Discuss Scratch

jbthepig
Scratcher
500+ posts

Animated text

Support.

I wish they would add the blocks, but no… we're still waiting after more than a year. *Sigh.* Think of everything we could do with them!

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow, 27:09:07)

To scroll through a signature, highlight some text in the signature, then use:
((shift) + (up/down arrow))

To add a signature, go to the bottom of Discussion Home and click “Change your signature.”

I had a bigger signature, but it was eaten by an Evil Kumquat.

<´・ω・` :: sensing> //This is Sam. He will protect my signature from future attacks.
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

This would be much easier for inexperienced Scratchers that don't know how to make text engines.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
jbthepig
Scratcher
500+ posts

Animated text

7salad3salad wrote:

This would be much easier for inexperienced Scratchers that don't know how to make text engines.
And also for experienced Scratchers, so that they don't have to make text engines.

To add a signature, go to the bottom of Discussion Home and click “Change your signature.”

<´・ω・` :: sensing> //This is Sam. He will protect my signature from future attacks.
RED-001
Scratcher
500+ posts

Animated text

Support, people will have a lot less time making and implementing text engines, but I think that the letters look worse in Scratch Labs.

Quote of the day:

highlight this text and press ctrl+shift+down/up arrow keys to see the rest of my beefy signature.

all of my pfp's:
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/6a3bcba21124c2935fb26ee5bf3a4fb8.jpg - mario exe creepysussy bakapasta.
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/075874325c5e943d8d2e0353ef4ecbfb.gif - current, super compressed portion of captain quazar fmv
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/caff50096a0b205fe7a893078a114c15.gif - another segment of the captain quazar fmv
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/f6964fc19654bb1b6f1e1ee3b63e9408.gif - captain quazar sussy lookie
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/ace31555f9c51e18140ad0a4b64008a1.png - just a maroon square
https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/a4c1e3df0ac83c964a05cd8207d995a4.png - default scratch cat avatar

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

If you can't download the normal 2.0 editor, try these steps:

Download the Adobe Flash Player Projecter here: https://web.archive.org/web/20220401020702/https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html (sadly they took it down recently from the official site, thanks to the Internet Archive for archiving it)

Select the program that is right for your device. Do not download the debugger, just the projector. After you download it, install/open it.

Download Scratch 2.0 here: http://cdn.scratch.mit.edu/scratchr2/static/__ff878b6c9b6c4d18fab154a707dc253c__/Scratch.swf

Now, go into the Flash Player, and press File > Open, and then select the .swf file you downloaded.

Now you should be able to use Scratch 2.0 on your computer!
jbthepig
Scratcher
500+ posts

Animated text

RED-001 wrote:

Support, people will have a lot less time making and implementing text engines, but I think that the letters look worse in Scratch Labs.
People could still use text engines if they want to…

Last edited by jbthepig (May 5, 2022 18:11:12)

randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

bump

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
BebaMonica
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animated text

YESSSS 100,000,000,000% SUPPORT

((^) - (^))
this is kimmy!
she protects my signature from monsters evil kumquats!

note:
i am new at the scratch forums! if you could help me with it that would be great!

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1581299 <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
#Keep-The-Danec-Trend-Going!

#The-Semicolon-Glitch
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

BebaMonica wrote:

YESSSS 100,000,000,000% SUPPORT
Please be constructive and explain why you support. The ST doesn’t add it cuz people support it, they add it cuz why people support it.
Anyways, a potential thing is that it may make it a little to easy to make a text engine with this, but, as Scratch is aimed at kids, it could be fun for younger audiences.

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
ChooChoo62
Scratcher
9 posts

Animated text

I just had an idea. What if, in the Animated Text extension, there was a button in the palette that, when clicked, would bring you to a costume editor where you could create a new font for the dropdowns. That way, if you didn't like the font options given, rather than make a text engine to allow for custom letters, you could just use the costume editor and make letters there.

So, like this:
| Serif | | | A | |
|________| | |________| | Editor
_________ | _________ |
| | | | | |
| Curly | | | B | |
_ |________|_ | _|________|__|__________________

Also ScratchLab has a new extension apparently: “Block Colors”…

Last edited by ChooChoo62 (Dec. 25, 2022 19:26:26)

when green flag clicked
forever
if <(Mood) = [Chill]> then
think [B)]
end
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

ChooChoo62 wrote:

(#29)
I just had an idea. What if, in the Animated Text extension, there was a button in the palette that, when clicked, would bring you to a costume editor where you could create a new font for the dropdowns. That way, if you didn't like the font options given, rather than make a text engine to allow for custom letters, you could just use the costume editor and make letters there.
I would suggest it in the feedback forum for the blocks. This isn't really a topic about the blocks themselves, just about making the ST add them.

Anyway, no support since Scratch shouldn't push out unfinished features
yoreni
Scratcher
43 posts

Animated text

I support this

by this logic, we can remove
move (10) steps
why not just use
go to x: ((x position) + ([cos v] of ((direction) * (10)))) y: ((y position) + ([sin v] of ((direction) * (10))))
i mean jeez so simple
VedanshS933
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

yoreni wrote:

I support this

Why do support this? Please be constructive

Home OS 3.0 Coming Soon!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/880616996/

Post Count - 2000+!
1. Suggestions 1100+ (first time hitting 1000 on a subforum!)
2. Questions about Scratch 250+
3. Advanced Topics 230+
4. New Scratchers 100+
5. Show & Tell 80+
6. Bugs and Glitches 70+

redesigning the signature
Rmint
Scratcher
5 posts

Animated text

I think there should be a duration for the animations in the Animated Text.
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

Bringing this topic up.
I'm thinking the movement could be sth like this though:

Also yea, I was too lazy to change the numbers from 10 XD

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
Endless-Ocean
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animated text

Bump!

I’m dying to use this (Animated Text) in actual Scratch… ST, please add it, or at least tell us something! Don’t give up on it now!!! We’ve waited a couple years (even longer than that) for this, either it’s being added or it’s not… any news at all?!

Hello, I am a coder who likes to experiment and create things on Scratch! I don't release projects that much lately because I have many big projects I'm working on. If you like you can come check out my released projects by clicking my profile picture at the top left of this post. I don't look to get famous on Scratch, but it feels good when people see my projects. Well, see you next post!
-@Endless-Ocean

wait until <(the world is flat?) = [true]>
And the ocean is endless, if you ask me. Ctrl+shift+down or else you'll miss out

Welcome to the hidden world of Endless-Ocean's signature!

Here you can just… um… whatever idk
Nice down here isn't it?

Helpimstuckinagame
Scratcher
43 posts

Animated text

I was about to suggest the same thing until I found this in the directory.
I need this to make subtitles for my animations, because I'm getting tired of using
say []
instead.
I was able to code subtitles in scratch lab, and I really want to be able to share it on the real scratch. It's also very fun to mess around with.
You can workaround this by making a text engine, however those can be difficult to make, especially to beginner and novice scratchers, and can be very time-consuming.

Last edited by Helpimstuckinagame (Jan. 8, 2024 17:23:17)

Help! I'm stuck in a game!

Check these out
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

I feel the ST should come back to this, it's last update was in 2021, and this post was made in 2024 (That's 3 years!). It's not a bad idea either because it is so much easier than making a text engine as @Helpimstuckinagame said here. I don't think it would be difficult to add to scratch when the blocks already exist in scratch lab.

shift+ctrl+down arrow to scroll
I may sometimes make mistakes, change my mind, etc., and edit my posts
When (::red) clicked :: events hat
repeat until <key [all v] pressed?>{
destroy this sprite::control cap
when @greenFlag misclicked::events hat
become idiot::custom}::control
(╯°□° ╯︵ ┻━┻::red)::#000000 reporter//this is brad, he creates cursed scripts like the one you saw above
(ㆆ_ㆆ)//this is max, he stares at you with that expression if you say you don't support my suggestion

You found me
-Expo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animated text

Perhaps you can manually animate the fonts

Scroll down / desplazarse hacia abajo | El español está abajo :D | Gib internet

Hello, I'm @-Expo! I'm a veteran Scratcher and member of the Scratch translation team who has been on Scratch ever since I was four (a long time ago!) In real life, I am a proffesional footballer for the Asociación de Fútbol Argentino and Brighton. I'm a huge Huge FC Barcelona Fan and loyal subject to Rosario Central. I use scratch for coding, making friends, and helping people out. I hope you enjoy my projects!

-ExpoEspanol

Why are you here?
dinonugget-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animated text

bump

Scratchedbyyou
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animated text

bump

My profile here!
My alternate account here!
My forums account here!
If you want to comment about one or more posts I made, I recommend posting the comment on my forums account.
I make animations and games. I also do a little posting on the forums. Scratch is a great place!
when green flag clicked
set voice to [tenor v]::pen
say [I do F4F]::custom

define say (words)
say (words)
speak (words)::pen
say []