibhs11 (May 22, 2022 03:51:28)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Vaibhs11 wrote:

I cannot find a way to disable it using the settings…
It can be changed using the settings button on the new tab page itself.

Vaibhs11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Maximouse wrote:

Vaibhs11 wrote:

I cannot find a way to disable it using the settings…
It can be changed using the settings button on the new tab page itself.
ah thank you
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

reallysoftuser wrote:

Good news, a recent news article says that Microsoft will be working on fixing the oversized context menus of Microsoft Edge!
Don't have a picture of it right now, but it should be easily googleable.
They should try to reduce the number of items in the main menu too – it's even longer than context menus.

reallysoftuser
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Maximouse wrote:

reallysoftuser wrote:

Good news, a recent news article says that Microsoft will be working on fixing the oversized context menus of Microsoft Edge!
They should try to reduce the number of items in the main menu too – it's even longer than context menus.
They should probably just have it open in a “settings page” like UWP apps. I also don't like what they did with the History button, it was better in my honest opinion when it opened to the History page.

Last edited by reallysoftuser (May 25, 2022 14:07:52)

Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

reallysoftuser wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

reallysoftuser wrote:

They should probably just have it open in a “settings page” like UWP apps. I also don't like what they did with the History button, it was better in my honest opinion when it opened to the History page.
Popups are better than full pages for things like that because you can still see the page you're on.

reallysoftuser
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Maximouse wrote:

reallysoftuser wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

reallysoftuser wrote:

Popups are better than full pages for things like that because you can still see the page you're on.
The organization for the History button is objectively worse now. In the history page, you can easily click to what section of your history you want to view (Today, last week, last month), because they're conveniently on the side of the page. But in the history dropdown, you need to manually scroll through your history to find those sections, so you better hope it isn't too long. Pages are just better organized than dropdowns, as the developers don't need to cram everything into a small form factor.

Last edited by reallysoftuser (May 26, 2022 13:30:53)

minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

I remember when nobody used Edge simply because it was… yeah. Then they moved to Chromium, and people were like yaaaaaaay!

(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edge topic

Edge has this weird gap between the navbar and the bookmarks bar on a lot of websites:

Chrome and Firefox don't do this:

Does anyone else have this issue?

Last edited by NFlex23 (May 29, 2022 19:09:44)

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!